R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #2956
Tech Apprentice

has anyone found a solution for the shock caps? the plastic ones do tend to pop out None of the caps i tried fit (xb4, 22).
nicmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #2957
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
has anyone found a solution for the shock caps? the plastic ones do tend to pop out None of the caps i tried fit (xb4, 22).
No options that I am aware of. Mine are fine. I will just have a spare on hand in case they get to beat up and start popping off. The new associated buggy is all plastic as well so it really should not be an issue.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #2958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys, it looks like 1/10th is gaining interest at my local track so I'm interested in the D413. I turned my Vorza into a D8E with the Tekno kit and really like it and it seems that HB has got it going with this little buggy.

I can see it's on back order at most places, and Amain don't seem to stock a lot of spares, though Tower have heaps.

What are the best parts to get as spares for the track and are there any notable hop-ups/changes to stock that are a good idea?

Do these cars use regular size servos? I usually run the Radiopost Red model:
Torque:
@ 6.0V: 333 oz in
@ 7.4V: 419 oz in
Speed:
@ 6.0V: 0.10sec/60
@ 7.4V: 0.09sec/60

Is that overkill/bad for a 1/10 buggy or will it be fine?

Are the shock caps a problem? I don't like the idea of plastic myself.

I don't have any 1/10 wheels yet so is it easy enough to get some that fit this car stock? I'm not sure about the whole difference in the hubs compared to other 1/10, in 1/8 it's all the same.

Thanks

Vic
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #2959
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Using Orion Race Esc blinky / Orion 7.5t with 21 pinion, temps was not an issue after 7 min. I moved to a 5.5t same pinion I thermal at 3-4min. Switched to a 19 pinion did the trick. Coming off at 135 every time.

glad you posted this as I have the r10.1 pro and vst2 5.5T and just put on a 19t pinion to try out tomorrow at Dirt burners here in Michigan. I was just wondering how that setup was on a 19t pinion. did you have the top speed/punch you needed and how big is the track you run on. just trying to get an idea before I even get to the track tomorrow. thanks
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #2960
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

5.5t is too much for Dirt Burners imo. I use a 6.5 at Clubhouse and it has loads of power on a bigger track then Burners. Of course, you can always turn the 5.5 down as needed. I run a 22t pinion on my 6.5 no fans and motor temp hits about 160 at 10 mins right now.
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #2961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

My opinion with the center diff you need a 5.5 or at least a 6.5t. With other wheelers you can get away with 7.5t motors.

With the 5.5t I have top and bottom.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #2962
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genebaby View Post
Hi guys, it looks like 1/10th is gaining interest at my local track so I'm interested in the D413. I turned my Vorza into a D8E with the Tekno kit and really like it and it seems that HB has got it going with this little buggy.

I can see it's on back order at most places, and Amain don't seem to stock a lot of spares, though Tower have heaps.

What are the best parts to get as spares for the track and are there any notable hop-ups/changes to stock that are a good idea?

Do these cars use regular size servos? I usually run the Radiopost Red model:
Torque:
@ 6.0V: 333 oz in
@ 7.4V: 419 oz in
Speed:
@ 6.0V: 0.10sec/60
@ 7.4V: 0.09sec/60

Is that overkill/bad for a 1/10 buggy or will it be fine?

Are the shock caps a problem? I don't like the idea of plastic myself.

I don't have any 1/10 wheels yet so is it easy enough to get some that fit this car stock? I'm not sure about the whole difference in the hubs compared to other 1/10, in 1/8 it's all the same.

Thanks

Vic
This car was just released a month ago. There are a lot of people who have pre ordered everything. Including myself. Getting the kit, and extra parts will be a little slow for a few months.

The only aftermarket part available right now that I'm aware of is a ProLine body.

Normal size servos are perfect. A 1/10 4wd buggy only requires .130oz of torque. If you use a really strong servo, make sure you set your end points.

I've only seen a couple people on this thread have issues with the shock caps. Most people have no trouble with them. Just read the build tips on post #1. It shows you how to take care of them properly.

