R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #6736
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Close to the Reedy, I started there, and have been changing things to suit my track and my driving. Avid or Schelle make a good bearing kit for the car, both have nice websites as well. Dont need a lot of parts for this car, I keep a spur gear and few odds and end, but nothing like any 4wd I have ever owned before.
ok cool thank you very much im gona order a set of bearings now. im just trying to find ways if there is anything that makes that setup better in any way at all
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #6737
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Purchase a good set of bearings for the car, the kit bearings are not too good, not too good at all..
Tried ceramics, took them out right away. I found the kit bearings to be exceptionally GOOD.

Guys are really liking the Nationals setup.....
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #6738
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok cool thank you very much im gona order a set of bearings now. im just trying to find ways if there is anything that makes that setup better in any way at all
Best way is to go drive it and test your personal changes. Need to remember that a setup from another driver rarely is the best setup for you, or your track (unless you drove at Reedy).
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #6739
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Tried ceramics, took them out right away. I found the kit bearings to be exceptionally GOOD.

Guys are really liking the Nationals setup.....
ok cool thanks uncle ur the best man i dont know what i would do without u man. what are u running now have u made any changes? u gona try the nationals setup? wondering if i should order any upgrades for the car to better it in any way
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #6740
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Tried ceramics, took them out right away. I found the kit bearings to be exceptionally GOOD.

Guys are really liking the Nationals setup.....
I wouldn't recommend ceramics for dirt for (maybe in the diff cases). 4wd cars are hard on bearings, but keep an eye on your hub bearings, especially the inner 10x15x4, its probably going out as we speak..lol
Glad you like them though, I would have replaced mine during the build had I known..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #6741
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

should i get that schelle stretched chassis im wondering if the chassis being longer it would make the car easier to drive? any thoughts before i order one?
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #6742
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=flame56mx;13745179]I wouldn't recommend ceramics for dirt for (maybe in the diff cases). 4wd cars are hard on bearings, but keep an eye on your hub bearings, especially the inner 10x15x4, its probably going out as we speak..lol
Glad you like them though, I would have replaced mine during the build had I known..[/QU

Last edited by DIRT DIGGER; 12-28-2014 at 07:23 AM.
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #6743
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok cool thanks uncle ur the best man i dont know what i would do without u man. what are u running now have u made any changes? u gona try the nationals setup? wondering if i should order any upgrades for the car to better it in any way
I'm on reedy 100%. I'll be on that for at least another month.

I'll have to test nats setup at that point.
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #6744
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
I'm on reedy 100%. I'll be on that for at least another month.

I'll have to test nats setup at that point.
ok should i get that schelle extended chassis? im wondering if it will help car be more stable and make car easier to driver being longer?
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #6745
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok should i get that schelle extended chassis? im wondering if it will help car be more stable and make car easier to driver being longer?
No upgrades are needed. If I wanted to spend fun $, I'd get aluminum chasis.
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #6746
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
No upgrades are needed. If I wanted to spend fun $, I'd get aluminum chasis.
ok but what makes aluminum chassis better what would be the difference between the two? im just curious
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #6747
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
ok but what makes aluminum chassis better what would be the difference between the two? im just curious
From what I have heard and read, the aluminum chassis works good on high bite as designed. The carbon Schelle chassis is basically a longer version of the kit chassis. Which seems to me is a better option part. Asking questions from other members here is good to do, but you are still going to have to decide if this advice will pertain to you, your driving style and your local track, unless of course they run where you do. Its sorta like asking which tire is best..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #6748
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
From what I have heard and read, the aluminum chassis works good on high bite as designed. The carbon Schelle chassis is basically a longer version of the kit chassis. Which seems to me is a better option part. Asking questions from other members here is good to do, but you are still going to have to decide if this advice will pertain to you, your driving style and your local track, unless of course they run where you do. Its sorta like asking which tire is best..
yes i understand that and thanks for the replies. question tho i run on a med bite bite damp clay indoor tight track if u were me what chassis would u get out of the two? thanks again
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #6749
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
yes i understand that and thanks for the replies. question tho i run on a med bite bite damp clay indoor tight track if u were me what chassis would u get out of the two? thanks again
I have yet to see a car with either chassis, so with just the opinions of the others who have them/used them the Schelle chassis seems more apt to work in your situation. If I had the $ burning a whole in my pocket I would go in that direction with track conditions like yours..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #6750
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
I have yet to see a car with either chassis, so with just the opinions of the others who have them/used them the Schelle chassis seems more apt to work in your situation. If I had the $ burning a whole in my pocket I would go in that direction with track conditions like yours..
ok i have some christmas money so thats why i want to try a new chassis. i was leaning toward the schelle chassis also. im thinking the longer chassis would make it a bit more stable? im not positive what the effects of having a longer chassis are?
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net