Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
He has to please his sponsors. I am sure he added the Pro-Line caps to get their name on the car.

It's not just about showing off your chassis, you have to show what aftermarket parts your sponsors have. Right now, Pro-Line only has the body for the new car. Ty probably added those caps to help Pro-Line out.

Please his sponsors?? WRONG

if Gord put Aluminum caps on it's because he and Ty found an issue during testing and wanted to eliminate even the slightest chance of a problem. DNF's dont cut it at this level (also why the AE factory drivers are all using Durango metal teeth gear diffs in the B44's). The worlds aint no club race with BIG CASH on the line in bonuses for a win, place or show. It's just that proline has the CNC equipment on site to make whatever parts the Tessmans can dream up in short order. Proline made the whole aluminum front end on his Nitro car that was at the last worlds.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 AM
am
Tech Master

Is there no slipper there? Guess it is not needed when you have a centerdiff taking care of Things.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/112723
Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The car looks very good. I really wish people ran 4x4 here. I like the shorty option also. Since that is what I run in 2wd.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

product page up too:

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/112723
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Loving the design on this. I think I just found my next 4wd buggy.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Please his sponsors?? WRONG.
Just look at every single driver's t-shirt, every single RC website, and every single track (banners, banners, banners) and then tell me again how sponsorship and advertising doesn't play a major role in professional RC. This industry is all about product placement, advertisements, and brand awareness.

Yes, winning is #1. I get that. But the brands are the underwriters for this sport. They pay travel, lodging, and god knows what else for the drivers. They expect you to support them in return. Same with many sports.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fascinating design! Torrance Deguzman is clearly a smart man. It looks like the diffs are removable without removing the shocks or towers, which is amazing! Weight distribution with the shorty pack looks quite good as well with everything packed quite tightly in the centre of the car. Tons of adjustability too. It looks to me as if inspiration was taken from the touring car and 1.8th buggy world, which is cool

What other cars has Torrance Deguzman designed?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im wondering what kind of wheel hexes will be used ? I hope i can use my large stack of kyosho wheels
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Please his sponsors?? WRONG

if Gord put Aluminum caps on it's because he and Ty found an issue during testing and wanted to eliminate even the slightest chance of a problem. DNF's dont cut it at this level (also why the AE factory drivers are all using Durango metal teeth gear diffs in the B44's). The worlds aint no club race with BIG CASH on the line in bonuses for a win, place or show. It's just that proline has the CNC equipment on site to make whatever parts the Tessmans can dream up in short order. Proline made the whole aluminum front end on his Nitro car that was at the last worlds.
There are two reasons for the shock caps. First and foremost is the caps make the shocks have more down travel. If you read why Ty ran the HB shocks on his RB6, Ty clearly likes his cars to have a lot of down travel.

Changing the mounting style was more of a secondary effect of the caps being made out of aluminum. I'm sure the stock caps are plenty durable. Remember Ty ran the stock caps at the nationals and didn't have a problem.

If anything, most people should leave the stock caps on to prevent from breaking other things. With SCT bringing a bunch of new people into the hobby, new people who have no idea how to drive due to SCT's being way too durable, the complaint of "These buggies are too fragile, how am I suppose to smash my way around the track with one of these? God forbid I learn to drive." Now these people have realized how terrible SCT's are, and they want to drive something that isn't a pile of suck. All these companies are coming out with new cars that claim to be "Tonka Tough" to help everyone that have no business running a 4wd.

In the one video Mr. DeGuzman claimed even the pro HB drivers were worried about breaking front gearboxes. There was a fix for that, but apparently even the factory guys couldn't figure it out. My non re-release XX4, and original D4 were built up to the point that I could drive them as hard as I wanted, and didn't have to worry about anything failing. They were just as durable as a 2wd buggy. Not crashing has a lot to do with it though.

Originally Posted by am
Is there no slipper there? Guess it is not needed when you have a centerdiff taking care of Things.
A slipper is just to protect a ball diff. No ball diffs, no slipper.

Originally Posted by bender
product page up too:
Yeah and nv529 beat you to it by about a half hour.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I remember one of the race reviews from the nationals saying they "snapped a part back on the car, like a lego piece. Been very curious as to what that part was for quite some time as I think the writer may have speculated it was a shock tower part. Anyway, the PL metal shock caps with regular mounts could explain shocks popping off and the 'snapping the part back on like a lego' comment.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Proline caps were used in the best interest from a reliability standpoint. Both driver and engineer agreed upon it.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I WANT THIS BUGGY!!!

But really it's great to see a company try something new...
Old 09-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Debating between the ZX6 or D413.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default .?..?..

When is it out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.