R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #5386
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is looking for a kit, Tower is still showing in stock right now. With the $40 off $400 coupon on their front page you can get one for $389.
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #5387
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

quick question: I'm going to grab one in the next couple of days... have the shock issues been dealt with? also has the stripping of the center diff been fixed as well?
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #5388
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 282
Default

I haven't stripped a spur gear. I think most of that was user error. I still use the stock sock caps, if I have a problem I will just put a new one on until the metal ones come out.
slasn_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #5389
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasn_48 View Post
I haven't stripped a spur gear. I think most of that was user error. I still use the stock sock caps, if I have a problem I will just put a new one on until the metal ones come out.
thanks for the heads up!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #5390
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
quick question: I'm going to grab one in the next couple of days... have the shock issues been dealt with? also has the stripping of the center diff been fixed as well?
I have not stripped mine yet. And I have not been gentle either. My spur gear does appear to be slightly out of round, so check you mesh all the way around and do set it for the one high spot. or on the low spot, you will rip out teeth.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #5391
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I have not stripped mine yet. And I have not been gentle either. My spur gear does appear to be slightly out of round, so check you mesh all the way around and do set it for the one high spot. or on the low spot, you will rip out teeth.
Thank you sir...... any update on improved shock caps?
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #5392
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

and make sure you replace the two botton head screws that hold the clamp down on the cam with cap head screws and thread lock so you can put more torque on them to ensure you wont let the motor work loose and strip a spur. .

and while your doing that. go head and replace the four screws on the top plate in the center with socket head screws. a little bit of extra insurance.
__________________
4wd bug-D413, 2wd ST-DEST210R, Blinky bug-22 2.0
Etrug-Tekno ET48.3 4wd SC-SCT410
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #5393
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,818
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys... I just spent the last few days in reading all the way up to page 120. Finally frustrated with only talk of the buggy, I thought I would just ask how the general like or dislike is for the D413?

I've never raced a 1/10th 4wd buggy and have been doing some searching around and this one seems to be it!! Though I did read that is tough work on, is there truth to that? I'm debating between this one and the 44.3. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M & B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #5394
Tech Addict
 
Bburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Masury Ohio
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Hey guys... I just spent the last few days in reading all the way up to page 120. Finally frustrated with only talk of the buggy, I thought I would just ask how the general like or dislike is for the D413?

I've never raced a 1/10th 4wd buggy and have been doing some searching around and this one seems to be it!! Though I did read that is tough work on, is there truth to that? I'm debating between this one and the 44.3. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I absolutely love this car. Really easy and stable to drive. I don't think its hard to work on. I definitely don't regret it.
__________________
Mugen Seiki racing - Austintown Hobby Shop
Bburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #5395
Tech Master
 
sugelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 1,124
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
If anyone is looking for a kit, Tower is still showing in stock right now. With the $40 off $400 coupon on their front page you can get one for $389.
+1....mine is on the way
__________________
Joe E
SMAC Trac/Dirtburners/Paint by:Snocamel Racing/VP Powermaster Fuel
MP9 TKI3:OS Speed/OS2090/KO RSx servos
ST RR Evo: Ninja BO2/OS 2060/KO RSx servos
sugelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #5396
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Hey guys... I just spent the last few days in reading all the way up to page 120. Finally frustrated with only talk of the buggy, I thought I would just ask how the general like or dislike is for the D413?

I've never raced a 1/10th 4wd buggy and have been doing some searching around and this one seems to be it!! Though I did read that is tough work on, is there truth to that? I'm debating between this one and the 44.3. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I would say the d413 and the b44.3 are about the same level of effort to work on. I have owned the B44.2 and I would never own the b44.3. The d413 is a beast. no looking back for me
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #5397
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,818
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
I absolutely love this car. Really easy and stable to drive. I don't think its hard to work on. I definitely don't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I would say the d413 and the b44.3 are about the same level of effort to work on. I have owned the B44.2 and I would never own the b44.3. The d413 is a beast. no looking back for me
Thanks for the input guys

Do you run saddle or shorty? Im going to be racing at my local indoor off road carpet track. The only electronics I have to put in the buggy is a Tekin rs pro and a hitec 7955tg. I'll probably pick up some SMC batts and just not sure what is better suited for my track...

How's the parts and customer support been? Thanks again!!
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M & B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #5398
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

I dont race carpet so i cant really say. sometimes on really high bite more weight is good, so saddles. I race on high bite indoor and I used shorties.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #5399
Tech Addict
 
Bburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Masury Ohio
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I run smc shorties
__________________
Mugen Seiki racing - Austintown Hobby Shop
Bburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #5400
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,221
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

xray xb4 2015 will release soon. I heard 3 option differential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Thanks for the input guys

Do you run saddle or shorty? Im going to be racing at my local indoor off road carpet track. The only electronics I have to put in the buggy is a Tekin rs pro and a hitec 7955tg. I'll probably pick up some SMC batts and just not sure what is better suited for my track...

How's the parts and customer support been? Thanks again!!
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net