Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColourGhost
Sorry. Emulsion. Bladder is 100% impossible to build without rebound on these. I have build other shocks without any issues, but these shocks don't last more than a few hours before they have build up to 100% rebound. If i go with Kyosho X- rings they are really smooth, but build up 100% rebound within one hour of training. This is a big problem for me, and i'm having a real hard time believing no one else is producing rebound at least after a whole day of training. I cant make these shocks "all dead" - either they suck in or rebound like hell.

I guess I will have to check mine after a few runs.? This shock design has been around for a long time.... What if after you run and the rebound returns you release that extra pressure? By cracking open the bleed screw.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
I'm using these as well but I'm building up quite a bit of rebound. (Emulsion). I originally added a .5mm spacer inside the cartridge and it felt tight but I may end up putting it back to see how it feels again.
I'm using emulsion with 1mm limiters front and rear.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan-o
I guess I will have to check mine after a few runs.? This shock design has been around for a long time.... What if after you run and the rebound returns you release that extra pressure? By cracking open the bleed screw.
I let the air out every 1-2 hour. I run 3 limiter inside front, and 2mm inside rear. I can build Xray xb4 or kyosho rb6 with no problems, but the HB D413 is a no go for me. Other shocks you can build "dead" - no shaft movement up and down. My experience with these are that you can start with no rebound, and the shaft get sucked in almost all the way, and after 2 hours of racing it's the other way around , -they come out pretty fast when removing the spring.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just rebuilt my emulsions last week and that was after running them for 3wks. They had zero rebound and did not suck in either. I'm knidof curious when I get home tonight to check and see how they are.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I have the Exotek rack my slop is completely gone in the steering rack. It replaced the rcshox version.... I also have the exotek center diff cap, being made of aluminum is WAY better than stock. You don't have to worry about the screws literally pulling completely through the holes like on the thin stock plastic cap when you tighten it down.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Most of the slop in mine seems to be in the rod ends and spindles, not the rack.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ISH
wow
dare i say that the rc shocks rack might take up more of the slop than this.
Not in my experience. The RCShox ackerman bar removed as much as can be removed from replacing the bar but still left a significant amount of slop.

The rest of the slop up front seems to come from the loose fitting ball cups, loose caster/steering block bushings and loose fitting front axles.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well you must be the worst most dumb driver out there, according to half of this post that part never breaks and if it does just use google dumba$$.

This was said with the utmost sarcastic intent.
But you're not bitter, right?

I made it through another day of racing Sunday, complete with some traction rolls that made the buggy tumble, a couple head on bumps into pipes and boards, and being hit from just about every possible angle by aggressive drivers. Managed to pop a shock off the tower once and pop ball cups off twice.

I must be the best smartest crasher out there to not break such a fragile part as the tower brace.

This was said with a little sarcasm but mostly good humor and I was smiling while I typed it. See, here's a nodding smiley face to prove it.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Yodah
I have the Exotek rack my slop is completely gone in the steering rack. It replaced the rcshox version.... I also have the exotek center diff cap, being made of aluminum is WAY better than stock. You don't have to worry about the screws literally pulling completely through the holes like on the thin stock plastic cap when you tighten it down.
I'm curious about what made you want to replace the RCShox ackerman bar. I'm really happy with mine.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ISH
just ordered the exotek rack. i will compare maybe even do a video.

I'm still trying to figure out how to quiet down this car. any ideas?
Maybe try the Extock spur gear/diff cap, I've not got a D413, but found most of the noise of my old Durango 410 came from the spur gear, not all of the std ones were round, swapped to a machined RW or RDRP one & it was a lot quieter, might be the same for the D413.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Finally finished my 413. Spent too much time trying to wire it up nicely. The receiver always looks a mess so I made a plastic cover out of a product package and some velcro, added some carbon decal lipstick. Paint job was terrible but I dressed it up with some graphics i got off the kit box and printed to vinyl. Finished it up with a matte finish using Valspar glass frost spray to hide my terrible paint job overall. The ebay special heat sink on the motor actually works great and fits perfect using the proline body.

Used B5 ball cups everywhere, just one less part I need to worry about carrying in stock and they fit great with less slop overall.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iScream
I'm curious about what made you want to replace the RCShox ackerman bar. I'm really happy with mine.
I ordered the Exotec strictly for the bling. No comparison. the RCShox is very functional, just looks like somebody sat on a stump and carved it out with a pocket knife. Also don't like the way the holes for the balls are recessed and only has one bearing per side.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Dude I even re read that post how did you think I was being serious? I've been the one defending all of us that have broken the front shock mount and can't find it.
i found 2 in my pit bag
Old 02-25-2015, 09:36 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'll give you......$1,000,000 for one of them.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

my exotek took 98% of steering rack slop out but its in the caster blocks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.