According to what I've read on this thread, TLR 22-4 wheels fit perfectly on the D413.
Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #2963
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Only parts I want are spur gear and shock caps, I don't see myself breaking anything else.
Mercenary Racer

Last edited by jmoneym; 06-09-2014 at 06:57 AM.
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #2964
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

This car has some real potential. I drove mine the other day and only had 2 gripes with it... Its VERY VERY twitchy! Both steering and throttle. Im running box setup... does anyone know how to make the car less twitchy with steering? Also bc of the center diff... The car seems to have a lot of power right from the get go. Any ideas how to numb out the throttle a little? Could I go to a lighter diff oil? 50k? So far so good! Burnt up a spur gear but luckily a friend had a spare so I was saved.... I better stock up... if they ever come in stock!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #2965
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
This car has some real potential. I drove mine the other day and only had 2 gripes with it... Its VERY VERY twitchy! Both steering and throttle. Im running box setup... does anyone know how to make the car less twitchy with steering? Also bc of the center diff... The car seems to have a lot of power right from the get go. Any ideas how to numb out the throttle a little? Could I go to a lighter diff oil? 50k? So far so good! Burnt up a spur gear but luckily a friend had a spare so I was saved.... I better stock up... if they ever come in stock!
Lighter oil will let the front do more of the work coming out of a corner. If you go too light, you'll be tearing through front tires. What oil are you running now?

Regarding the power, you can lower EPA, use your exponential, or just learn how to drive!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #2966
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta View Post
Lighter oil will let the front do more of the work coming out of a corner. If you go too light, you'll be tearing through front tires. What oil are you running now?

Regarding the power, you can lower EPA, use your exponential, or just learn how to drive!
Smart ass

Im running this setup
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...1116/setup.pdf
Old 06-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #2967
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm wondering if any of you guys have lightened up the c diff and went with a harder compound in the front to make it less twitchy and to compensate for the front end diff-ing out?
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #2968
Tech Adept

i just finished a big race at norcal hobbies running josh close's setup, the car took hell of a beating, with nothing broken ! it was EASY to drive not twitchy, and not once did it fishtail under power

some people drop in a super fast servo with 0.08 and lower times, this can easily make the car twitchy

i went up from 10K in the front diff to 15K (mugen) which calmed it down and made it easier to drive, without loosing steering or anything...if you feel like you want more steering remove front sway bar

i know Josh, when he set up his cars, he strives to make a car easy and fast.

we both run team powers radon pro 140A and 6.5T team powers motors, i opted for a fan on my motor....my esc fan did fail and esc came off at a whopping 150F auch !!!!

Norcal hobbies track had a brand new layout, and the buggy took quite a few nasty hits, something that for sure would have killed a b44 (mostly snapped a-arms) a couple of time i had to land on full power to correct for a mistake...no problem, one of the spectaters saw this, and said that would have stripped his 44 ring and pinion

this buggy is loud, and yes it is the center diff, well not the diff part but rather the spur...my buggy screams, the 2 other HB in this race where doing the same...so its normal.

im actually quite proud to be in the a-amain with the pro drivers (think there was 4 of them) i got screwed over a couple of times by some of the pro drivers who didnt have time for people to move over and decided to drive through them....(i thought they would have a more sportsman like behavior, especially when they are mixed with local club racers)

sworkz black thick wing, works great on this buggy, it will be the last wing you buy

i had a ton of fun, and want to thank norcal hobbies for a great race, thanks josh, vasutin, kathy, and HB for this awesome car....all the fast guys want's one now :-) which is great as we will get better parts support at the store.
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #2969
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It was an awesome weekend of racing. 3 D413s in the main and 1 in the B with all the local fast and Pro guys. Way to build a killer car HB!
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #2970
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderBoy View Post
It was an awesome weekend of racing. 3 D413s in the main and 1 in the B with all the local fast and Pro guys. Way to build a killer car HB!
+1

and dang it josh you beat me by a point :-D guess i forgive as you figured out a killer setup...and for that i thank you

HB...AWESOME CAR !!!! cant say that enough ...but please we need parts...one of the d413 driver had to switch to his backup(b44) as he stripped the spur....a spur should not be the end of a race
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote