R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #8416
Tech Regular

Anyone had problems getting the wing clips in when using proline wing that comes with the body?
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #8417
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
Avid chassis is stiffer than stock and seems to be better suited for higher traction tracks.
Thanks I read that somewhere thought I was reading it wrong a lot of times it's the opposite thanks again
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #8418
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
I got the rear wing mounts so I can use buttons instead of body clips
Ah, that makes sense.
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #8419
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default servo

Hey guys button n up my build and I have a question for you,are you guys using the servo saver supplied in the kit? Or bolting up direct, if so what arm would you use for an spectrum servo I know its 23 tooth but it would need to have a reverse off set of some type it seems to line up to the rod,hope that makes sense , Also shorty setup, ESC behind motor or in front?Thanx for any help Cheers!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #8420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Hey guys button n up my build and I have a question for you,are you guys using the servo saver supplied in the kit? Or bolting up direct, if so what arm would you use for an spectrum servo I know its 23 tooth but it would need to have a reverse off set of some type it seems to line up to the rod,hope that makes sense , Also shorty setup, ESC behind motor or in front?Thanx for any help Cheers!
Ditch the stock servo saver. I use the losi servo horn. 23t for you is # LOSA99031
Balance is good with ESC in front. I have my ESC in front with the cap and RX in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413-t-rs.jpg  

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #8421
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
Ditch the stock servo saver. I use the losi servo horn. 23t for you is # LOSA99031
Balance is good with ESC in front. I have my ESC in front with the cap and RX in the rear.
Awesome Thank You Sir ,ok the front it is, same esc as you
I will set up the same way looks good!Gonna hit the track Wed for 1st shake down, new layout going in so gotta wait till then, Largemouth on the prowl so Fishing tmrw lol ,Thanx for your reply!!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #8422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Awesome Thank You Sir ,ok the front it is, same esc as you
I will set up the same way looks good!Gonna hit the track Wed for 1st shake down, new layout going in so gotta wait till then, Largemouth on the prowl so Fishing tmrw lol ,Thanx for your reply!!
Just noticed in the pic that I still had the stock servo saver on it. I do run the Losi though.

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #8423
Tech Addict

Quote:
I use the HB aluminum horn.fits perfect. Check it out
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:08 AM   #8424
Tech Adept

Whichever horn you use, make sure the ballstud is facing to the rear
RENOV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #8425
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A few updates on my D413:

1. Installed the VRP 1.6mm X-Pistons. I don't know what else to say but...buy them. Shocks have never felt so good and I have never had my car this hooked up. On my first race I ran approximately 1 second faster per lap with them over the stock pistons(motor settings the exact same, just changed pistons). I'm going to play with oils a little more as I think I'm a little bit soft right now.

2. Put +5 degrees timing on my little 10.5 Trackstar and WOW, that little motor gets WITH IT! Car was moving pretty quickly, making it hard to justify the money on the name brand motors.

3. Just got my Exotek spur gear setup, went on very well as if it were OEM. Couple pumps of the throttle has me thinking there may be a little more power to the wheels with this over the stock spur, but that could also be my subconscious trying to tell me it worth replacing a part that wasn't broken.

Loving this car!
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #8426
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post

1. Installed the VRP 1.6mm X-Pistons. I don't know what else to say but...buy them. Shocks have never felt so good and I have never had my car this hooked up. On my first race I ran approximately 1 second faster per lap with them over the stock pistons(motor settings the exact same, just changed pistons). I'm going to play with oils a little more as I think I'm a little bit soft right now.

2. Put +5 degrees timing on my little 10.5 Trackstar and WOW, that little motor gets WITH IT! Car was moving pretty quickly, making it hard to justify the money on the name brand motors.

3. Just got my Exotek spur gear setup, went on very well as if it were OEM. Couple pumps of the throttle has me thinking there may be a little more power to the wheels with this over the stock spur, but that could also be my subconscious trying to tell me it worth replacing a part that wasn't broken.

Loving this car!
What are your track conditions?
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #8427
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Loving this car!

Definitely your subconscious trying to justify the money spent on it! The stock spur is perfectly fine.

Serpent America: Triton engines/ Nitro pro.Fuel/ Rc Addiction products : Vp pro Usa/Dialed-Rc
Barnstormers: Chester, NY, N.Y.. IRH Lindenhurst
Vinny Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #8428
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla View Post
Definitely your subconscious trying to justify the money spent on it! The stock spur is perfectly fine.
Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree. I know that the stock spur is soft and seems to have a little more "flex" if you will. Hence the issues with stripped spurs. The Exotek gear is made of delrin so there should be more power to the wheels in theory. Not to mention, the Exotek gear gives me the ability to switch to a 68t for stock class.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #8429
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
What are your track conditions?
Med/High clay, indoor. I'm not sure if you're familiar with LSR Speedway in Sacramento but that is where I drive.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #8430
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree. I know that the stock spur is soft and seems to have a little more "flex" if you will. Hence the issues with stripped spurs. The Exotek gear is made of delrin so there should be more power to the wheels in theory. Not to mention, the Exotek gear gives me the ability to switch to a 68t for stock class.
I'm still on the original stock spur gear that came with the kit with a 6.5 motor. If your gear mesh is set properly and you always check your motor mount screws, it's not going to strip.

Serpent America: Triton engines/ Nitro pro.Fuel/ Rc Addiction products : Vp pro Usa/Dialed-Rc
Barnstormers: Chester, NY, N.Y.. IRH Lindenhurst
Vinny Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote