R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 03-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #8401
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
I dont understand the whole port issue being the reason for back ordered hot bodies parts. correct me if I am wrong but I have seen part go out of stock and come back into stock for my xray xb4 aswell and the tekno etruggy parts i have been waiting on. I mean there are hobby shops overseas that have some of the HB parts out of stock so I cant see blaming the ports as the cause for lack of support/parts. saying all this the car is bullet proof just like my xb4 so needing parts for me has not been a issue. I just know before all these port issues there were still parts that were back ordered forever.

On a side not I got my exotek center diff spur and it seems to be so much smoother then the stock one. was much easier to set the mesh too. not to mention there wing mounts, I ran mine up side down giving it lower center of gravity as well as made it fly much better coming off a jump. just fyi in case anyone was thinking about ordering them, well worth the money.
I've heard that hotbodies parts have always been pretty hard to get before this whole port thing. Personally I think it's just an easy scapegoat. Gotta watch those wing mounts no experience with the hotbodies but bought them for other platforms because they looked pretty trick and I hate body clips and they are tuff. Problem is on a couple crashes they just destroyed the shock towers. And I knew it was them because the breaks were right at the mounting points went back to stock ones cut off body mounts and tapped a couple holes used the wing mount buttons no problems
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #8402
Tech Adept

Broke a total of 5 shock towers 2 different platforms with them 0 without. 2 plastic 2 carbon 1 aluminum. Otherwise Exotek makes a sweet product just think having the flex of plastic here is beneficial good luck
Old 03-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #8403
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Enough of the parts in stock or otherwise. ..
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #8404
Tech Regular

Finally got mine out for this first time today. This thing is sweet!!! And tough some guy crashed on the straight and didn't call it out then wham one messed up dex410. Lol
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #8405
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
you can flip it around so the wing has a low profile which helps it fly better.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413.jpg  
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #8406
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
you can flip it around so the wing has a low profile which helps it fly better.
I'm pretty sure you can do that with the stock wing mounts without adding weight up high on your car like that.

Of course I'm just assuming the aluminum mounts weigh more than the stock plastic. I don't know for sure.

-Chris
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #8407
Tech Addict

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can do that with the stock wing mounts without adding weight up high on your car like that.

Of course I'm just assuming the aluminum mounts weigh more than the stock plastic. I don't know for sure.

-Chris
as i was writing that last post i was wondering if you could do the same with the stock mounts. should be able to but i never tired it. as for weight up high it actually lowers the center of gravity.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #8408
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
as i was writing that last post i was wondering if you could do the same with the stock mounts. should be able to but i never tired it. as for weight up high it actually lowers the center of gravity.
I'm running the stock wing mounts in the low position (upside down) and think it jumps much better in this configuration.
jjl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #8409
Tech Addict

Quote:
What lowers the center of gravity? If you mean running the wing low, I agree. If you mean running wing mounts that are heavier than stock, that is not correct.

I like the way my buggy jumps just fine with the high wing mount. But I don't think high or low either one is going to be be better for everyone. It's going to depend on setup, driving style, track layout and how the jump faces are shaped.

What was the problem you were having that was solved by changing to the low mounting position? I'm just curious and not looking to tell you it's wrong or anything. If it works for you, it works.

-Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #8410
Tech Addict

I don't know if I really need to say this but when I ask something like what is better about some aftermarket part than stock I'm just trying to understand what parts might actually make my D413 better.

I'm not big on bling and it seems like that's what many of the parts available for this buggy are right now. Below is what I've seen that would seem to make a functional improvement. I'd love to hear other opinions though if I'm not seeing something.

Ball bearing ackerman bar from RCShox or Exotek.

Exotek machined spur and mounting plate.

Machined shock pistions.

Maybe the rear clamping hexes from Exotek. I used a bit of grease on my pins and haven't had one fall out a single time but I can see why someone would pick these up.

Titanium turn buckles. I have these even though I haven't bent a stock one.

The longer Shelle chassis for certain track conditions.

The Avid chassis if you are already adding weight to your stock chassis and want to keep that weight as low as possible.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #8411
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
Enough of the parts in stock or otherwise. ..
Valid in the thread of a car that if you want to purchase or that if you have a broken one you can not fix nor buy new because of the issue. People aren't looking for some kind of free hand outs they are looking to spend hard earned money on a product. A product that can not be found nor bought because of these issues. This thread is about the d413 and any issues pertaining to it not just so you can get the latest Ty tessman setup.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #8412
Tech Addict

Quote:
I don't know if I really need to say this but when I ask something like what is better about some aftermarket part than stock I'm just trying to understand what parts might actually make my D413 better.

I'm not big on bling and it seems like that's what many of the parts available for this buggy are right now. Below is what I've seen that would seem to make a functional improvement. I'd love to hear other opinions though if I'm not seeing something.

Ball bearing ackerman bar from RCShox or Exotek.

Exotek machined spur and mounting plate.

Machined shock pistions.

Maybe the rear clamping hexes from Exotek. I used a bit of grease on my pins and haven't had one fall out a single time but I can see why someone would pick these up.

Titanium turn buckles. I have these even though I haven't bent a stock one.

The longer Shelle chassis for certain track conditions.

The Avid chassis if you are already adding weight to your stock chassis and want to keep that weight as low as possible.

yes i was talking about running the wing in the lower position that lowers the center of gravity. as for after market, the exotek center spur seems to be alittle more smoother then the stock as well as makes it easier to open and change your diff oil because there are 4 less screws. The exotek Ball bearing ackerman bar seems to take most of the slop out but not all of it which i think is a good thing. as for the exotek shock retainers I bought those because i saw people posting on here that the stock ones would come out in the middle of a run or during a crash and that since changing to the exotek ones they havent had that issue. and same with the Schelle Chassis, I bought that because my buddy has been running it, and says it calms the car down alot while making it faster going into corners aswell as jumps better.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #8413
Tech Adept

Anyone have any experience with the avid chassis and floating servo mount? While waiting on the kit I'm thinking of grabbing it since I saved the money on my kit. I tend to like the flex of the aluminum in other platforms seems to help out in the turns. Just looking for input
Old 03-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #8414
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts97 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the avid chassis and floating servo mount? While waiting on the kit I'm thinking of grabbing it since I saved the money on my kit. I tend to like the flex of the aluminum in other platforms seems to help out in the turns. Just looking for input
Avid chassis is stiffer than stock and seems to be better suited for higher traction tracks.

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #8415
Tech Adept

I got the rear wing mounts so I can use buttons instead of body clips
RENOV8R is offline   Reply With Quote