Tech Adept

yeeehaaaw love the d413

Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #3947
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybeau40 View Post
Having issues with corner speed. I'm very smooth around the track and an A-main regular, but I am losing time on corner speed. I'm used to,rolling the corners on my 2wd mod buggy. How is everyone setting up their corners with the D413? Hitting them with throttle?
Brake before the corner then throttle thru it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
....in other news...tower has finally completed my orders for parts YAY
Me too, YAY!

Quote:
yeeehaaaw love the d413

Bringing home the hardware... nice!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #3948
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
not normal, is it seating correctly or maybe just kind of hung op on some flash mold...is the seal (blue paper) somehow gotten folded or have ripples in it ? lastly are you putting enough torque on the screws, my screws where very tight the first couple of times...so had to apply more torque than i was really comfortable with

your buggy should have come with a credit sized warranty car with info on how to get support
Checked the mold, no flash it's definitely warped. Oil leaks out of the side that doesn't seat flush against the diff cup. Called HPI a new one is on the way (I hope), must have stock for just warranty claims (I hope). Had one DOA car the last month with the DEX410. Hope this doesn't follow.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #3949
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Finally got a new LID on the buggy

The more I drive it, the more I love it.

skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #3950
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

my spur is out of round, HPi/HB contacted and major slop in steering!
sweet car though!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #3951
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
Finally got a new LID on the buggy

The more I drive it, the more I love it.

I hate you lol.... Why did I get a bad spur!??? I've been a good person.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #3952
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default broken front center driveshaft

I got my kit last week, been waiting for ever. I ran it today for the first time on a nice clean indoor carpet track. The track is 80'x48' and today it was setup for road racing so no jumps. About 5 mins into my first run I flipped over and must have been giving it a some throttle and when the tires hit the carpet on of the pins on the front center driveshaft broke ending my day. I ordered some new shafts, just wondering if any body else has had a problem like this. I've been racing rc's for a long time and never had a problem like this. Just curious...
Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #3953
Tech Adept

yeah coming from 2wd over to 4wd is way different....

4wd like's throttle, but it is balance (as with everything else)

this is what i do at norcal which is small, with tight turns at the moment so hitting the race line is everything, slow and tight is faster than fast and wide...people call my driving slow but smooth (i like my buggy to finish the race, and dont have unlimited funds)

check out video to get an understanding of track layout

down the straight, full steam, all she got ! until 6-9 feet before turn in, brake hard for maybe 3-5 feet, then back on 20-30% throttle to pull the buggy around half way, then 10-20% throttle to tighten the radius ....full steam for 2-3 feet get up and over mini table and so on.....adjust your brakes so you dont go end over .. i also use dragbrake and abs

jumping 4wd its better to be nose down, as you can punch it and flatten out...locked brakes can only do so much.....if still pointed down, land throttle at bit faster than the buggy is going, and the nose will pull forward, worst thing is not punch it enough or breaking as it will endo...landing on too much throttle would mess up a b44...but our cars are much stronger (which is why 44.3 copied machined gears and 3 diffs ;-))

if it seems like it's all about to get ugly say hitting the tube while going full steam down the straight, rear end coming around, nose too much down, you can usually make it better by staying on throttle...the front will pull the rear in line and problem solved....for me its when i chicken out and go neutral to try wait it out...neutral just puts pressure on the front making steering and correction worse....throttle acts like a gyro..not just nose up and down, but also during rotation.

you can semi drift these cars around corners...try it !

i suck at steering in the air to rotate the car...so i pretty much dont do it...BUT if its starting to tilt sideways...punch the throttle and the tilt will stop

had a good race with track fastest guy mondrell...stupid fast i could get 16.2s..he could get 15.6's last night was the first wednesday night race he actually finished...he drives all out balls flying no regret style ;-) but with that comes high risk of needing a marshal...so my slow and steady style took the win
not so much about driving but about tactics....as i tell the rookies...the track is a 16-17sec lap track(20-21 for rookies)....waste 4 secs waiting for a marshal to flip you is 1/4 lap....and just put you 4 sec behind...so even if the driver is 1 sec faster its going to take 4 laps to catch up...a race is 17-18 laps...mess up once..sure you can catch up...twice maybe...3 yeah if you can keep it about 1 sec faster witch means your at your limit which means high risk.....top 3 4wd at norcal are all pretty close about ...now its not just 4 laps but maybe 6-8 if the lead can stay rubber down...good luck...may he who crashes less win
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #3954
Tech Elite

Quote:
yeah coming from 2wd over to 4wd is way different....

