R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #3631
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
my front sway bar keeps coming undone on one side or another....so after my second run today i noticed when it came off, instantly i had more body roll and close to traction roll but i was also faster and liked the increased steering (my fronts are going bald so lack of steering could be easily fixed) so i just leave it unhooked on one side....if i dont like how it drives i will mount it up again

at norcal hobbies i was able to get fairly consistent around 16.6-16.7 ...with occasional 16.6-16.1 ....ohh and i hit 15.9 once...and a 16 flat once...its been a while since i have run through that many battery packs...my guess is about 15 packs in the d413...and 7-8 in SCTE2...all indoor with 90F and my guess is 90% humidity..it was torture !

i have had a bunch of parts on order from tower...and it seems like every day something arrives....so parts are definatly coming in on a more regular basis now.

my spur fix is still holding up just great, i got a spare one now as i machined up two, on request, but only one got shipped out

if your in limbo due to chewed up spur...i still have one..and could have it mailed out tomorrow....better to do the fix than have it collect dust

ohh and while talking of spurs....if your center diff leaks the spur will get misted with diff oil, and collect dirt, making for a grinding paste....keep the spur dry and clean...motor spray it and use a tooth brush and use a dentist tool to pick out crud !

i am still in love with my d413 its awesome, and takes abuse like no other 4wd buggy i have seen, and the cat sx3 was pretty damn good !

i got the SMC 4600mah shorty's, and holy moly its powerfull....i got the 4300mah too its good, and better than gens ace 4200.....but the gens ace "softness" makes it easier to drive, and i can hit almost same lap times as with top shelf SMC (btw smc, reedy, team powers, rcking...all the same stuff inside, from the same factory, SMC just gives you the better deal)

dstreelm, dont worry about you spur...i will fix it up should something happen to it, you will only be down until i'm home where i can fix it...24hr max...nahh make it 18hr for you LOL
cygnus, what springs are you running? stock? where are the latest setups?
thanks
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #3632
Tech Master

what pitch is the spur gear?
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #3633
Tech Adept

48 pitch

i am running Josh Close setup http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...bbies20140608/

with the following changes
front shock oil up from 35 to 45
front shock spring replaced stock with AE blue (one step up)
rear arms moved both spacers toward the front (long wheel base)
80K kyosho in the center (i have noticed front tires wearing down much faster than 100K, but that is due to my heavy trigger finger)

front shock oil/springs and long wheelbase was to deal with norcal's horrible second double...hit the double in the right spots and your fine, hit it where the buggy naturally wants to go and it will bottom out, scrape the nose...sending the rear up high, and you will come up short for downsiding "the hump"

Josh's setup is easy to drive, easy = fast as your not fighting the buggy

theres a rumor in the RC industry that Kyosho springs are superior, supposedly made from better spring steel (i am not buying that for one bit), more consistent and closer to spec/rating...(consistency is bull...but closer to spec might be true)..............the metal spring have been around for 100's of years, its not that hard to make them, and given the machinery we have available today, they should all be coming out of the machine the same

kyosho spring = 10$ a spring....no thanks
AE springs 18$ for 8 springs...thats more like it
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #3634
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
48 pitch

i am running Josh Close setup http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...bbies20140608/

with the following changes
front shock oil up from 35 to 45
front shock spring replaced stock with AE blue (one step up)
rear arms moved both spacers toward the front (long wheel base)
80K kyosho in the center (i have noticed front tires wearing down much faster than 100K, but that is due to my heavy trigger finger)

front shock oil/springs and long wheelbase was to deal with norcal's horrible second double...hit the double in the right spots and your fine, hit it where the buggy naturally wants to go and it will bottom out, scrape the nose...sending the rear up high, and you will come up short for downsiding "the hump"

