R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #751
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,945
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

that also. Dont even remember the last time I saw 75% or more finish in a club 4wd class. A think a durable car will really help the class out.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #752
Tech Elite
 
rcmania74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,472
Trader Rating: 55 (98%+)
Default

When Is This Car.being released
__________________
Scott chilson... ..smac track. ...dirtburners..hrp checkered flag hobbies ...Alpha engines..nitro pro fuel. ...SAVOX SERVOS HOBBYWING ELECTRONICS. ...wanna know why i dont have a perfect trader rating anymore...feel free to ask because i will definitely tell u!!!
rcmania74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #753
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)
Default

From a few posts above... Originally Posted by T. Deguzman

"originally we were shooting for november but after my recent visit to the factory i'm disappointed to announce that we're not gonna hit that target. some supplier issues are forcing delays. when i don't know, and i don't want to throw out another ETA until they're actually on the ship on the way over"
__________________
~ Richard Watchorn ~
* Team Associated/Reedy Electronics * OCRC Raceway *
* Schelle Racing * CBuilt Designs * Complex Ink *
desertracerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #754
Tech Apprentice
 
Canadianrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Was thinking this was going to be my indoor car this winter...had to pickup a Dex410 just to have something to run, not sure if I can wait for it with all the new kits dropping...
__________________
- Xray XB4 2015 VTXR10BE / Trinity D4 6.5 - Associated T5M R10 / Tekin Pro2 5800 -
Canadianrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #755
Tech Elite
 
Grasschopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianrage View Post
Was thinking this was going to be my indoor car this winter...had to pickup a Dex410 just to have something to run, not sure if I can wait for it with all the new kits dropping...
Yea I don't understand what the manufacturers are doing here. I haven't been back in the hobby long enough to get a good feel for product cycles but it seems to me that they have it all wrong...and I'm not just talking about Hot Bodies here. I mean this car, the TLR, the Durango, the XRay, the Kyosho all are pre orders or due out "soon". Yokomo and SWorkz got their cars to market at the start of the season here in the US (Oct/Nov time frame) while all these others appear to be about to miss the first third.

Tekno just did this as well, releasing the 48.2 right at the end of the outdoor season. I don't get it.
__________________
www.smc-racing.net for all of your Lipo needs
RC10B5, Caster S10B Pro, 22T
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #756
Tech Adept
 
nissan240's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunman, Indiana
Posts: 138
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Placing too much faith in overseas manufacturers will get you from time to time, no matter the size of your company.
nissan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #757
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 120
Default

... just stop asking for release dates, and you wont getting disappointed! Let the enginers and the teams do their work as good as possible, and without rush and stress.
Fatal1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #758
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Yea I don't understand what the manufacturers are doing here. I haven't been back in the hobby long enough to get a good feel for product cycles but it seems to me that they have it all wrong...and I'm not just talking about Hot Bodies here. I mean this car, the TLR, the Durango, the XRay, the Kyosho all are pre orders or due out "soon". Yokomo and SWorkz got their cars to market at the start of the season here in the US (Oct/Nov time frame) while all these others appear to be about to miss the first third.

Tekno just did this as well, releasing the 48.2 right at the end of the outdoor season. I don't get it.
They can only sell them when they are DONE!
__________________
Sofa King Racing
Sofa King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #759
Tech Adept
 
kaisertrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Think I am set??

This is what I have so far,
Orion pro10 160a esc
Tekin pro4 4600kv w 35t pinion for a final drive of 6.79 and 4877 wheel rpm
(I dunno just want to try a 4pole in this thing)
Venom 3800 shorty 60c

What wheels and what servo do y'all suggest?
kaisertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #760
Tech Champion
 
skengines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Blah Vegas
Posts: 5,292
Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default

4600kv is overkill for this buggy. This is a 4wd buggy not a 4wd short course.

It would be undriveable unless you turned it down.
__________________
Mugen MBX7 Eco/Mugen MBX7T Eco

Last edited by skengines; 11-06-2013 at 07:47 PM.
skengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #761
Tech Apprentice
 
Canadianrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisertrip View Post
This is what I have so far,
Orion pro10 160a esc
Tekin pro4 4600kv w 35t pinion for a final drive of 6.79 and 4877 wheel rpm
(I dunno just want to try a 4pole in this thing)
Venom 3800 shorty 60c

What wheels and what servo do y'all suggest?
Good news, the Orion will work with the Pro4...and it makes my 7 lb 4x4 SC a rocket...the bad news, beyond overkill in a buggy...
__________________
- Xray XB4 2015 VTXR10BE / Trinity D4 6.5 - Associated T5M R10 / Tekin Pro2 5800 -
Canadianrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #762
Tech Regular
 
metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Hmmmmm..... this or or the truggy that I'm waiting for to come out. I already have two 1/10 wheelers, but no truggy. But...this wheeler has a center diff. What oh what to do?
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #763
Tech Master
 
targetingxmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Europe - Portugual
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skengines View Post
4600kv is overkill for this buggy. This is a 4wd buggy not a 4wd short course.

It would be undriveable unless you turned it down.
4600kv overkill? So what do you recomend?
You saying overkill in what, torque? But that way will be slow being 2s!!

Let me know your recomendations!

I love this buggy already, being 3 gear diffs is just right for todays brushless 4x4 power!

Remember this: This buggy will make history in RC world being the first (RIGHT) 3 gear diff 1/10 buggy. Maybe then they start to make smaller scales with 3 gear diff's systems....
__________________
Oh Lord, save me from those "internet warriors" typing from mom's basement's... :P

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #764
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,667
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
4600kv overkill? So what do you recomend?
You saying overkill in what, torque? But that way will be slow being 2s!!

Let me know your recomendations!

I love this buggy already, being 3 gear diffs is just right for todays brushless 4x4 power!
The tekin pro 4 overkill?! Hell yes it is! If I was feeling crazy, I would maybe try the tekin pro 2 motor.....
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #765
Tech Master
 
Jeremy Blair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I cant wait for this car I was on the team when they first started bringing the D4s too the states and peanut was the team manager. I loved the D4 and this car looks even better.
__________________
Clints creations Painting : clintscreations.com
Raceway Hobby
Cowtown RCC Club member
Jeremy Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net