R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #7531
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Behold the glory of the D413 shelf toy.

Check out my bad boy. This is where she lives due to a broken front shock tower and not so good parts support.

Boostgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #7532
Tech Regular
 
mvrk28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostgod View Post
Behold the glory of the D413 shelf toy.

Check out my bad boy. This is where she lives due to a broken front shock tower and not so good parts support.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Hot_Bodies_S...PbmRoCHW3w_wcB
__________________
Team Durango DESC10 - Tekin Pro 4 HD 4300, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
TLR 22t 3.0 - Tekin Gen 3 8.5t, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
VANT LIPOS
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:44 AM   #7533
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: mentor oh
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzchop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISH View Post
the stock parts
Alright that's what I figured I did the same thanks
Fuzzchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #7534
Tech Adept
 
RENOV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostgod View Post
Behold the glory of the D413 shelf toy.

Check out my bad boy. This is where she lives due to a broken front shock tower and not so good parts support.

Post has been moved to the Show us your D413 Shelf Queen thread
RENOV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #7535
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
I think the part they are looking for is the front tower mount and not the CF part: http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/112773
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #7536
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hearing all this talk about parts support makes me want to go Xray!
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:23 AM   #7537
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 3,692
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Hearing all this talk about parts support makes me want to go Xray!
Xray is a good buggy but the parts are crazy expensive.
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #7538
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Not that we should ease up on the lack of parts support from HB but...let's think outside the box. There are bound to be handy folks on this thread that can make some of the parts that people are waiting for. Shock shafts would be pretty easy to whip out if someone has access to 1045 medium carbon steel and a metal lathe. Not sure how the front brace is breaking but maybe someone could fab a piece we could add to it to firm up a broken one or prevent them from breaking.
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #7539
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
Not that we should ease up on the lack of parts support from HB but...let's think outside the box. There are bound to be handy folks on this thread that can make some of the parts that people are waiting for. Shock shafts would be pretty easy to whip out if someone has access to 1045 medium carbon steel and a metal lathe. Not sure how the front brace is breaking but maybe someone could fab a piece we could add to it to firm up a broken one or prevent them from breaking.
Has no one measured up another manufactures front shafts to see if will work? I know I used to use losi out drives for my 408 durango and used my 408 rear shock shaft in my serpent 811 just had to make hole bigger in the piston got me thru till I got a new one.
turtle189mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #7540
Tech Regular
 
mvrk28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221657683876

^set of front shock shafts, I ordered one set there's one set left. Was gonna order both but I figured somebody may really need a set
__________________
Team Durango DESC10 - Tekin Pro 4 HD 4300, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
TLR 22t 3.0 - Tekin Gen 3 8.5t, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
VANT LIPOS
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #7541
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189mt View Post
Has no one measured up another manufactures front shafts to see if will work? I know I used to use losi out drives for my 408 durango and used my 408 rear shock shaft in my serpent 811 just had to make hole bigger in the piston got me thru till I got a new one.
I've posted two different times for people that I am currently running Kyosho shafts. Just have to be careful on shaft stroke spacing, it will bottom out into the shock cap.
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #7542
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho shock caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyD View Post
I ran into this issue, I bought some Kyosho shafts put some long shock eyelets on there with either Kyosho or slash spring cups. Just be careful, if you don't space and limit the shaft right it will bottom out into the shock cap. I did it to get myself through the night but have since just left it that way.
I managed to find this old post but I am not sure there is enough info to work with. I assume that all Kyosho shafts are not all the same so a part number or model would be helpful. Also would be good to know what eyelets were used. Was this for the front and/or rear?
jjl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #7543
ISH
Tech Adept
 
ISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: So Cal
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
Xray is a good buggy but the parts are crazy expensive.
+1
ISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #7544
Tech Adept
 
Grigz's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I don't see what the problem is with part support? Either buy spares, 2 of your main breakages or just simply quit crashing Parts are going to go in and out of stock places. Ebay works wonders on parts.
Grigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #7545
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl1 View Post
I managed to find this old post but I am not sure there is enough info to work with. I assume that all Kyosho shafts are not all the same so a part number or model would be helpful. Also would be good to know what eyelets were used. Was this for the front and/or rear?
Kyow5184 42mm. I'm not sure what all info you needed though? well you would be assuming correctly, that's why you should measure your remaining good front shock shaft and then choose any brand that uses a 3mm shock shaft with a length as close as possible to the one you need, I just happened to use Kyosho since I run an rb6 I could always recycle the shafts onto that. You're going to need to run 2.5mm internal limiters and no more than 24mm shock stroke. Don't know the part number but it's the traxxas slash spring cups.
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net