Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^What he said
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #2582
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Lowest D413 FDR?

Hi,
Can Anyone offer anymore information re: gearing possibilties for the D413?
I had an order in for 2x kits but retracted it because I was reading that -
The only spur gear available is the 72t.
The biggest pinion you can fit on there according to the designer is a 38 tooth.
The lowest FDR is 6.27.

I wanted to get the FDR down to around 5.4.-5.6. To run 17.5T blinky.
Thanks.
Dragobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #2583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
Hi,
The biggest pinion you can fit on there according to the designer is a 38 tooth.
The lowest FDR is 6.27.

Thanks.
I have not run those numbers, but you are right. There is only the one spur gear at this time. It is not ideal for 17.5.

On the other hand, there was a "maybe" in here somewhere about a smaller spur gear to make it practical to run 17.5, the concern being the limited venues that class is hosted at vs the cost of production.

I assume you are in Oz? I think the prior post on this that got a response was from down under as well. I wish we had that class option here.
lbenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #2584
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

"JP" Edition D413.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #2585
mes
Tech Fanatic

Nice! Old-school HB purple!
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #2586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

PURPLE > ORANGE

I'm waiting for someone to produce Slime Green components for all my cars, but I foresee me having to send out for ano for that to happen.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #2587
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
"JP" Edition D413.

VERY NICE Jeremy,
now go get it dirty then post setups for us!
P.S. On your RSX and Hitec servo, get a purple sharpie and color the silver aluminum and your Ti turnbuckles, it'll look exactly like anodizing!
what motor is that? 6.5? stock or HT rotor?
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #2588
Team Tekin

Gen 2 6.5 motor. 13mm standard rotor. Might have to try the purple sharpie trick. Thanks Marc!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #2589
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sharpie wipes right off metal. It's one of the few media where Sharpie will not stick and a single swipe of the finger will smudge and remove it with ease. If any marker will stick well it'd be a Paint Marker and you may be able to find one in metallic purple.

Paint Markers dispense oil based paints and the #1 brand when I was a kid in NYC was UNI. They war the only paint Markers that would stick to and not get absorbed by the aerospace paint they developed for Trains.

I've heard Kink Markers are also quite good but I have no experience with them.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #2590
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
Hi,
The lowest FDR is 6.27.

Thanks.
Maybe it might be easier to make a slightly revised "stock" motor mount which could accommodate a 43 tooth pinion which give the desired overall ratio. I am sure a motor mount is easier to create and is lower in cost to produce than a new spur gear.

Cheese
Tornado RC Chargers
Schelle Racing Innovations.
stinky cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #2591
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pro-line body

The UPS man just delivered my new Pro-line body for my d413 if it ever gets shipped from Amain. But if I ever get the buggy it will have a nicely painted body waiting for it. I've been waiting so long it would be terrible to get the kit and wait for a week for my painter to do the body. You gotta look sharp when you bring a new kit to it's first race. Here's a kicker, I just found out that the nice indoor clay track that I love so much is moving closer to my home, yahoo. Found out one other little detail instead of clay they're planning on going with carpet.............I'm sad!!!! I do have other options but makes sad, great group of guys and the owners are super. I tried to talked them out of it but they're tired of moving dirt 4 times a year....Now to race on dirt I'll have to drive 75 miles one way, life sucks sometimes. I've raced on carpet a few times, it's ok but traction is so good it takes some tuning out of the process. Makes it too easy for new comers, they don't have to pay their dues imo......
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #2592
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones8352 View Post
The UPS man just delivered my new Pro-line body for my d413 if it ever gets shipped from Amain. But if I ever get the buggy it will have a nicely painted body waiting for it. I've been waiting so long it would be terrible to get the kit and wait for a week for my painter to do the body. You gotta look sharp when you bring a new kit to it's first race. Here's a kicker, I just found out that the nice indoor clay track that I love so much is moving closer to my home, yahoo. Found out one other little detail instead of clay they're planning on going with carpet.............I'm sad!!!! I do have other options but makes sad, great group of guys and the owners are super. I tried to talked them out of it but they're tired of moving dirt 4 times a year....Now to race on dirt I'll have to drive 75 miles one way, life sucks sometimes. I've raced on carpet a few times, it's ok but traction is so good it takes some tuning out of the process. Makes it too easy for new comers, they don't have to pay their dues imo......
My local track is exactly 75 miles one way!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #2593
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones8352 View Post
I don't think carpet is easier, it is just a different game requiring a completely different driving style. Better stock up on yellow compound Schumacher Minipins!
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #2594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I don't think carpet is easier, it is just a different game requiring a completely different driving style. Better stock up on yellow compound Schumacher Minipins!
I was gonna say the same thing. With carpet, setup is super critical... I'm curious how much setup this car need a for carpet vs the stock setup.
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #2595
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default that figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amain the day before I found out about the carpet track. I ordered 2 sets of clay tires, one for the 413 and one for my 410, not a mini pin to be found. I guess I better order some mini pins. I have Imex foam tires that I've used before on carpet, you guys think the mini pins will out perform foam tires?