Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think this week, I'm gonna experiment with some different diff fluids for Front, center and Rear. I like how the car has been handling, but seems like something is missing at times. I've always made the A with some real fast drivers, but usually finish 4th or 5th.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snwchris
I would love to know how some are breaking the front tower and shafts...

So for those that have shelf queens and want to complain, put your buggy up forsale, I know people looking for them and would gladly buy them and get the parts to fix them.

As far as parts, I've posted links to other places, but apparently if its not at Tower or Amain, everyone gives up hope. Google search works wonders for finding parts. So weird the other day when people said they could find shock shafts, a 5min Google search and I found two websites that had them.
Here in Europe, part support has been a BIG FEKKING problem, also for people using google my good man.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Need a wise advise. What's the longest "ball end"/eyelets (the plastic thing at the bottom of 3mm shock shaft), - i wanna try the Kyosho shock shaft so i can fit the Avid pistons ?
I know you can use the normal shockshaft, but the pistons move around a little bit, and i don't wanna use the RCshockz.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Check redrock hobbies, brukner hobbies. Sometimes it helps to if you call. When I got mine back in September, both websites said out of stock, but made a call to check and they actually had a couple. Sometimes they fly off the shelf so quick they don't bother updating the online.
Thanks, seems like Brukner hobbies is out of business until late February but I emailed red rock hobbies so we will see what happens.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glv08
Thanks, seems like Brukner hobbies is out of business until late February but I emailed red rock hobbies so we will see what happens.
Red Rock is a legit shop, James is also a member on here too (Jaz240). I've order multiple items from redrock, everything on his site or ebay store are in-stock items.

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/
http://stores.ebay.com/Red-Rock-Hobbies
Old 02-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Got those cheap graphite arm inserts off eBay. Came pretty quick and the fit is perfect:

Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ColourGhost
Need a wise advise. What's the longest "ball end"/eyelets (the plastic thing at the bottom of 3mm shock shaft), - i wanna try the Kyosho shock shaft so i can fit the Avid pistons ?
I know you can use the normal shockshaft, but the pistons move around a little bit, and i don't wanna use the RCshockz.
Any reson you don't want to use the RC Shox pistons? Seems that guys are having very good success with them
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Got those cheap graphite arm inserts off eBay. Came pretty quick and the fit is perfect:

I just received some of these today. took a couple of weeks since they shipped from china. Did you notice a difference in handling? i doubt i will considering my short driving experience.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i have not run them yet. i'm just going to start with the graphite just in the front arms and the plastic ones in the rear.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Any reson you don't want to use the RC Shox pistons? Seems that guys are having very good success with them
To be honest i don't like the close up picture of the pistons. I have the ackerman and even though i broke it 1 week ago, i have been very happy with it. The pistons look more "homemade" than avid and Schelle. I don't doubt they work, but i have this mind thing about precession, and the holes look........"hand drilled".
I will buy the ackerman again. It's really great
Old 02-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys!

Could someone point me in the right direction setup wise: the car so far handles great only the dampers don't seem to be setup correct. I race in carpet Medium to high grip. My current setup was 45wt front and 40wt Rear, Kyosho Orange front and Orange or yellow Rear, Ibise Asso oils. In tight sections or if i quickly need to chance direction the car rolls. I could only make it better in reducing chassis height but now i am too low for the jumps And it always bottoms out and Then sometimes it even flips over.
Also in tight sections it lacks front grip on throttle.
I am sure ur has to do with the dampers. Is the oil in Front too soft? Are the Springs too hard?
I also checked petit rc setting sheets but these setups for carpet vary massive!
Oh and pistons are stock 4x1.3
Old 02-09-2015, 10:23 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Don't necessarily look at your shocks. Look at your roll center and sway bars. Run the ride height you need to handle the bumps and jumps on the track and then start looking at increasing your sway bar thicknesses or raising your roll center. You probably also want to start reducing some droop as well.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your comment, but in case the car flips or bounces After a Jump is it the Springs that should be softer? How does affect hard oil and relatively soft springs the handling?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You've got pretty thick oil in the car already. If it's too thick the car could bounce on landing. If it's too thin, you might be driving all the way through the shock throw and chassis slapping causing the bounce. If you can, downside your jumps. Taking away some front droop will also give you a bit more on power steering as weight transfer to the rear is reduced.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok thank Young very much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.