R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 08-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #3991
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
not complaining at all! car is awesome! just i think the slop is more on the extreme end!
works though! weird thing happened to me, put it down on the ground and the rear hinge pin threads broke off in the nut! damn! MORE DOWNTIME! I want to run it ONE DAY!
has anybody broke a hingepin at the threads yet?
Marc, let me know where you want me to send a new hinge pin to?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #3992
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default associated shock caps

So I bought the associated shock caps but I am a little confused. What part number is the "standoff" that you use to get it to seat properly? And what type of screw and nut are you guys using to hold it all together? Specific part numbers or links are always appreciated.

davesrctracks.net - a great offroad 1/10th scale track.
Rasheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #3993
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed View Post
So I bought the associated shock caps but I am a little confused. What part number is the "standoff" that you use to get it to seat properly? And what type of screw and nut are you guys using to hold it all together? Specific part numbers or links are always appreciated.
#91445 for standoffs. A button head or cap head screw. Use the M3 nut that holds the stock shock mount
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #3994
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
not complaining at all! car is awesome! just i think the slop is more on the extreme end!
works though! weird thing happened to me, put it down on the ground and the rear hinge pin threads broke off in the nut! damn! MORE DOWNTIME! I want to run it ONE DAY!
has anybody broke a hingepin at the threads yet?
I had my rear hinge pin break at the threads with the piece still in the nut too... Totally my fault though... I torqued it too much and snap... Waiting on the replacement set now

Instagram.com/CBS_RC
Stevomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #3995
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The D413 is my first 10th scale buggy.

So far I've had one practice night. (2 battery packs)

Entered my first club race at my local track last night, snagged 3rd place

Started with the geometry of Ty's OCRC READY RACE set up for a baseline. Tailored shock, diff fluids and tire selection to the surface of my local track.

Really enjoying this car. Thought I seen Deguzman mention on this thread at some point that he planned to do a 2wd in the future. I'd definitely be interested.

I did have one component fail. By the end of the 3rd heat, I had to replace the Parma servo tape. Stuck a fresh peace on, then used the available servo mount holes in the chassis to place a small ball cup on both sides of the esc & zip tie it down for peace of mind. I've never been able to find a servo tape that would last very long.

Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #3996
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mip servo tape and use denatured alcohol or simple green to clean then make sure you get all cleaner residue off with dry towel
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #3997
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution03 View Post
Mip servo tape and use denatured alcohol or simple green to clean then make sure you get all cleaner residue off with dry towel
Hey thanks man ! I didn't know MIP made servo tape. I'll get some. Hope to catch you at Radio Active some time this month. If it doesn't work out, I can mail that spur gear to you if you decide you want it quicker.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #3998
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use shoegoo, it will not come off until you take it off. I've never had an issue with shock to the esc (Tekin's) on many different chassis... most of them goo'd directly to the chassis.
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #3999
Tech Fanatic

Never thought about shoe gooing the esc down before. I normally run Tekin. They have a strong housing/case. Not sure if this Speed Passion case could handle the stress when it's time to remove it. I do like it's performance. Pretty smooth and controlable.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #4000
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Should be fine on any case, just have to get a flat head under it and twist in different locations to work it loose.
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #4001
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
team powers radon 140A + Actinium 6.5 ...fan on both and around 140 on motor, and 110f on esc...take into account its about 90f where i run

hingepins...you know, i have been machining parts in my garage for the last 10 years...and one of the first things i ordered was hinge pins (yes even before spur's ) however i think the design is sound.....as long as the screws holding the hingepin mounts stays in place...if they rattled loose it would put stress on the hinge pins where they are cut down for threads....still you would have to be unlucky...but if the hingepin nuts where not tight enough or over tightened i would put even more stress on a weak spot

sucks that it broke...was anything else loose ? or did it just snap....should be a warranty item
NOTHING else loose, it was a freak break! No biggie, it happens!Just glad it was right in front of me! i wouldve lost all kinds of washers! at least they are orange might be somewhat easier on the track! Car has never been run yet
parts on the way
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #4002
Tech Master

shoe goo your esc down
shoe goo is awesome
i put it just slightly thicker for cushioning on my RX8's
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
Old 08-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #4003
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
Marc, let me know where you want me to send a new hinge pin to?
Thanks! you have PM
Old 08-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #4004
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default OK HB where are the damn screws?!

I finally got the carbon fiber arm covers that have been on back order forever, so I thought I would put together a set to try out since I had a new set of arms. NO screws anywhere! I would not expect them to come with the carbon arm covers (even though they cost a fortune for some very small pieces); but I would expect them to come with the arms and covers! All of the other HB kits that use the same type of arm covers come with the screws (Apache, D812). And often times the loss of some of the screws is what leads to an arm having to be replaced... good luck there with no screws included! HB... COME ON!

Rant over... got some screws on order now!

Last edited by Sofa King; 08-03-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Sofa King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #4005
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up Sofa King.