R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #8386
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 164
Default

Sorry as well
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #8387
Tech Master
 
boudin4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Natchitoches, LA
Posts: 1,798
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I know when the car came out I pre ordered from tower
I gave up on it! It took FOREVER! It's an awesome car!
Well worth it! Another reason it takes long because it is still in such high demand!
I'll sale mine when tekno makes a 4wd buggy!
__________________
Marc Richard
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #8388
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts97 View Post
They do make more money that kit costs probably $25 tops to make electronics are different these are molded plastic and machined aluminum and carbon parts very cheap to produce there and not double here if not such high profit margins weren't sought. but you did say they don't want to work just pointing that out. I buy them and would either way but the whole double the cost thing is a myth created to help the consumer accept that his product is made in a factory that pollutes the atmosphere and treats their workers horribly so that they can recieve higher profits.

How do you know for sure? Molds are not cheap and these are not toys r us cars that sell thousands upon thousands.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #8389
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,544
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts97 View Post
Sorry as well
nah, don't be sorry. no doubt jhautz put out the anti-union "they don't want to work" vibe and you just presented the other side. i, for one, appreciate your contribution. yeah, it sucks when these things effect our hobby, but there are larger issues. i'm just glad they reached an agreement and things will be back to normal soon.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #8390
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
How do you know for sure? Molds are not cheap and these are not toys r us cars that sell thousands upon thousands.
It's a plastic mold I understand that this isn't a toys r us car it's the nature of the beast. Look at it this way I can backorder a kit from tower right now with a $60 off coupon that puts it at 370. They aren't eating that the cost to them is probably between $250-300 tops. That's how they can do this without going out of business. Lower profit higher volume.it is shipped on a giant tanker ship that burns fuel workers handle at the docks team guys given multiple cars samples given out sponsorship money travel money. A lot of things going on design etc. now look up hpi hotbodies and what they profit in a year it's pretty easy your right now that I look at things closer I am wrong it's probably less than $25. It may sound bad but that's the fact. Here's an example check out rocket RC I have a tlr 22 brass part from him because I was waiting on the boats as well. His is better quality, beautifully machined piece of brass. A dollar or 2 cheaper than the TLR part and it's made in the USA. Sorry about the hijack again I'm sorry just trying to explain what goes on
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #8391
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 164
Default

Basically what I'm saying with all this is even if it costs double to produce it doesn't mean we pay $860
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #8392
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
nah, don't be sorry. no doubt jhautz put out the anti-union "they don't want to work" vibe and you just presented the other side. i, for one, appreciate your contribution. yeah, it sucks when these things effect our hobby, but there are larger issues. i'm just glad they reached an agreement and things will be back to normal soon.
Yeah things are backup and running according to the unions site we should be able to enjoy stocked shelves in no time main thing that slows things a bit at this point are gonna be security reasons. But otherwise it will be back to normal in no time, I'm waiting on one of these myself can't beat that tower coupon!
Motts97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #8393
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Wow ,just built the diffs ,Very Smooth!!!
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #8394
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

BmainStar, you are going to love this thing. My son has had his all winter and other than a bit of shock maintenance and cleaning....I have done absolutely nothing with it. He took first in the A main at a pretty competitive track with one of his front hinge pins threaded most of the way out. That is the only time I have ever even thought about the car causing a problem...and that was partly a maintenance issue on me.
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #8395
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I dont understand the whole port issue being the reason for back ordered hot bodies parts. correct me if I am wrong but I have seen part go out of stock and come back into stock for my xray xb4 aswell and the tekno etruggy parts i have been waiting on. I mean there are hobby shops overseas that have some of the HB parts out of stock so I cant see blaming the ports as the cause for lack of support/parts. saying all this the car is bullet proof just like my xb4 so needing parts for me has not been a issue. I just know before all these port issues there were still parts that were back ordered forever.

On a side not I got my exotek center diff spur and it seems to be so much smoother then the stock one. was much easier to set the mesh too. not to mention there wing mounts, I ran mine up side down giving it lower center of gravity as well as made it fly much better coming off a jump. just fyi in case anyone was thinking about ordering them, well worth the money.
__________________
Kyosho Mp9E TKI3, Orion R8.1 with Orion 1900kv, Savox Tessman Edition
Losi 4.0E Orion r8.1 with Orion MR8 1750KV, Savox Tessman Edition
Xray Xb4 16spec Orion r10.1 with Orion 5.5t, Spectrum S6240
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #8396
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
On a side not I got my exotek center diff spur and it seems to be so much smoother then the stock one. was much easier to set the mesh too. not to mention there wing mounts, I ran mine up side down giving it lower center of gravity as well as made it fly much better coming off a jump. just fyi in case anyone was thinking about ordering them, well worth the money.
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
__________________
Tekno EB48.2, ET48, SCT410
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5M, T5M
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #8397
Tech Elite
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,263
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

I ran my exotec spur gear last weekend and when installing it I really loved the fit and finish, but When I ran it, the gear mesh seeems louder than it was with the stock gear. Anyone else notice that? I checked gear mesh and it all seems good. I'm using the exact pinion that I used on the stock gear. It doesn't hurt anything, but the car is definitely louder.

I ran the exotec steering rack also and that part is money.
jhautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #8398
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
BmainStar, you are going to love this thing. My son has had his all winter and other than a bit of shock maintenance and cleaning....I have done absolutely nothing with it. He took first in the A main at a pretty competitive track with one of his front hinge pins threaded most of the way out. That is the only time I have ever even thought about the car causing a problem...and that was partly a maintenance issue on me.
Thanx man,I almost built the whole car yesterday I was so excited!!!!I had R/c dreams all night LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
I dont understand the whole port issue being the reason for back ordered hot bodies parts. correct me if I am wrong but I have seen part go out of stock and come back into stock for my xray xb4 aswell and the tekno etruggy parts i have been waiting on. I mean there are hobby shops overseas that have some of the HB parts out of stock so I cant see blaming the ports as the cause for lack of support/parts. saying all this the car is bullet proof just like my xb4 so needing parts for me has not been a issue. I just know before all these port issues there were still parts that were back ordered forever.
.
It really may not be in their hands,they dont build the molds themselves or own the machines that make the parts . The factory that runs the mold presses will have a huge backlog of all kinds of molds that need to run and im sure that the small r/c company parts are only a small portion of their business.If the machines are pumping out billions of other parts for many different companies,your parts may get shuffled back a while.Meantime they are telling you,ya your next!! LOL
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #8399
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
Break the rear shock tower?
__________________
Sofa King Racing
Sofa King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #8400
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
I ran my exotec spur gear last weekend and when installing it I really loved the fit and finish, but When I ran it, the gear mesh seeems louder than it was with the stock gear. Anyone else notice that? I checked gear mesh and it all seems good. I'm using the exact pinion that I used on the stock gear. It doesn't hurt anything, but the car is definitely louder.

I ran the exotec steering rack also and that part is money.
Same here on that diff gear. Tooth profile doesnt seem to be as good and it seemed like the tolerances were a little off and it bound up the center bearings a bit (or a bunch).
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek / MIP /
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net