R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #4006
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
Default

sometimes freak accidents occur...happens with all brands...i have had 5 associated kits, each one have had something wrong with it or parts missing, that would keep the car from driving...i did get a b5m and everything was in order...but then i heard about a bunch of people who where missing stuff or had parts that was messed up (missing threads, holes too small, warped a-arm)


a thing to consider is these buggies take a beating...it sometimes take a while for the damage to appear...so i may have crashed it hard the week before...but its not until 10 batteries later that the damaged part fails in whats seems to minor crash

i have one shock cap that now pops often...i have never popped them off my self...just wear and tear..but now that it has popped a few times, i think its simply done for...tower has them in stock so no big deal
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #4007
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

At hot rod race, Ty was using the new shock caps. Hopefully they will be out soon. I see he's also using the HB springs.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors:
My Credit Card
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #4008
Tech Fanatic
 
Matt :-)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dover, Tn
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Looks like Tower has the carbon a-arm covers in stock for $49.99

Neither Tower, or HPI's web sites gives a description that I can find. Is this price for all 4 arms ? I sure hope so.
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #4009
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Just curious since this has a similar layout to an Ebuggy, has anyone tried running Ebuggy type diff weights like 5/5/2? Just curious if anyone has attempted it. I'm also looking for a decent starting point for a drier indoor track with medium to high bite. Thanks!
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #4010
Team Tekin
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt :-) View Post
Looks like Tower has the carbon a-arm covers in stock for $49.99

Neither Tower, or HPI's web sites gives a description that I can find. Is this price for all 4 arms ? I sure hope so.
Yes, this is for the full set.
__________________
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #4011
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,291
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Just curious since this has a similar layout to an Ebuggy, has anyone tried running Ebuggy type diff weights like 5/5/2? Just curious if anyone has attempted it. I'm also looking for a decent starting point for a drier indoor track with medium to high bite. Thanks!
These diffs are really small so I don't think it would work well. I went as low as 8 and 4 in my xray but totally different car it has slipper so I think that plays a big role.
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #4012
Tech Master
 
boudin4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Natchitoches, LA
Posts: 1,774
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
sometimes freak accidents occur...happens with all brands...i have had 5 associated kits, each one have had something wrong with it or parts missing, that would keep the car from driving...i did get a b5m and everything was in order...but then i heard about a bunch of people who where missing stuff or had parts that was messed up (missing threads, holes too small, warped a-arm)


a thing to consider is these buggies take a beating...it sometimes take a while for the damage to appear...so i may have crashed it hard the week before...but its not until 10 batteries later that the damaged part fails in whats seems to minor crash

i have one shock cap that now pops often...i have never popped them off my self...just wear and tear..but now that it has popped a few times, i think its simply done for...tower has them in stock so no big deal
true
__________________
Marc Richard
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #4013
Tech Fanatic
 
Matt :-)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dover, Tn
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
Yes, this is for the full set.
thanks
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #4014
Tech Fanatic
 
Matt :-)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dover, Tn
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Just curious since this has a similar layout to an Ebuggy, has anyone tried running Ebuggy type diff weights like 5/5/2? Just curious if anyone has attempted it. I'm also looking for a decent starting point for a drier indoor track with medium to high bite. Thanks!
evolution03 is correct. You especially DO NOT want run 5000 in the center. It would diff out to the front so bad, it be like a front wheel drive only.

Seems like almost everyone is staying around 100,000 in the center.

The manual build suggest 10/100/10, and these weights are provided in the kit.

I started with 7/100/3

Then went to 15/100/3

My local track gets pretty lose. I'm considering going to
15/80/3 to give me more on throttle control in the sweepers.

Of course, these are just examples to possibly help you with a starting point. Every body tends to eventually tailor their car to suit their own driving style & track conditions.

You may find this helpful

http://www.tytessman.com/setups/d413-setups.php
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #4015
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
Default

running 15-80-3....with 100 i saw rear tires wearing out 2-3 times faster than front...with 80k the front is wearing out just a tad slower than rear

alderboy went 20-100-3 i think, which should help out with the front diffing out, i might try that
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #4016
Tech Master
 
ScottyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Regarding shock pistons, I'm unclear how people are mounting other brand pistons (e.g. Losi) since the centre hole in the piston is larger than the HB ones. Surely this does't allow the piston to centre properly. Sure you can clamp it, but it would be hit and miss as to whether it's perfectly centred.

How you guys doing this?
ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #4017
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

20/100/4 actually.
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #4018
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I finally got the carbon fiber arm covers that have been on back order forever, so I thought I would put together a set to try out since I had a new set of arms. NO screws anywhere! I would not expect them to come with the carbon arm covers (even though they cost a fortune for some very small pieces); but I would expect them to come with the arms and covers! All of the other HB kits that use the same type of arm covers come with the screws (Apache, D812). And often times the loss of some of the screws is what leads to an arm having to be replaced... good luck there with no screws included! HB... COME ON!

Rant over... got some screws on order now!
I wanted to mount up a second set of arms with the carbon inserts, so I bought a set of screws. But to make things worst, I did not check the count. The screw package only comes with 10 screws. A pair of arms needs 12. So I need to buy at least two more. Oh well.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #4019
Tech Regular
 
Stevomatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shhhlong Beach, ca
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyP View Post
Regarding shock pistons, I'm unclear how people are mounting other brand pistons (e.g. Losi) since the centre hole in the piston is larger than the HB ones. Surely this does't allow the piston to centre properly. Sure you can clamp it, but it would be hit and miss as to whether it's perfectly centred.

How you guys doing this?
I tried losi pistons too... Wondering the same thing
__________________
Check out the bodies I've painted

Instagram.com/CBS_RC
Stevomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #4020
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Why are folks trying other pistons, not enough HB ones available or folks don't want to drill HB blanks?
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net