R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 10-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #691
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Seriously? How on earth is Brushless Hobbies the best bang for the buck when you can buy the exact same ESC from HobbyKing for half the price?

And motors from SMC for $20 less?

But on to positives, when I get my D413 a Viper VTX10r will go into it probably with a SMC motor, not sure of how many turns, I'm starting to think that the theory of going with going with something like 10.5-8.5 might be beneficial to my driving. Servo will be a XP DS1015.
They must have raised their price. Let's just say that anything HobbyKing-ish is generally pretty good bang for the buck.
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #692
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those SMC motors look just like the Hobbyking Trackstar motors. Or Reedy Sonic motors. Trackstar motors are like $30. I run the Trackstar 7.5 in my Dex410 with HK xcar 60 amp esc and it is an awesome combo. Cheap too,esc is like $30.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #693
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzler View Post
The D812 IS an updated D8. It says right on their website "Based on the D8 platform,the D812 improves the D8 in every way". So a Losi 3.0 isn't an updated 2.0? An MBX7 isn't an updated MBX6? Companies are always trying to improve on a current chassis rather than completely redesign it. I'm sure a couple years after the D413 is out they will "update" it also and call it something else. Hotbodies is usually pretty slow about updating their cars though. Not like Losi where there is a 2.0 or 3.0 coming out every year or so.
If you really feel that way try posting your comments on the d812 thread and see what kind of reaction you will get. Best to deal with it and simply let it go. No one is perfect and don't have to pretend to always be right. It doesn't make them any more or less then who they are. Forums are for learning and helping. I learned after going to war on a xray forum. Am I deep or what!?
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #694
Tech Initiate

I had the chance to check out a few D413's racing this weekend at the FEMCA race in Taiwan. I must say I'm very impressed with this car. For such a new car it looked very dialed and easy to drive fast.
You can check out Asia RC for story and videos of the races. Use Chrome since it will auto translate.
I also had a chance to talk to Torrance and shared a few moments with his team and Hara. All of them very nice guys. We talked about his setup and the car and how durable it really is.

A funny thing happened during the second leg of the A main. Torrance qualified 6th and another D413 qualified 7th. Turn one was a sharp left after a long straight. Torrance came in a little hot and spun 180 degrees. Just then his teammate rams him head on (think two male rams fighting) spinning him right back around and they both continue on as if nothing happened.

Being an 1/8 scale guy I have a deep hatred of ball diffs and slippers. I'll be getting one of these when they're released. Figuring out how to get one in Taiwan will be the challenge. (even though they are made here)
dwgcooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #695
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgcooks View Post
I had the chance to check out a few D413's racing this weekend at the FEMCA race in Taiwan. I must say I'm very impressed with this car. For such a new car it looked very dialed and easy to drive fast.
You can check out Asia RC for story and videos of the races. Use Chrome since it will auto translate.
I also had a chance to talk to Torrance and shared a few moments with his team and Hara. All of them very nice guys. We talked about his setup and the car and how durable it really is.

A funny thing happened during the second leg of the A main. Torrance qualified 6th and another D413 qualified 7th. Turn one was a sharp left after a long straight. Torrance came in a little hot and spun 180 degrees. Just then his teammate rams him head on (think two male rams fighting) spinning him right back around and they both continue on as if nothing happened.

Being an 1/8 scale guy I have a deep hatred of ball diffs and slippers. I'll be getting one of these when they're released. Figuring out how to get one in Taiwan will be the challenge. (even though they are made here)
They're made their, ok here's what you do. Get your self a girl friend that works in the factory, preferably in the office (if your married don't mention this) she can hook you up maybe before the real release date. Brilliant don't you think? I do see some possibilities of some minor problems. You know like divorce and things like that. Just depends on how bad you want one! Hehe(insert evil laugh)
Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #696
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wish we had a release date on this.. I check tower twice a week for preorder lol
jason248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason248 View Post
Wish we had a release date on this.. I check tower twice a week for preorder lol
I check Tower and Amain.
Chris Gierse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #698
Tech Initiate

I also want the release day
ralphli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzler View Post
Those SMC motors look just like the Hobbyking Trackstar motors. Or Reedy Sonic motors. Trackstar motors are like $30. I run the Trackstar 7.5 in my Dex410 with HK xcar 60 amp esc and it is an awesome combo. Cheap too,esc is like $30.
Actually they are nothing like the Trackstar motors. I have both. The SMC motors are actually made by Dual Sky.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #700
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spdrac430 Send a message via Yahoo to spdrac430

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/112723 whats with the HB tires on the buggy looks like there is a new design

Trick Graphics
Heart of a Hustler Racing Team
spdrac430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #701
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrac430 View Post
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/112723 whats with the HB tires on the buggy looks like there is a new design
Look like regular old Fulslots/Beams to me. Awesome tires btw.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #702
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to spdrac430 Send a message via Yahoo to spdrac430

those are not beams go to there site and see the beams

Trick Graphics
Heart of a Hustler Racing Team
spdrac430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #703
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

You're right.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgcooks View Post
Being an 1/8 scale guy I have a deep hatred of ball diffs and slippers.
I'll never understand why people dislike ball diffs and slippers. I've found that usually people who feel that way simy don't know how to get them setup correctly and therefore experience nothing but issues.

Once you learn how to build and set them just right, a ball diff is superb. Gear diffs are about as nice but lack on the fly adjustability so you have to tear them down in order to change viscocity to affect setup and performance. They've gotten easier to work on but ball diffs own when it comes to adjustability and the ease of doing so.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM

Last edited by the incubus; 10-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #705
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
I'll never understand why people dislike ball diffs and slippers. I've found that usually people who feel that way simy don't know how to get them setup correctly and therefore experience nothing but issues.

Once you learn how to build and set them just right, a ball diff is superb. Gear diffs are about as nice but lack on the fly adjustability so you have to tear them down in order to change viscocity to affect setup and performance. They've gotten easier to work on but ball diffs own when it comes to adjustability and the ease of doing so.
I don't like having to rebuild the ball diffs to keep them "fresh". It's a lot of work to build them properly with break in and all, and they just don't last me that long. In my case, I can keep 2 gear diffs with different weight fluids on hand for the price of 1 ball diff, and I can reverse it in the car and get more life from the outdrives. No doubt that it's easier to do a quick adjust to a ball diff, but I don't have to adjust my diff so often that I see any benefit from that feature.
ufoDziner is offline   Reply With Quote