R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 02-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #7516
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Your right, the buggy is the bomb and I love the fact that you can get setups from tessman himself - but what does it matter if it's chilling on my shelf due to lack of parts support.
Boostgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #7517
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those of you frustrated with the D413 parts supply issues keep mentioned considering going with XRay instead. I am just wondering why you don't have 22-4 or B44.3s on your list too? Why just HB or XRay? I am buggy shopping and researching my brains out, this is an honest question, not baiting for a debate.

Other than parts issues, this HB seems like a hell of a car. It looks like parts supply make this not the one though.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #7518
ISH
Tech Adept

it sucks to hear that all of you are having problems with parts. i have not encountered this issue. i order all my stuff from Amain and usually buy 2 or something if i break it. that being said this buggy is beyond durable. while i agree that the aftermarket support is lacking after more than a year of the buggy being on the market. things are starting to come out. exotek has a few thing out for it. all be it they are not performance enhancing.
ISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:02 AM   #7519
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as far as the parts support issue. Lets put it this way. I PROMISE you, you will bend a front shock shaft. And its kind of like insurance, it rarely happens, but when it does and you dont have the part, you will have a problem. Good luck because right now, guess what, amain is out of the front shafts. Has been for a while. And other stores are out as well. So then, you simple just cant run the car anymore. and that sucks.
Anupam Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:30 AM   #7520
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
Those of you frustrated with the D413 parts supply issues keep mentioned considering going with XRay instead. I am just wondering why you don't have 22-4 or B44.3s on your list too? Why just HB or XRay? I am buggy shopping and researching my brains out, this is an honest question, not baiting for a debate.

Other than parts issues, this HB seems like a hell of a car. It looks like parts supply make this not the one though.
At a guess I'd say a lot of people went for the D413 due to its strength and gear diffs, the XRAY is probably the closest thing for strength to it. With the option for the centre diff that people like.

The B44.3 isn't perceived to be as strong as either.

The 22-4 doesn't have the gear diffs & can be a proper handful on high grip tracks.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:49 AM   #7521
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
At a guess I'd say a lot of people went for the D413 due to its strength and gear diffs, the XRAY is probably the closest thing for strength to it. With the option for the centre diff that people like.

The 22-4 doesn't have the gear diffs & can be a proper handful on high grip tracks.
I know people who had 22-4 they all got rid of them break easy nightmare to work on. 44.3 you buy the kit then need to drop another hundred on it so it doesn't break.
turtle189mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:41 AM   #7522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam Das View Post
as far as the parts support issue. Lets put it this way. I PROMISE you, you will bend a front shock shaft. And its kind of like insurance, it rarely happens, but when it does and you dont have the part, you will have a problem. Good luck because right now, guess what, amain is out of the front shafts. Has been for a while. And other stores are out as well. So then, you simple just cant run the car anymore. and that sucks.
If AMain doesn't have it then we're all screwed!! Apparently the Google search engine only works on select devices because I found 3 in the US without effort.

Does it seem to be mostly carpet guys having breakage issues with shafts, towers and mounts? I broke and Ackerman bar and rear outer ball cup...that's it. I'm an average club racer at best.

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!

Last edited by Yeti AS3; 02-07-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:06 AM   #7523
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189mt View Post
I know people who had 22-4 they all got rid of them break easy nightmare to work on. 44.3 you buy the kit then need to drop another hundred on it so it doesn't break.
I've recently got tid of my 22-4 & gone back to my 2013 XB4, partly because the TLR is a pain to work on, mostly due to the ball diffs being pants, causing the car not to work very well on high grip Astro tracks.

I like the look of the D413, but want a cheaper year then last year, so no new cars for me this year
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #7524
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Myall View Post

Thank you guys for the responses, and that all makes sense. My pickle is that my LHS caters mainly to AE and TLR for parts support. I currently run TRF cars with zero local parts and as much as I love the cars, I am tired of having to spend $500 on spare parts that I always have to carry with me. I guess if I want a decent wheeler, I may just have to deal with buying spares and go with it. I will look closer into XRay.

Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #7525
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
If AMain doesn't have it then we're all screwed!! Apparently the Google search engine ony works on select devices because I found 3 in the US without effort.

Does it seem to be mostly carpet guys having breakage issues with shafts, towers and mounts? I broke and Ackerman bar and rear outer ball cup...that's it. I'm an average club racer at best.
I do have to agree...it was pretty easy

The first link in google had them...tech tip..ebay.

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #7526
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
My LHS has had them on back order for awhile, they are holding one for me.
Had mine on order since beginning of January right after everyone was sold out. Do you know when your lhs put them on order?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #7527
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189mt View Post
Had mine on order since beginning of January right after everyone was sold out. Do you know when your lhs put them on order?
I have no idea when they ordered, they just called me and said they'd have it by Wednesday
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #7528
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
I have no idea when they ordered, they just called me and said they'd have it by Wednesday
Fingers crossed mine to getting bored. Plus the gf is annoying me lol
Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #7529
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzchop

Those that are running b5 ends what did u do for the rear on the hub
Fuzzchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #7530
ISH
Tech Adept

Quote: