Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

after that hit is when I decided im getting one too lol
Old 10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
Well we're back in SoCal after a long week at the Worlds. Ty might be bummed about about not getting the top step of the podium but the entire HPI/HB group are proud of his accomplishment. It's not easy being the sole driver racing against multi-car teams. Any speed that the D413 displayed can be attributed to the hard work that the Tessmanns put in during the months leading up to this race.

As for me the highlight was when Ty K.O'd two cars (accidentally) within a fraction of a second during A2. I had durability in mind while designing the car but I didn't expect it would've survived that!
The D413 looked composed on the track and Ty did great
Let me know when you need additional testing.

In all seriouness you should bring the car to OCRC and get it into peoples hands for a few laps. Serp did that with their new 2wd and generated a flood of interest.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
I'm sure that sealed the deal for more than just me on buying this buggy when it's released. Speaking if that can you give us an ETA or better yet a price to expect?
ETA should be before the year is out, price should be competitive with other similarly equipped buggies in the class. I can't quote exact numbers and dates since I'm not the guy in charge of that area. I don't want to throw my co-workers under the bus by posting wrong info.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well we're back in SoCal after a long week at the Worlds. Ty might be bummed about about not getting the top step of the podium but the entire HPI/HB group are proud of his accomplishment. It's not easy being the sole driver racing against multi-car teams. Any speed that the D413 displayed can be attributed to the hard work that the Tessmanns put in during the months leading up to this race.

As for me the highlight was when Ty K.O'd two cars (accidentally) within a fraction of a second during A2. I had durability in mind while designing the car but I didn't expect it would've survived that!
That made me go re-watch the video! And wow, I did not realize Ty's car hit both of them! Until now I thought Cav and Maifield hit each other! Durability achieved!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Deguzman what size hexes does it use will Kyosho wheels work ?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
The D413 looked composed on the track and Ty did great
Let me know when you need additional testing.

In all seriouness you should bring the car to OCRC and get it into peoples hands for a few laps. Serp did that with their new 2wd and generated a flood of interest.
that can be arranged in the near future. for now though we have a parts shortage.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by evolution03
Deguzman what size hexes does it use will Kyosho wheels work ?
For the rear it has 12mm hexes. It is compatible with all the usual 12mm hex rear wheels (AE, Kyosho, TLR, PL, JC, AKA, etc.)

For the front the kit includes BOTH 12mm and 9.8mm hexes. The included HB wheels uses the 12mm hex. The included 9.8mm hexes are compatible with the TLR-22 2WD buggy front wheels.

That's not a typo - the offset compatibility is with the 2WD TLR-22 front which PL, JC, and AKA have versions of. The usual 4WD fronts from the major wheel companies can be made to fit but the hex fit will be a little tight and the front total track width will end up a little narrow. for some reason the hex on the TLR-22 is 9.8mm and the rest of 4WD wheels are 9.5mm. Why there's a 0.3mm difference between the 2WD and 4WD i don't know. The wheel offsets are different as well but during the design phase I studied all the available wheels and I preferred the TLR-22 offset.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up I'm there!

that can be arranged in the near future. for now though we have a parts shortage.
Just say when and I will be all over that!

That A2 accident was the best advertising for the D413! Like many other guys in the thread, it sealed the deal for me as far as which wheeler I will be buying! Great work on the car!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Let me know in advance if you can (PM me) and I'll be there and will also let others know to come buy in case they were thinking of skipping a weekend. I'm sure many would mark their calendar and try to come down to take a look.

You'll get a good crowd any Saturday, and as I'm sure you know the guys at OCRC are all very chill. You'll get a lot of positive attitude and genuine feedback.

Sunday also gets a big crowd, but as it's a race day that won't give you much time to let people get their hands on the buggy.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Suspended

For the rear it has 12mm hexes. It is compatible with all the usual 12mm hex rear wheels (AE, Kyosho, TLR, PL, JC, AKA, etc.)

For the front the kit includes BOTH 12mm and 9.8mm hexes. The included HB wheels uses the 12mm hex. The included 9.8mm hexes are compatible with the TLR-22 2WD buggy front wheels.

That's not a typo - the offset compatibility is with the 2WD TLR-22 front which PL, JC, and AKA have versions of. The usual 4WD fronts from the major wheel companies can be made to fit but the hex fit will be a little tight and the front total track width will end up a little narrow. for some reason the hex on the TLR-22 is 9.8mm and the rest of 4WD wheels are 9.5mm. Why there's a 0.3mm difference between the 2WD and 4WD i don't know. The wheel offsets are different as well but during the design phase I studied all the available wheels and I preferred the TLR-22 offset.

wheel options and compatibility with another brand? = brilliant
Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Will 4wd front tires fit on TLR 2wd front rims? Seems like they would be too narrow.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
Will 4wd front tires fit on TLR 2wd front rims? Seems like they would be too narrow.
the difference in width is very small. Ty raced with 4WD front tires mounted on 2WD front wheels (PL #2734-04).
Old 10-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

First off, I don't ever use instruction manuals. I mostly depend on natural instincts in building cars and regular daily life. That's how I lost everything in Vegas
Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Was funky looking when the car was upside down and he gassed it, flipping it back over. Must have been sitting just right or ?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I want one! And if HPI/Hotbodies wants to make a 2wd race buggy and stadium truck i'll take one of each of those too.

John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.