Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looks like the front end of all my TLR 8th scales, I'm used to the slop
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #3977
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I run Tekno 1/8 and 1/10 awesome cars, just loose enough for zero binding!,
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #3978
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default D413 2wd

Hi, just wondering if anyone tried running the D413 as a 2wd. It should be as good or if not better than the xray xb4 2wd

Some feedback please. AstroTurf, carpet or even clay

Thanks
vadersing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #3979
Tech Master

guys that are discussing slop. the car is engineered to have slop right out of the box, that are the words of the man who engineered the buggy . mr Deguzman.

but what is the problem with slop? is your car not driving good enough?

the slop is not making the buggy drive bad. so it is a non issue. leave it and enjoy your car.

I know some folks are searching this buggy to find something bad on it. but you wil not find anything ;-) hahaha

of all the buggy's being already sold. maybe 10 peeps stripped a spur world wide. and some find the slop to be not normal.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:01 AM   #3980
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
guys that are discussing slop. the car is engineered to have slop right out of the box, that are the words of the man who engineered the buggy . mr Deguzman.

the slop is not making the buggy drive bad. so it is a non issue. leave it and enjoy your car.

I know some folks are searching this buggy to find something bad on it. but you wil not find anything ;-) hahaha

of all the buggy's being already sold. maybe 10 peeps stripped a spur world wide. and some find the slop to be not normal.

Deguzman said that there is more slop then he wanted. slop may not make the car drive very different, but no one likes it. it makes the car look and feel cheap, and it means that things like ball-cups are more likely to pop off cos they don't hold too well on the ball-stud.

10 people striped their spur? ya right. you do know that there are people driving this buggy that are not on the forum right? and that people may have striped it a few times?

So quit the fanboyiesm.
ebay007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #3981
Tech Adept

Smile skrink it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay007 View Post
Deguzman said that there is more slop then he wanted. slop may not make the car drive very different, but no one likes it. it makes the car look and feel cheap, and it means that things like ball-cups are more likely to pop off cos they don't hold too well on the ball-stud.

10 people striped their spur? ya right. you do know that there are people driving this buggy that are not on the forum right? and that people may have striped it a few times?

So quit the fanboyiesm.
Just put it in the oven for 10minutes at 200 degrees and take it out...it should expand with heat and after cool to a tighter tolerance..not enough slop isnt good either....
believe it or not
Aussie RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #3982
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post

I agree with you. I have the impression that some of the guys on here automatically assume something is inferior about the design of the steering components. I admit, during the initial build I had my doubts also. But I decided to go ahead and try driving it first before I just started altering things. I'm glad I made that decision. The car drives like a dream. A friend of mine who has a chassis sponsor with Tekno drove my D413 also. He's been racing Xray for 10th scale buggy. Now he's planning on switching to a D413. I figure if a driver with talent like his likes it that much, how bad can the extra slop really be ?

Replacement parts and tuning option parts are becoming more and more available every day. I'd be willing to bet the after market will have all kinds of stuff for this car by the winter season.

Call me a fan boy if you like. I'm a fan of many products that I have found to be impressive.
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #3983
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I love this car, I just picked up the ZX6 to try out. Even if I'm faster with the Kyosho I think I'm going to keep this car. I have all the necessary spares. Curious to see the gullwing arm design?
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #3984
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Mad props to the guys at Absolute Hobbies. While HPI didn't do a thing for me, they overnighted me with Saturday delivery a new spur gear and diff cup. Still wont make any of the qualifiers, but will be able to run the mains tomorrow at Surf City. Will take the car to LRH Hobbies for some shakedown runs and club racing to get used to it, then it's time to lay it down at OC/RC. Lets hope there are no other build bugga-boos.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #3985
Tech Adept

What thickness oil are people running in their centre diffs?
moch8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #3986
Tech Adept

80K (indoor dirt/clay medium traction), front tires are wearing faster now, but is easier to drive/ more forgiving

all cars develop slop, the only time i really notice it is while its in the air, and i punch the throttle, and the car wiggles in the air due to steering is loose...had one comment that it looked awesome that thing i did in the air LOL i didnt do anything put keep it straight and punch it LOL

my new b5m got quite a bit of slop already, and it has barely seen 15 batteries
my SCTE 2.0 is hella sloppy, but very fast
T4.2 like all 4.2 quite loose

the ball cups between servo and steering rack develop quite a bit slop in the steering, along with the ackerman bar (shim it or sand it.. shimmed it with one 0.3mm shim....alderman used one slightly thicker

ballcups are wear items like tires and so much else...the smaller the cup the worse it is...stock up on ballcups they are fairly cheap
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #3987
Tech Regular

What esc/motor combo do you guys run?
Tigergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #3988
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

not complaining at all! car is awesome! just i think the slop is more on the extreme end!
works though! weird thing happened to me, put it down on the ground and the rear hinge pin threads broke off in the nut! damn! MORE DOWNTIME! I want to run it ONE DAY!
has anybody broke a hingepin at the threads yet?
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #3989
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergutt View Post
What esc/motor combo do you guys run?
Just switched to the Tekin RSX with Gen 2 6.5..... Love it... No fan and esc runs 115 degrees.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #3990
Tech Adept

team powers radon 140A + Actinium 6.5 ...fan on both and around 140 on motor, and 110f on esc...take into account its about 90f where i run

hingepins...you know, i have been machining parts in my garage for the last 10 years...and one of the first things i ordered was hinge pins (yes even before spur's ) however i think the design is sound.....as long as the screws holding the hingepin mounts stays in place...if they rattled loose it would put stress on the hinge pins where they are cut down for threads....still you would have to be unlucky...but if the hingepin nuts where not tight enough or over tightened i would put even more stress on a weak spot

sucks that it broke...was anything else loose ? or did it just snap....should be a warranty item
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote