Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 12-21-2014, 07:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

I have had a lot of requests for a setup for slicks on Ozite, high grip. I don't know how high the grip on my carpet is compared to others around the world but this is the setup we have come up with. It's easy to drive and it's very stable.

http://www.tytessman.com/setups/pdf/...arpet-d413.pdf

Also the Gunsmoke setup is fixed on my site now, all the information is there.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

thanks Ty
Old 12-22-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TYTESSMANN
I have had a lot of requests for a setup for slicks on Ozite, high grip. I don't know how high the grip on my carpet is compared to others around the world but this is the setup we have come up with. It's easy to drive and it's very stable.

Thanks Ty! Very close to the setup I run with slicks on carpet. The only thing missing in the setup is the rear lower shock mount position.

Do you always use the standard (B) rear shock tower?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TYTESSMANN

Ty, how does the Avid chassis work on medium and low/medium bite tracks compared to the stock chassis. Also, have you done any testing with the Schelle +4 chassis yet? Thanks
Old 12-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry about that, the rear lower shock mount position is the inner hole on the arm, whenever we raise the rear hub we use the "c" shock tower, if you don't the droop and the up travel aren't right. The "c" shock tower was made specifically for using the hub in the up position (lower hole). I will get the setup sheet updated with this info.

As far as the Avid chassis goes it keeps the chassis from rolling (keeps the chassis flatter), I know people have talked on here about the extra weight but we have tested by adding weight to the stock carbon chassis and it's definitely not the weight it is the stiffness. For me it makes the car more stable and generates less grip, I would use it on high grip tracks only.
I've never used the Schelle chassis.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So when looking at the Reedy race setup sheet for example, the rear hubs are in the up position (lower hole), shock is in the inner hole, but no mention of using the C shock tower....in which case the droop and up travel would be off then?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
I'm pretty sure the the alum caps are at HPI/Hot Bodies right now........As far as i know, Hobbico hasnt placed an order for these caps yet. The fact is we need to pressure Hobbico/Great Planes to order them.

HPI cant force the distributors to place orders......this situation is a real bummer and is one of the major downsides of having exclusive contract with a major distributor.
So I emailed Hobbico to try and get to the bottom of this. It specifically says that I should not copy and paste their response, so I will paraphrase:
Basically, they have that part number in their system, but there is no expected arrival date. Once there is a date then we will see it entered into Tower's system.

Doesn't really clarify things. It seems like we are still stuck somewhere between HPI and Hobbico.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
So when looking at the Reedy race setup sheet for example, the rear hubs are in the up position (lower hole), shock is in the inner hole, but no mention of using the C shock tower....in which case the droop and up travel would be off then?
Reedy setup is $ with B tower (stock), can't wait to try it with the C tower.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It may take some time to get them in, but I appreciate the great customer service email from Tower Hobbies today and they now have the Hot Bodies D413 Aluminum Shock Caps listed for backorder: HB part #114112; Tower item #LXEYVD
Old 12-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

uncle everett, I found TY's ROAR Nats setup at SpaceCoast to be even better than the Reedy. Made the car more agressive and had more steering. (good for tight tracks like the one I race at). The Reedy setup was easier to drive. When I was running the reedy setup, I was in the A. When I ran the nats setup, I started winning the A. Check out the differences in his setup between the two and you can see some of the changes like flattening out the kickup in the front, removing the bumpsteer shims, adding coppter swaybars in front...etc

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...coa2014081914/
Old 12-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

has anyone tried running the carbon arm inserts (F/R) or R only or F only.?
How does this compare to the stock plastic inserts. What does it do to the car other than make it look extra dialed?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

anyone know what brand shock oil ty is using on his setups?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
anyone know what brand shock oil ty is using on his setups?
Losi. It's written on his setup sheets.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anupam Das
uncle everett, I found TY's ROAR Nats setup at SpaceCoast to be even better than the Reedy. Made the car more agressive and had more steering. (good for tight tracks like the one I race at). The Reedy setup was easier to drive. When I was running the reedy setup, I was in the A. When I ran the nats setup, I started winning the A. Check out the differences in his setup between the two and you can see some of the changes like flattening out the kickup in the front, removing the bumpsteer shims, adding coppter swaybars in front...etc

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...coa2014081914/
I can hardly wait!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.