Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also using 24t with lrp 6.5. oops, just looked, using 23t

Last edited by Sofa King; 11-19-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: mistaken
Sofa King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #6155
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just an FYI for those who are looking at the D413 as compared to other cars strictly from a price standpoint. Just out of curiosity I tallied a total of what extra items I'd like to have if I included aftermarket parts. Which generally means

1. associated shock caps / retainers
2. Avid Aluminum chassis
3. afrermarket no-slop steering rack.
4. Proline body

When you total it up + cost of the kit, you are approaching some of the "high dollar" cars such as the Kyosho RB6..etc. It kind of evens out the playing field at that point from a cost standpoint. So you know.

Im not sure what my point is other than I was hoping this car would save me a few bucks here and there. And to be fair, I think the car handles fine without all that stuff. I just feel like the after market stuff is there for a reason and sometimes you feel compelled to try it as a result. That said, I am going to try as hard as I can to keep the car bone stock (other than setup stuff like springs/pistons) and see if I can get to the top of the A at my club. So far, the car is about a half a second off pace from the fast guys
Anupam Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #6156
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam Das View Post
Just an FYI for those who are looking at the D413 as compared to other cars strictly from a price standpoint. Just out of curiosity I tallied a total of what extra items I'd like to have if I included aftermarket parts. Which generally means

2. Avid Aluminum chassis
4. Proline body

When you total it up + cost of the kit, you are approaching some of the "high dollar" cars such as the Kyosho RB6..etc. It kind of evens out the playing field at that point from a cost standpoint. So you know.

Im not sure what my point is other than I was hoping this car would save me a few bucks here and there. And to be fair, I think the car handles fine without all that stuff. I just feel like the after market stuff is there for a reason and sometimes you feel compelled to try it as a result. That said, I am going to try as hard as I can to keep the car bone stock (other than setup stuff like springs/pistons) and see if I can get to the top of the A at my club. So far, the car is about a half a second off pace from the fast guys
lol, I save a ton of money by not breaking. This car is a "beast" of durability. Plus, the front end does not dig in an lawn dart as much as other models. I have seen other wheelers literally get stuck on the track.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:54 AM   #6157
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default NOT AN RCSHOX PLUG!!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam Das View Post

2. Avid Aluminum chassis
4. Proline body

I have found the car to be very sensitive to dif fluids and ride height. I also did not care for the sway bars unless of course you are on very high bite or carpet.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #6158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Confession

I am going to try the D413 FOR THE FIRST TIME Friday. I took the day off from work to attend a race at Beach Hobbies (Myrtle Beach SC) for the opening of their new indoor track. It's a little over 3 hours drive, but I will be leaving early Friday to get a full day of practice in (10A-8P) and then race on Saturday.

TBH I have enjoyed running my 22-4 so much thus far that I haven't made it a priority to try the HB wheeler yet.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #6159
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Sooo I'm a TLR guys, probably not going to change but I drove my buddies car the other day after he built it. Honesty, this car could have been the easiest wheeler that I have driven on our track. I can drive my 22-4 but there is no doubt that I could drive the 413 just as fast and had more fun. Maybe if I find the right deal I'll put one of these in the stable one day. Just wanted everyone to hear my opinion because I'm pushy like that. LOL
Laker67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #6160
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I have found the car to be very sensitive to dif fluids and ride height. I also did not care for the sway bars unless of course you are on very high bite or carpet.
it took me about 5 minutes of laps on our outdoor tracks marcus to pull the front sway bar off. still running medium rear. but I think im about to go to light one rear.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #6161
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, I save a ton of money by not breaking. This car is a "beast" of durability. Plus, the front end does not dig in an lawn dart as much as other models. I have seen other wheelers literally get stuck on the track.
+1 you can spend more money on setup on this car since you are seldom shelling out mount for spares it seems. I mostly have to watch out for the occasional screw trying to back out.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #6162
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
+1 you can spend more money on setup on this car since you are seldom shelling out mount for spares it seems. I mostly have to watch out for the occasional screw trying to back out.
Just loctite metal to metal. I tore the car down this weekend to redo my diffs and put the alum chassis on. I had several loose screws that where hidden with my chassis protector. I just redid the locktite. These days I find chassis protector to be extremely annoying. The kit chassis is like $129, so i wanted to protect it. But the avid is only $55. I would probably spend that on chassis protectors in a year. On the up side, the screw cant call out with the protector, lol. but then it makes it a pain to re-tighten them more often.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #6163
Tech Master

yeah I locktite metal to metal. its mostly the plastic bits that like to back out like on the bottom of shocks. its rare though.

I did however have a screw come out of one of the steering post and I lost the metal spacer there. I know everyone recommends med strength thread lock but I like using purple(low strength) on my 1/10 stuff so I don't strip hexes but I went back with medium there just in case.

on another note. im loving the sworkz wing.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #6164
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
yeah I locktite metal to metal. its mostly the plastic bits that like to back out like on the bottom of shocks. its rare though.

I did however have a screw come out of one of the steering post and I lost the metal spacer there. I know everyone recommends med strength thread lock but I like using purple(low strength) on my 1/10 stuff so I don't strip hexes but I went back with medium there just in case.

on another note. im loving the sworkz wing.
Yeah, one of the things I do dislike about this car is working on it. The orange washers on top of the steering posts like to fall on the floor when I am working on it. I spend more time on the floor with a flashlight looking for washers. For the lower shock mounts, I used a slightly longer screw to give it more bite.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #6165
Tech Master

lol at us discussing our "issues" with this car. its about a washer or a screw backing out. kinda funny to only have these trivial things with a wheeler.