4wd like's throttle, but it is balance (as with everything else)

this is what i do at norcal which is small, with tight turns at the moment so hitting the race line is everything, slow and tight is faster than fast and wide...people call my driving slow but smooth (i like my buggy to finish the race, and dont have unlimited funds)

check out video to get an understanding of track layout

down the straight, full steam, all she got ! until 6-9 feet before turn in, brake hard for maybe 3-5 feet, then back on 20-30% throttle to pull the buggy around half way, then 10-20% throttle to tighten the radius ....full steam for 2-3 feet get up and over mini table and so on.....adjust your brakes so you dont go end over .. i also use dragbrake and abs

jumping 4wd its better to be nose down, as you can punch it and flatten out...locked brakes can only do so much.....if still pointed down, land throttle at bit faster than the buggy is going, and the nose will pull forward, worst thing is not punch it enough or breaking as it will endo...landing on too much throttle would mess up a b44...but our cars are much stronger (which is why 44.3 copied machined gears and 3 diffs ;-))

if it seems like it's all about to get ugly say hitting the tube while going full steam down the straight, rear end coming around, nose too much down, you can usually make it better by staying on throttle...the front will pull the rear in line and problem solved....for me its when i chicken out and go neutral to try wait it out...neutral just puts pressure on the front making steering and correction worse....throttle acts like a gyro..not just nose up and down, but also during rotation.

you can semi drift these cars around corners...try it !

i suck at steering in the air to rotate the car...so i pretty much dont do it...BUT if its starting to tilt sideways...punch the throttle and the tilt will stop

had a good race with track fastest guy mondrell...stupid fast i could get 16.2s..he could get 15.6's last night was the first wednesday night race he actually finished...he drives all out balls flying no regret style ;-) but with that comes high risk of needing a marshal...so my slow and steady style took the win
not so much about driving but about tactics....as i tell the rookies...the track is a 16-17sec lap track(20-21 for rookies)....waste 4 secs waiting for a marshal to flip you is 1/4 lap....and just put you 4 sec behind...so even if the driver is 1 sec faster its going to take 4 laps to catch up...a race is 17-18 laps...mess up once..sure you can catch up...twice maybe...3 yeah if you can keep it about 1 sec faster witch means your at your limit which means high risk.....top 3 4wd at norcal are all pretty close about ...now its not just 4 laps but maybe 6-8 if the lead can stay rubber down...good luck...may he who crashes less win
Slow and steady is faster then fast and on the brink. I find a consistent lap time is always better then 1 fast lap time and a gang of all over the map lap times.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:42 AM   #3955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I hate you lol.... Why did I get a bad spur!??? I've been a good person.
YGPM
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #3956
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
YGPM
Replied. Thanks man.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #3957
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default toe in

What is the stock rear tow on the 413 with the manual set up ty uses 3.5 rear toe. with the rear diff case how much toe is there? thanks
Fiercesolutions.com
Windy City RC raceway and hobby's
tazfam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #3958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Agreed the spurs are not perfectly round. Set the mesh at the tightest point. I've ran 10 plus pack... No issues.
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #3959
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Agreed the spurs are not perfectly round. Set the mesh at the tightest point. I've ran 10 plus pack... No issues.
I did. I just wish JCONCEPTS would make the silent speed spur gears
for this car! I even used the silent speed spur gears on my Durango's
when I ran them
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #3960
Tech Elite

Well I'm getting new parts to replace the defective ones..... In a week. Why the hell did they pick Hobbico to distribute their stuff? Worst company ever. I could see the lck of support if I had broken it myself but this was defective out of the box. $429.99 paperweight. Thanks a lot.