R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #3136
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 78
Default

Dear Mr. Deguzman, hats off to you sir. Tessman family too.

You have designed a car that handles like a car that wants to win. I have never had a 4WD 1/10 buggy with so much steering and at the same time no oversteer roling. So many new concepts, such a different car, its working great so far for me.

The drivetrain is amazing, i have done several packs in the last 3 weeks on high grip astro and carpet giving the car as much abuse as i could, i could not break it, the outdrives are untouched, the spur gear is still brand new, the axles are holding, everything is there. I dont drive slowly either, my times are the fastest on our tracks or very close.
Normaly after you assemble a new kit you hit the track and start slow, some parts come off, something breaks, something badly assembled, there is always something to fix. With the D413.... nop... i had no problems.

Assembly? Loved how the bags are ordered and only have the parts for that step in them, why other companies dont do this is beyond me. Every part is precut, anwsome. Extra set of links, great!

Parts? There are indeed some parts that are missing from the shops but its understandable, HB has always had this issue, specially for a new car as far as i know but if you know how to look, you can find the parts. The car will rarely break anyway so you will be good. This kit is going to sell alot, there will be parts, i am sure.

Spur problems? I dont think there are any, get yourself a good pinion, propper mesh and you will be fine. Ofcourse if there were spurs in stock this was not an issue.

Motor heating up? Place your ESC in the back, it will help as the motor will get fresh air from the front. For 6.5 motor use 19T, i use 20 and i have no fans.

The body is crap? Yeah the 4 piece body is dodgy, feels week, carefull with the middle screw it will scratch your motor mount. Get the proline's, but amazingly it looks like it will last a long time.

Shock caps? Yes, they will pop off eventually on a hard crash but very rarely... Deguzman already working on an alternative if you wish, yay, hopefully they come in a bag of two then i will replace only the fronts and save some money for beer.

Conclusion

I traded a 2 month old TLR 22-4 for the D413 after breaking a rear universal and horizon refused to replace it, thank you horizon, you saved me money in the long run and no more replacing front belts and steering horns. The D413 turns 2 times faster than the 22-4 and you can actually change things like toe in, for free.

If your on the fence about this car because the current lack of spares or because someone wrecked their spur gear, oh my, your wasting time.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_20140609_122948.jpg  
nicmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #3137
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
Dear Mr. Deguzman, hats off to you sir. Tessman family too.

You have designed a car that handles like a car that wants to win. I have never had a 4WD 1/10 buggy with so much steering and at the same time no oversteer roling. So many new concepts, such a different car, its working great so far for me.

The drivetrain is amazing, i have done several packs in the last 3 weeks on high grip astro and carpet giving the car as much abuse as i could, i could not break it, the outdrives are untouched, the spur gear is still brand new, the axles are holding, everything is there. I dont drive slowly either, my times are the fastest on our tracks or very close.
Normaly after you assemble a new kit you hit the track and start slow, some parts come off, something breaks, something badly assembled, there is always something to fix. With the D413.... nop... i had no problems.

Assembly? Loved how the bags are ordered and only have the parts for that step in them, why other companies dont do this is beyond me. Every part is precut, anwsome. Extra set of links, great!

Parts? There are indeed some parts that are missing from the shops but its understandable, HB has always had this issue, specially for a new car as far as i know but if you know how to look, you can find the parts. The car will rarely break anyway so you will be good. This kit is going to sell alot, there will be parts, i am sure.

Spur problems? I dont think there are any, get yourself a good pinion, propper mesh and you will be fine. Ofcourse if there were spurs in stock this was not an issue.

Motor heating up? Place your ESC in the back, it will help as the motor will get fresh air from the front. For 6.5 motor use 19T, i use 20 and i have no fans.

The body is crap? Yeah the 4 piece body is dodgy, feels week, carefull with the middle screw it will scratch your motor mount. Get the proline's, but amazingly it looks like it will last a long time.

Shock caps? Yes, they will pop off eventually on a hard crash but very rarely... Deguzman already working on an alternative if you wish, yay, hopefully they come in a bag of two then i will replace only the fronts and save some money for beer.

Conclusion

I traded a 2 month old TLR 22-4 for the D413 after breaking a rear universal and horizon refused to replace it, thank you horizon, you saved me money in the long run and no more replacing front belts and steering horns. The D413 turns 2 times faster than the 22-4 and you can actually change things like toe in, for free.

If your on the fence about this car because the current lack of spares or because someone wrecked their spur gear, oh my, your wasting time.
That's weird - they sent me a set of the updated rear universals no questions asked and I have hours and hours of runtime on my first belt set. Anyway, I still want a D413.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #3138
Tech Regular
 
JDJamminX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 493
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
Dear Mr. Deguzman, hats off to you sir. Tessman family too.

You have designed a car that handles like a car that wants to win. I have never had a 4WD 1/10 buggy with so much steering and at the same time no oversteer roling. So many new concepts, such a different car, its working great so far for me.

The drivetrain is amazing, i have done several packs in the last 3 weeks on high grip astro and carpet giving the car as much abuse as i could, i could not break it, the outdrives are untouched, the spur gear is still brand new, the axles are holding, everything is there. I dont drive slowly either, my times are the fastest on our tracks or very close.
Normaly after you assemble a new kit you hit the track and start slow, some parts come off, something breaks, something badly assembled, there is always something to fix. With the D413.... nop... i had no problems.

