Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 12-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #6751
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok i have some christmas money so thats why i want to try a new chassis. i was leaning toward the schelle chassis also. im thinking the longer chassis would make it a bit more stable? im not positive what the effects of having a longer chassis are?
The longer chassis will add stability. The only issue I can see you having is that you will have to do some testing with it, as the setup you are using possibly may not work 100% with a chassis it (setup) wasn't using. We have about a dozen D413's at our track, and everyone of them is setup differently. The fastest drivers car here is not one that I can drive, he likes it extremely aggressive, and I could never be consistent with it.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #6752
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok i have some christmas money so thats why i want to try a new chassis. i was leaning toward the schelle chassis also. im thinking the longer chassis would make it a bit more stable? im not positive what the effects of having a longer chassis are?
You said your car was a lot better with the Reedy setup. How well did you do in the race? Where did you finish?
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #6753
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
You said your car was a lot better with the Reedy setup. How well did you do in the race? Where did you finish?
hello the car handled much better with this setup ended up in like 3rd racing with people that have been racing for awhile. i just got back into racing recently but am making alot of progress with this car. i would recommend this setup for sure
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #6754
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone else have issues getting the servo saver seated all the way?? I couldn't get mine but half way on before it stopped. I took it off and put the hb horn on it. Nervous to run with out a servo saver. But I know guys are doing it
CarFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #6755
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On my d413 Every time I tight up the shock cap or bottom cap where the rings go the shock shaft become tight like lots of friction it's kinda hard to pull up and down anyone ?
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #6756
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
On my d413 Every time I tight up the shock cap or bottom cap where the rings go the shock shaft become tight like lots of friction it's kinda hard to pull up and down anyone ?
Is it friction or air?
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #6757
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Is it friction or air?
Friction
Old 12-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #6758
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Friction
Do you have the white inserts installed in the correct direction in the cartridge? Not an issue to leave cartridge cap loosened.

Remove the piston see if that frees things up....if so, install piston while in the bottom of the cylinder. ***Maybe flashing on piston?
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #6759
Tech Addict

Quote:
Do you have the white inserts installed in the correct direction in the cartridge? Not an issue to leave cartridge cap loosened.

Remove the piston see if that frees things up....if so, install piston while in the bottom of the cylinder. ***Maybe flashing on piston?
I put like 10 packs on it yesterday at the track I didn't notice the caps were loose till I got home so pretty much I was running it on loose caps one almost came off maybe one pack more it would of came loose

Last edited by ProfessorX; 12-28-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: One front shock we talking about rear are ok :)
Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #6760
Tech Regular

Quote:
No upgrades are needed. If I wanted to spend fun $, I'd get aluminum chasis.
hey uncle i ordered that extended chassis im hoping it will make the car more stable. do u think that its gona change my setup being longer?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #6761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the Schelle chassis. I think it definitely makes the car easier to drive. The biggest change you'll see right away is that the car will not have as much steering. If you're car has too much steering initially, then you probably wont have to change much. My car needs a little more steering, so I am going to try the #3 akerman plates.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #6762
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Drive line noise!

I just had the front and rear gearbox cases apart and moved the shim to the other side of the ring gear (more clearance). I greased the gear teeth with red grease and reassembled. Right angle drives are fine. With the pinion off it rolls free and smooth. With the pinion on it sounds like a coffee grinder. I tried a different pinion, no difference. I tried a diffrent spur gear, still no difference. I've tried the gear mesh tight, I've tried the gear mesh loose.

No matter what I do, it still sounds like a coffee grinder!

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Fastforward; 12-28-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #6763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

sorry, I miss read your post
nv529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #6764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
Drive line noise!

I just had the front and rear gearbox cases apart and moved the shim to the other side of the ring gear (more clearance). I greased the gear teeth with red grease and reassembled. Right angle drives are fine. With the pinion off it rolls free and smooth. Withe the pinion on it sounds like a coffee grinder. I tried a different pinion, no difference. I tried a diffrent spur gear, still no difference. I've tried the gear mesh tight, I've tried the gear mesh loose.

No matter what I do, it still sounds like a coffee grinder!

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Are you using a aluminum pinion? I'm running harden steel TLR pinions. My buggy is quiet.
nv529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #6765
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
I like the Schelle chassis. I think it definitely makes the car easier to drive. The biggest change you'll see right away is that the car will not have as much steering. If you're car has too much steering initially, then you probably wont have to change much. My car needs a little more steering, so I am going to try the #3 akerman plates.
thanks stealth i was hoping to hear from someone it makes the car easier to drive. hoping to hear from others who have this schelle chassis also.