R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 07-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #3766
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjimmy View Post
Finally got it done and was able to run the 2014 Hot Rod Hobbies shoot out, ended up in the D-main and took 3rd. This was my 3rd time driving the buggy and got it dialed in with the help of Ty Tessman and Billy Fisher.
I was able to have Ty & Gord Tessman sigh my buggy along with Billy Fisher, Drew Moller, and Jason Snyder, all the hot bodies guys that were driving this weekend.
fan is upside down.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #3767
Tech Addict

One year ago... on the Monday after the HotRod Shootout...

a pre-production D413 getting its first outdoor shakedown runs.
T. Deguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #3768
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
fan is upside down.
thanks for the heads up, ill switch the fan around, lol thats what happens when your in a rush.
jdmjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #3769
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky cheese View Post
Just watched this, amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdy3SjPDXTo
awesome video of Ty Tessman kicking butt with the D413 from this weekend's Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjimmy View Post
Finally got it done and was able to run the 2014 Hot Rod Hobbies shoot out, ended up in the D-main and took 3rd. This was my 3rd time driving the buggy and got it dialed in with the help of Ty Tessman and Billy Fisher.
I was able to have Ty & Gord Tessman sigh my buggy along with Billy Fisher, Drew Moller, and Jason Snyder, all the hot bodies guys that were driving this weekend.
Cool body! I'm sure after a few more runs results will get better.
My ST-RR EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #3770
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone else having the arm covers starting to "pucker"? Here is a pic of mine. The covers now just go around the screws. Anyway, I have another set of arms and decided to glue them in. I won't be able to drive the car for another few more weeks, but was wondering if anyone did the same thing? The arms seems really stiff now. I hope that it doesn't lead to something else getting broken. I don't mind if the covers bend if it means that things don't break. I would sacrifice that last percentage of steering quality if it means that I finish.

Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0556.jpg  
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #3771
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
Anyone else having the arm covers starting to "pucker"? Here is a pic of mine. The covers now just go around the screws. Anyway, I have another set of arms and decided to glue them in. I won't be able to drive the car for another few more weeks, but was wondering if anyone did the same thing? The arms seems really stiff now. I hope that it doesn't lead to something else getting broken. I don't mind if the covers bend if it means that things don't break. I would sacrifice that last percentage of steering quality if it means that I finish.

What you may want to try is taking out the inner inside screw on the cover of the front arms.. It works wonders on the D812 to help from the front covers cracking and pulling up.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #3772
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Deguzman View Post
One year ago... on the Monday after the HotRod Shootout...

a pre-production D413 getting its first outdoor shakedown runs.
Torrence, love the buggy. Any update updated parts coming out? My front end has alit of slop.
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #3773
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
What you may want to try is taking out the inner inside screw on the cover of the front arms.. It works wonders on the D812 to help from the front covers cracking and pulling up.
Ah, great suggestion. I will definitely try it. Unfortunately, I'm already committed to at least one set of glued covers. But after those go, I will try taking out the one screw.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #3774
Tech Adept

Quote:

mine is doing that too...i actually saw one screw being launched into orbit when the plastic lid pulled it out
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #3775
Tech Regular

Is there any shop at all that have spur gears in stock?
Tigergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #3776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:

Yup, mine do that as well, I wonder if I should just take them off and see what it is like with more flex or get the carbon ones that will likely not do that.

The carbon looks cool though so I am leaning that way
lbenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #3777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
+1 that works great on the d812 without causing any adverse effects....
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #3778
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Runs nice and cool with no fan.
Thank you yzracer!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #3779
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Very excited to run this thing, still waiting on my body. need to make
a couple of plastic L brackets with Velcro for the body sides.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413x1.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413x2.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413x3.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #3780
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Removing the one screw from the arm covers will certainly help prevent the covers from getting bent up. I suspect that it will also impart more flex to the arms, as the one screw isn't there to do it's job. Gluing the covers sounds like the best solution to me (and Ty) as well as using all the screws.