Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Those were just stories I heard.

Team Associated is like 10 minutes away from my office, so I just drive down to their office if something is wrong.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they went with 5.5's there.
Yes, most of the them did use 5.5T motors due to the extreme amount of traction... Alot of them ran 6.5T motors in their 2w buggies as well. Needed that extra bit of POP to get around the sugared track.

As for Billy T's "tinkering" comment, I am with you on that, it's fun to see what changes affect what on the track... It's just that when it comes to electronics, that is one thing I don't care to mix & match. If you have an issue or question, its hard to diagnose when you use "brand A speedo" with "brand B motor". That's why a lot of the upper tier drivers run "matched" electronics. I see far too many racers having issues when mixing up electronics. Becomes difficult to diagnose & cure the problem when the motors were not tested to work "properly", with a competitors speed control. Some ESC's software does not jive well with the sensor board of a another brands motor (and so forth)... How many time's have you seen the "Did you check your sensor wire?" comment

Anyways, the above is just my opinion & its from years of assisting fellow racers with electronic "gremlins" that always appear when mixing brands of electronics. Found it worth while to stay with one brand as it allows me more track time, than sitting at the bench wondering what's wrong?

Race on!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertracerdad
Yes, most of the them did use 5.5T motors due to the extreme amount of traction... Alot of them ran 6.5T motors in their 2w buggies as well. Needed that extra bit of POP to get around the sugared track.

As for Billy T's "tinkering" comment, I am with you on that, it's fun to see what changes affect what on the track... It's just that when it comes to electronics, that is one thing I don't care to mix & match. If you have an issue or question, its hard to diagnose when you use "brand A speedo" with "brand B motor". That's why a lot of the upper tier drivers run "matched" electronics. I see far too many racers having issues when mixing up electronics. Becomes difficult to diagnose & cure the problem when the motors were not tested to work "properly", with a competitors speed control. Some ESC's software does not jive well with the sensor board of a another brands motor (and so forth)... How many time's have you seen the "Did you check your sensor wire?" comment

Anyways, the above is just my opinion & its from years of assisting fellow racers with electronic "gremlins" that always appear when mixing brands of electronics. Found it worth while to stay with one brand as it allows me more track time, than sitting at the bench wondering what's wrong?

Race on!
+1
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertracerdad

Race on!
SMC works flawlessly with Orion R10's. I do know that.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

there are some incompatibilities for sure. I saw a guy that bought 2x flows and 2x trinity d3.5's and it didnt work. The car pulsed going down the straight. put a novak esc in and issue went away. but the flow and d3.5 didnt get along at all. he tried 2 flows and 2 different d3.5 with different sensor cables and the issues persisted.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

???? is when will car be out? The 1/8th nitro came out so late in season I had to take it out off consideration. bought Kyosho's instead. May have bought the K cars anyways, but the D812 was not considered because it was not on the market yet.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purple rides
???? is when will car be out? The 1/8th nitro came out so late in season I had to take it out off consideration. bought Kyosho's instead. May have bought the K cars anyways, but the D812 was not considered because it was not on the market yet.
just read back some. alrdy went over a hundred times
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Just bought peak racing vantage 6.5(rebadged orion vortex pro 2010) for when I get d413. Been using reedy sonic since it came out. It helped develop my driving but now it feels so easy and predictable I'm getting bored. So I don't want super smooth motors at the moment. Is there a motor anyone can recommend that feels like a lrp but without too much insane power and doesn't heat up as fast? I plan on using hobbywing v3.1 esc
Old 11-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Yes, that motor will fit(its standard 540 size). Not sure about running a 3800. That's the equivalent of about a 10.5, albeit with more bottom... On a short high grip track, yes. But you will get run down by every 6.5 out there with any kind of long straight. Gear it high enough and you will kill all the bottom you gain from the motor, and just end up with hot short run times.
Ok, that will my motor then! For sure it fits? (being sensored and 4s capable makes me Nightmares) :P

Those 2mm extra... should not be a problem dremeling anywhere if needed!

I just need the money to make it happen.
It will be illegal for track racing... but that's not my goal!

This is the 1/10 buggy i was waiting FOR in years! 3 metal gear diff's and that possiblity....

Later, peace!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-09-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Just bought peak racing vantage 6.5(rebadged orion vortex pro 2010) for when I get d413. Been using reedy sonic since it came out. It helped develop my driving but now it feels so easy and predictable I'm getting bored. So I don't want super smooth motors at the moment. Is there a motor anyone can recommend that feels like a lrp but without too much insane power and doesn't heat up as fast? I plan on using hobbywing v3.1 esc
The Orion motors are the exact opposite of what you're looking for. The Reedys are torquey, but smooth on top, while the X20s are just balls to the wall. I haven't found anything else that I like anywhere near as much as the Reedys.

Orion, Speedpassion and Tekin are all more docile.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

So the X20 LRP are more like a RTR ESC with no throttle managent?
More like 0% to 100% speed in 0,01 second?

Or are just big torque motors yet smoother...?

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
The Orion motors are the exact opposite of what you're looking for. The Reedys are torquey, but smooth on top, while the X20s are just balls to the wall. I haven't found anything else that I like anywhere near as much as the Reedys.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
So the X20 LRP are more like a RTR ESC with no throttle managent?
More like 0% to 100% speed in 0,01 second?

Or are just big torque motors yet smoother...?
I know you are not asking me but I run LRP and Reedy motors. They are very smooth. I have also run Tekin (older version) and they were twitchy, jerky whatever but not fun. To me the LRP (X12 and X20) are smoother and mellower then my Reedy's (both Mach 1 and 2). I like the LRP in the 2wd buggy and Reedy in my 4WD buggy.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. A friend had a orion 7.5 and I had reedy 6.5, both zx5. Mine was geared lower. In a short drag race I was only a foot ahead. We also tried each other's cars.

You may be right about sonic motors having more torque, but the vortex felt punchier, a bit more lively. Just looking for motors with different power bands to keep things interesting.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motor question

I've been looking at the Reedy Sonic 6.5, at a fair price of $89.99 with free shipping sounds like a winner to me. I race 1/8 every thing and Tekno sct410. I don't mind spending money but I like saving it too. I would love to hear from the guys that are familiar with this motor, run it or have friend that runs one. If the Orion is a must I'll buy it but at my skill level if the Reedy is a good motor I wouldn't mind saving $30 or $40. I know this next question doesn't have any thing to do with this forum, just like a small bit of info without having to search for it. Just got done with a 200 mile drive from a day of practice on a new indoor track. I almost forgot the question, what's the internal gear ratio of a Losi 22 buggy. Amain it almost giving them away so I thought since I know nearly nothing about 1/10 buggies I would put one of them together using electronics I have in stock just to get a feel of 1/10 buggy racing. I know it won't be as fast as the new HB buggy but it will give me the feel for it and it will give me something to play with before the release in January. I hope it's sooner, January is just a guess on my part.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I run it. It's a great motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.