R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes

Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #3931
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

eBay is a good source for parts. Just picked up a complete center diff set up for $40 including the spur
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #3932
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStew View Post
Way cool , thank you!, so basically 22-4 all around, also how do you get your pictures full size on your quotes? I can only get the thumbnails, thanks again
Uses Photobucket to host pics.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #3933
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
Uses Photobucket to host pics.
Thanks yzracer, also you were absolutely correct, RSX runs cool as the other side of the pillow, however I need to watch my run times more closely, 12-13 minutes motor was at 152 but at 16 minutes I was at 167 but I was having some good fun!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #3934
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks yzracer, also you were absolutely correct, RSX runs cool as the other side of the pillow, however I need to watch my run times more closely, 12-13 minutes motor was at 152 but at 16 minutes I was at 167 but I was having some good fun!
Part of the reason your temps start rising those last few minutes is because you're voltage is getting lower, and the ohms of resistance in your battery is rising at the same time.

I run my voltage cut off a little higher than most people. 3.4v per cell, or 6.8v total on a 2s lipo. Depending on how your esc displays information.

I'm only giving up a minute or so of total drive time, but temps are more consistent and my batteries seem to always have less ohms of resistance than other guys at the track.
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #3935
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
also how do you get your pictures full size on your quotes? I can only get the thumbnails, thanks again
Posts # 1 on this thread teaches you step by step.

How To - Post Full Size Pictures On RcTech
Old 07-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #3936
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Starting the build now. First very early impression. Parts are as good a fit as my XRAY kit was. Shock pistons I can actually read..... Finally. So far excellent.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:19 AM   #3937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

FYI TyTessman.com has his winning Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout setup posted now.
My ST-RR EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:33 AM   #3938
Tech Regular

Having issues with corner speed. I'm very smooth around the track and an A-main regular, but I am losing time on corner speed. I'm used to,rolling the corners on my 2wd mod buggy. How is everyone setting up their corners with the D413? Hitting them with throttle?
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:46 AM   #3939
Tech Fanatic

Ordered an orange Sworks wing to run on my buggy while I learn to drive. This is my first 10th scale buggy. Don't want to tare up my stock wing. I thought the orange would match my wheels.... Turns out it doesn't. I'm not even sure it's really orange. No biggie. It's just for practice any way.

I heard carbon can interfere with transponder signals. Is this location ok ?

I do like the location of my transponder and esc. Easy to do a quick vitals check through the windows.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:47 AM   #3940
Tech Apprentice

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt :-) View Post
Posts # 1 on this thread teaches you step by step.

How To - Post Full Size Pictures On RcTech
Thanks so much, and for the temp info!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3941
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt :-) View Post
Ordered an orange Sworks wing to run on my buggy while I learn to drive. This is my first 10th scale buggy. Don't want to tare up my stock wing. I thought the orange would match my wheels.... Turns out it doesn't. I'm not even sure it's really orange. No biggie. It's just for practice any way.

I heard carbon can interfere with transponder signals. Is this location ok ?

I do like the location of my transponder and esc. Easy to do a quick vitals check through the windows.

I could be wrong and I often am, but they seem work just about anywhere, on my B5M I actually put the transponder on top of the servo I thought there might be interference but it works perfect.And here on m D413 I thought it might not work on end, but it does.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3942
Tech Adept

3.4v per cell is still kind of low, the chemistry or making lipo's have changed, and the cutoff needs to be set higher, i would recommend 3.5v-3.6v per cell

according to Danny at SMC, the reason batteries puff these days are because they are taken too far down in voltage. the internal resistance of the battery actually drops as temperature rises, and the battery is willing to give up its power more easily. I recommend LVC set at 3.6v, if you cant go 8 - 9 minutes then lower it to 3.5

in other news...tower has finally completed my orders for parts YAY
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #3943
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
3.4v per cell is still kind of low, the chemistry or making lipo's have changed, and the cutoff needs to be set higher, i would recommend 3.5v-3.6v per cell

according to Danny at SMC, the reason batteries puff these days are because they are taken too far down in voltage. the internal resistance of the battery actually drops as temperature rises, and the battery is willing to give up its power more easily. I recommend LVC set at 3.6v, if you cant go 8 - 9 minutes then lower it to 3.5

in other news...tower has finally completed my orders for parts YAY
Thank you. I'll check it when I get home tonight. I know I have my Reventon Pro esc lvc set as high as it will go. It might be at 3.6v per cell already and I just assumed it was 3.4v.

Most of the guys at my local track have their lvc set around 3v per cell. That's too risky for me.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 AM   #3944
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Show stopping build bug. Spur gear mold is way way off causing not only the spur to wobble by the out drive as well. Is this common? And if so who do I contact to get it fixed?
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #3945
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Show stopping build bug. Spur gear mold is way way off causing not only the spur to wobble by the out drive as well. Is this common? And if so who do I contact to get it fixed?
not normal, is it seating correctly or maybe just kind of hung op on some flash mold...is the seal (blue paper) somehow gotten folded or have ripples in it ? lastly are you putting enough torque on the screws, my screws where very tight the first couple of times...so had to apply more torque than i was really comfortable with

your buggy should have come with a credit sized warranty car with info on how to get support
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote