R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #4801
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,695
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

I look at it this way. No car is perfect but hopefully they look at what can be improved on the next run of the car and address the issues. Luckily on this buggy there are very few.
__________________
B6D
B64D
Tekno EB410
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #4802
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
You are assuming I said the car wasn't great. It most definitely is. Most of them are actually.

The B4.2 is great out of the box, BUT being as I owned 2 of them and had enough of the slop, I actually removed 85% of it via cups and studs and am saying, that the car, great as it was to begin with, was even better. No reason why this wouldn't ring true for the 413.
Do you have a D413? I didn't see it in your sig...
__________________
TLR 22 2.0 - TLR 8E 3.0 - HB D413

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #4803
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,993
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
im going to post a pic up soon. I was so pleasantly surprised on how clean the electronics install looked.

I just used CA glue on the contact areas. didn't think It needed epoxy.

have you guys seen anywhere where where the ackerman adjustments are explained(the dots and +/-). its not in the manual.
I am wondering is that is why you broke the hinge pin. By gluing the inserts you took flex out of the arms...and the weak point was moved to the pin. Mine are not glued and I can twist my arms almost 90 deg with ease. She when I clip a pipe, the arm just flexes and the hinge pin does not break. Because I have solidly crashed the crap out of this car.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #4804
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
How on earth can you say you cannot test this? You have a 413 and thus can purchase more precise ball cups and studs as well as the steering mod to remove most of the play in the system. As such you most definitely CAN test and actually see if what I am saying is factually correct. Just because something is performing stellar, that doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon. If so, might as well never upgrade anything on any of your RC cars, so that argument makes no sense.

I too have owned vehicles who's systems are perhaps too accurate in the way of precision (I still have my original Andy's Carbon Composite RC 10 which has the absolute most precise slide rack steering system likely in the history of all RC) and all it took was a few ultra-fine grains of debris to get caught in there and it locked up. Compare it to the 22's sloppy train wreck of a slide rack and it's the complete opposite of the spectrum. The 22 2.0 is a tad better and perhaps the middle ground, but still lacking enough that TLR addressed it via bearing driven bell cranks. This is a prime example of a company addressing an issue that while not detrimental to the performance of the vehicle, did in fact improve performance via the improved consistency.

Lastly, this is not thread Jacking as we are discussing the D413 and potential issues, deficiencies. I guess in the end we will indeed have to agree to disagree.
I don't have a d413 lol but I wish I did... With that said I still love my 22.4
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #4805
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am wondering is that is why you broke the hinge pin. By gluing the inserts you took flex out of the arms...and the weak point was moved to the pin. Mine are not glued and I can twist my arms almost 90 deg with ease. She when I clip a pipe, the arm just flexes and the hinge pin does not break. Because I have solidly crashed the crap out of this car.
My arm covers started to permanently bend out of place so I got new arms and glued the covers into place. I was also worried that they would be too stiff. But I think there is still flex. You can see that they still bend where the hole is for the front sway bar. So far for me, the arm still takes the energy of a crash and has not pushed it to the pins.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't for others but wanted to speak up and say that gluing doesn't necessarily put your hinge pins at complete risk.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #4806
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Red Rock hobbies website went live Saturday afternoon. We have a great selection of D413 parts and options. Shipping most products is $1.95 USPS first class and we have free shipping and 10% off all orders of $100 or more.
Coupon code "grandopening"

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/category-s/2200.htm
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #4807
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,993
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

I plan to glue mine. I run on high bite. I cant have the arms all bendy. I have spare arms if I end up liking the bendy feeling better.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #4808
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,993
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Red Rock hobbies website went live Saturday afternoon. We have a great selection of D413 parts and options. Shipping most products is $1.95 USPS first class and we have free shipping and 10% off all orders of $100 or more.
Coupon code "grandopening"

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/category-s/2200.htm
Red Rock hobbies has baller pricing. Every time I was out of the store I am shocked at how cheap stuff is.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #4809
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am wondering is that is why you broke the hinge pin. By gluing the inserts you took flex out of the arms...and the weak point was moved to the pin. Mine are not glued and I can twist my arms almost 90 deg with ease. She when I clip a pipe, the arm just flexes and the hinge pin does not break. Because I have solidly crashed the crap out of this car.
no i broke a hinge pin cause i was practicing on a big track and a etruggy decided to jump pipe and plow head on. case closed.

i look at it this way. i "only" broke a hinge pin. lol
__________________
17.5 2wd-XB2 17 CE , 2wd mod truck-xt2
4wd SC-SCT410,13.5 4wd -D413

Last edited by trick25; 09-22-2014 at 04:23 PM.
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #4810
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Red Rock hobbies website went live Saturday afternoon. We have a great selection of D413 parts and options. Shipping most products is $1.95 USPS first class and we have free shipping and 10% off all orders of $100 or more.
Coupon code "grandopening"

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/category-s/2200.htm
but no kits
__________________
TLR 22 2.0 - TLR 8E 3.0 - HB D413

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #4811
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

one of mine.

__________________
17.5 2wd-XB2 17 CE , 2wd mod truck-xt2
4wd SC-SCT410,13.5 4wd -D413
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #4812
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,359
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I'll gladly buy someone's kit that isn't happy with it
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #4813
Tech Regular
 
luist99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Posts: 349
Send a message via MSN to luist99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am wondering is that is why you broke the hinge pin. By gluing the inserts you took flex out of the arms...and the weak point was moved to the pin. Mine are not glued and I can twist my arms almost 90 deg with ease. She when I clip a pipe, the arm just flexes and the hinge pin does not break. Because I have solidly crashed the crap out of this car.

I don't think gluing them was the actual cause. Because I broke mines the first time I used the buggy and I don't have anything glued.
luist99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #4814
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I run with no arm covers on medium bite indoor clay and it's great.

Before driving for HB I owned and raced almost every other wheeler out there. I kept coming back to the Schuey K1 because of its overall precision and drivability. After building and driving the D413 I was hooked and have zero regrets. For me the "slop" allows me to go full throttle out of a corner and down straights without getting bent out of shape if I hit a rut or other anomoly in the surface. With the very tight tolerances "precision" in the K1 I had to be a lot more careful as such things would often ruin a lap or race.

Of course being an HB guy I want everyone to buy a D413. Part of me doesn't mind if some folks don't like it for whatever crazy reason because then I don't have to race against you.
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #4815
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,993
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
one of mine.

are you running AE springs? blues front and what in the rear?
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net