Josh's setup is easy to drive, easy = fast as your not fighting the buggy

theres a rumor in the RC industry that Kyosho springs are superior, supposedly made from better spring steel (i am not buying that for one bit), more consistent and closer to spec/rating...(consistency is bull...but closer to spec might be true)..............the metal spring have been around for 100's of years, its not that hard to make them, and given the machinery we have available today, they should all be coming out of the machine the same

kyosho spring = 10$ a spring....no thanks
AE springs 18$ for 8 springs...thats more like it
so u went 1 step stiffer in front?
my buggy finally shows invoiced!
trying to get option parts! so AE blue big bore springs from b44.2?
u still run front sway? any parts or option parts I need to order?
thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #3635
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm running sway bars...but opposite of what the instructions say.. Cooper up front and silver in the rear
Red78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #3636
Tech Regular

Any shop have the car in stock?
Or anyone here selling a roller (must ship to Norway).
Tigergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #3637
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt :-) View Post
Just got off the phone with Tower. They just received some more D413 kits, and they said I will be getting one this time ! Holding my breath...

What servo horn (offset) are most people using? Post a couple close pics ?

Thanks
HB Aluminum Servo Horn.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #3638
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergutt View Post
Any shop have the car in stock?
Or anyone here selling a roller (must ship to Norway).
Check ebay. I saw a kit was just posted and they say that they will ship worldwide.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #3639
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
Check ebay. I saw a kit was just posted and they say that they will ship worldwide.
Also if anyone have a used roller, send me a pm.
Tigergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #3640
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Here is a pic of the d413 domination this weekend at a Local Proline race. His car looks fast, but seemed to have massive down travel, lol.

He runs for HB. His name is Tanner Stees (maybe spelled wrong)
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-tannerstees_hb.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #3641
Tech Adept

AE springs from 4.2, 44.2, b5(m) all 12mm, and will fit just fine...on petit rc theres a link to spring rates, and who makes what...i just use that chart to figure what my AE springs compare to in HB...AE blue front, is about the same as one step up in HB

parts to order...the usual

the cheap stuff.:
ball cup kit they are specific to the d413, so you cant just grab rpm as you can wth a lot of other cars

orange spacers (lots of other spacers will work just fine but wont look cool ;-)

arms, front and rear

spur if they ever come in stock

front and rear hubs...nothing have broken, but experience tells me it will at some point, might as well have spares on hand

HB rims, and a ton of tires ;-)

diff oil, shock oil

parts are scarce so you might consider getting extras like.:
axles front and rear
outdrives
diff rebuild
extra center diff (be nice to have a one ready with different oil in, to quick swap between different oils)
springs...i just use the springs i have from my AE cars (b44.2, b4.2, b5m)
hingepins
shock shaft
shock caps
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #3642
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you Jeremy Potter for posting the pic of the servo horn. That gives me confirmation. Looks like your using the Hot Bodies servo horn. Between A-Main and "FleaBay" I can't find a 25 tooth in stock. Think I might go with this one.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...a-Savox-ProTek

Also, CONGRATS Tanner on your win. I Love it when the younger generation hands us "adults" our rear ends in competition ! Good job sir !
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #3643
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt :-) View Post
Thank you Jeremy Potter for posting the pic of the servo horn. That gives me confirmation. Looks like your using the Hot Bodies servo horn. Between A-Main and "FleaBay" I can't find a 25 tooth in stock. Think I might go with this one.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...a-Savox-ProTek

Also, CONGRATS Tanner on your win. I Love it when the younger generation hands us "adults" our rear ends in competition ! Good job sir !

Yes, it is a HB Servo Horn. The one in the link should work just fine.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #3644
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Kit arrived and is completed, just need to paint the body.

Please excuse the wiring, I'm giving my Castle SCT combo a whirl so i've got some excess to bundle up.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413.jpg  

Last edited by chadg; 07-15-2014 at 01:28 PM.
chadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #3645
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg View Post
Kit arrived and is completed, just need to paint the body.

Please excuse the wiring, I'm giving my Castle SCT combo a whirl so i've got some excess to bundle up.
Did you make sure the body will fit on with the motor/ESC wires coiled up like that?
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote