R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 02-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #7846
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
Good looking on trying to help Randy...but Escondido Powersports is terrible. Did an order with them and had to call my Credit card company to get my money back...they never shipped anything and charged my card.

check out the yelp reviews
X1000 Also known as Active Powersports, these guys are the WORST offenders on the web for selling products they don't have. If it isn't in stock at the usual places, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell these guys have it, and for the exceptional prices they list.

If it seems too good to be true.... You know how the saying goes.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #7847
Tech Adept

It can happen any time though. I placed an order with Amain last Thursday with no shipping fee and got it yesterday. Placed an order with Avid on January 23rd and paid $25 shipping and still haven't recieved it.
RENOV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #7848
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Called they have to order it.They dont have anything in stock.To many bad reviews on the net for me order from.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #7849
ISH
Tech Adept

I saw that active powersports had the towers a few days ago i emailed them to see if they had stock on hand. no answer. their prices are a little too good to be true.
T5M
Team Orion, Nova Rossi, SMC, MIP, Airtronics, KO-PROPO.
ISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #7850
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do not order from active powersports, my buddy has started a claim against them for the same reason. Ordered two shock mounts, hasn't heard a word in 2 months. Won't return emails or refund his money.
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #7851
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up guys. i was going to order 2 or 3 of them lol. I was wondering to myself how everyone was saying that they are sold out everywhere but the very first place i looked had them. guess it goes back the that old saying. "if its to good to be true, then it most likely is"
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #7852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Are you guys centering the steering rack in relation to the chassis? It seems like there's more throw to the right if I do this. Setting the steering tab closer to the servo allows equal throw to the left and right but the rack hangs to the left of the car. If I center the rack, my left steering turnbuckle is shorter than the right which also makes me think maybe it shouldn't be centered.

It's possible that the letter amount of throw is still enough for full lock but it didn't seem that way to me.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #7853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khj94704 View Post
Cool, I've been waiting for locking hexes. Too bad they're not selling fronts yet.
+1,000,000
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #7854
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Are you guys centering the steering rack in relation to the chassis? It seems like there's more throw to the right if I do this. Setting the steering tab closer to the servo allows equal throw to the left and right but the rack hangs to the left of the car. If I center the rack, my left steering turnbuckle is shorter than the right which also makes me think maybe it shouldn't be centered.

It's possible that the letter amount of throw is still enough for full lock but it didn't seem that way to me.
are your steering links of equal length? Are your wheels both straight when the servo is trimmed properly? Do you have full lock steering in both directions?

If you answered yes to all of these then you don't have a problem.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #7855
Tech Adept

Just got the Avid chassis protector. I'm assuming you can take it on and off quite a few times before it loses it's stickiness?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #7856
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
Just got the Avid chassis protector. I'm assuming you can take it on and off quite a few times before it loses it's stickiness?
Let me know if you get it off in one piece.

Let me rephrase that. Can you get it off with it still in a usable condition. I am not even going to try and remove mine until necessary.

Last edited by ramctd; 02-20-2015 at 01:05 PM.
ramctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #7857
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

When you line up the steering link, where does your ackerman bar sit? I didn't measure but mine looks to have the same amount showing on both sides. My turnbuckles are pretty darn close to the same length.

Are you running all stock steering components? Maybe the slop is throwing you off in one direction or the other?
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #7858
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Steering link length?... center to center should be the same length as the center to center dimension from servo to steering linkage pivot points.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #7859
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramctd View Post
Let me know if you get it off in one piece.

Let me rephrase that. Can you get it off with it still in a usable condition. I am not even going to try and remove mine until necessary.
Mine came off no problem, slow and steady
Old 02-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #7860
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
Mine came off no problem, slow and steady
Well I'll wait for my spare to arrive before I take mine off. Slow and steady is not necessarily my style. Why I am upside down a lot of the time..
ramctd is offline   Reply With Quote