Assembly? Loved how the bags are ordered and only have the parts for that step in them, why other companies dont do this is beyond me. Every part is precut, anwsome. Extra set of links, great!

Parts? There are indeed some parts that are missing from the shops but its understandable, HB has always had this issue, specially for a new car as far as i know but if you know how to look, you can find the parts. The car will rarely break anyway so you will be good. This kit is going to sell alot, there will be parts, i am sure.

Spur problems? I dont think there are any, get yourself a good pinion, propper mesh and you will be fine. Ofcourse if there were spurs in stock this was not an issue.

Motor heating up? Place your ESC in the back, it will help as the motor will get fresh air from the front. For 6.5 motor use 19T, i use 20 and i have no fans.

The body is crap? Yeah the 4 piece body is dodgy, feels week, carefull with the middle screw it will scratch your motor mount. Get the proline's, but amazingly it looks like it will last a long time.

Shock caps? Yes, they will pop off eventually on a hard crash but very rarely... Deguzman already working on an alternative if you wish, yay, hopefully they come in a bag of two then i will replace only the fronts and save some money for beer.

Conclusion

I traded a 2 month old TLR 22-4 for the D413 after breaking a rear universal and horizon refused to replace it, thank you horizon, you saved me money in the long run and no more replacing front belts and steering horns. The D413 turns 2 times faster than the 22-4 and you can actually change things like toe in, for free.

If your on the fence about this car because the current lack of spares or because someone wrecked their spur gear, oh my, your wasting time.
Awesome Review. I like the part about the beer money.
__________________
LRP - MUGEN - AKA - OCRC - UPGRADE - SCHELLE - DE RACING
JDJamminX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #3139
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,972
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

And here I though a car sitting on the shelf was wasting time. :\
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #3140
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
That's weird - they sent me a set of the updated rear universals no questions asked and I have hours and hours of runtime on my first belt set. Anyway, I still want a D413.
Yeah for real, check the email from horizon uk.

I am european and our tracks have a lot of grip, i use a lot of braking, i tried to set the slipper and brakes way back but whats the point really, dont want to run slower to avoid breaking the car. Thats what i love about the D413.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_20140609_122948.jpg  
nicmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #3141
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
Yeah for real, check the email from horizon uk.

I am european and our tracks have a lot of grip, i use a lot of braking, i tried to set the slipper and brakes way back but whats the point really, dont want to run slower to avoid breaking the car. Thats what i love about the D413.
Well that's Blighty for ya
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #3142
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,972
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
Yeah for real, check the email from horizon uk.

I am european and our tracks have a lot of grip, i use a lot of braking, i tried to set the slipper and brakes way back but whats the point really, dont want to run slower to avoid breaking the car. Thats what i love about the D413.
Yeah, that's total BS. I emailed them about a few stripped screws on the bottom of my 22 a couple years ago and told them I've never had that issue before on any car and received a similar reply to yours and I wasn't havin' it. Instead, I called them right up and spoke to someone directly and the person I spoke with was very cordial and understanding and sent me out a brand new chassis and a full set of screws at no cost.

I'd suggest you call up and speak to someone and see if they don't treat your situation differently. The 22-4 is a $469 car and is still relative new and if there was a revision to a part that broke on you, they should issue the updated one at no charge.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #3143
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
Default

just got 5 packs through my d413 with the pinion fix, man im glad i made the ae spur work, this buggy still makes me smile, had a whole new sound too

a diff lid that would accept different pinions without having to open the diff would be pretty easy to make
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #3144
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,428
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

My body finally arrived from the painter. Nice to have a proper body for this machine...



RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #3145
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Man that things is going to catch my eye as I am coming around it Tim!
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #3146
Tech Regular
 
Rybeau40's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 289
Default

Just a word of warning; Make SURE you do not over tighten the center diff screws. I went a bit farther then needed and it basically destroyed the paper gasket and caused a leaky mess. My spur gear is no good because it went through a bit too much not only tearing the gasket, but causing leaks through the screw holes.

It kept leaking, so I kept tightening-which was my mistake.

Unfortunately, my D413 is now a shelf queen until parts catch up.

Really sucks-fun buggy.
__________________
Kyosho Lazer ZX-6R 10.1 Orion pro, Spektrum 6040
Team Associated B5M, Hitec servo Mod class, 10.0 Orion
Futaba 4PLS
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #3147
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
just got 5 packs through my d413 with the pinion fix, man im glad i made the ae spur work, this buggy still makes me smile, had a whole new sound too

a diff lid that would accept different pinions without having to open the diff would be pretty easy to make
Hopefully some of the aftermarket companies are reading this thread and going to come up with something. If my spur breaks and parts aren't in yet, I don't have the tools to do the significant mods that you guys are coming up with.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #3148
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,428
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderBoy View Post
Man that things is going to catch my eye as I am coming around it Tim!
when you're done playing around on that little indoor track, you know where to find me
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #3149
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I think that I would like to try to remove some of the slop in the steering. I know that some of you have just dremeled but I would prefer to shim it out. Has anyone done the shim technique? What are the measurements or ideally a part number that I could buy. I know that it is around .5 mm thick but not sure of the inner and outer diameters.

Thanks
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #3150
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
when you're done playing around on that little indoor track, you know where to find me
You know I have been banned from the Casual Encounters section on Craigslist, right?
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (0 members and 10 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net