R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 08-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ROAR didnt bend the rules to allow this car. Car was presented to the RMT official and he said it was ok to run. I was in tech all weekend and about all I know is that the car had a shorty in it. We had no need to remove the body to tech the car. Ty's dad lifted the body up enough to check voltage.

IMO the company that filed the protest was grasping at straws, they had no idea how the battery compartment on the car is configured. I feel as if it was a completely unsportsmanlike move and have lost all respect for that company after this.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #182
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
ROAR didnt bend the rules to allow this car. Car was presented to the RMT official and he said it was ok to run. I was in tech all weekend and about all I know is that the car had a shorty in it. We had no need to remove the body to tech the car. Ty's dad lifted the body up enough to check voltage.

IMO the company that filed the protest was grasping at straws, they had no idea how the battery compartment on the car is configured. I feel as if it was a completely unsportsmanlike move and have lost all respect for that company after this.
Associated

TLR 22 2.0 RM / TLR 22 2.0 MM / TLR 22-4 / TLR 22T / TLR 22 SCT / TLR SCTE 2.0 / TLR 8IGHT-E 3.0 / Team Losi XX-4 WE / Team Losi XXX-4 G+
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #183
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
ROAR didnt bend the rules to allow this car. Car was presented to the RMT official and he said it was ok to run.
What you're describing here is a ruling. That's not quite the same thing as rule compliance. It's possible to make an incorrect ruling. The rule isn't whatever the official says it is. The official's job is make the correct ruling, if they do that then there isn't a need for a protest. Nobody likes having to protest against other competitors, it brings the type of backlash that we are seeing here. (I've seen a race decided because a driver with a valid protest didn't want to make it for fear it would reflect badly on their sponsor.) Because of this it's all the more important that the officials strictly enforce the letter of the rules in their initial rulings.

Quote:
I was in tech all weekend and about all I know is that the car had a shorty in it. We had no need to remove the body to tech the car. Ty's dad lifted the body up enough to check voltage.
I've been a scrutineer. There are good reasons to take the bodies off cars to check them, it should be done routinely.

Quote:
It's been said here that said manufacturer should have made their protest at the beginning of the meet. How were they to know to do that if not even the scrutineers had looked under the body?
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any word of a release date ?
evolution03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Things get through other forms of racing inspections all the time. Look at NASCAR. Some things get caught and some things do not. I agree with Jack, the feasibility of checking everything in the rules is not realistic. I have been a part of the rmt at other events and it is not an easy task for the crew of four and any additional help from the hosting facility. Rules in all forms of competition or sport are always pushed to the limitation as well as loopholes within them. Lets put this to rest and congrats to Ty and the hot bodies team on their win. Keep it in perspective, look at the events he has won over the last year. We should all be honored to witness the level of driving skills, mental concentration and maturity displayed by those top ten guys in the A main and the show they put on for those of us standing on the sidelines.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #186
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Things get through other forms of racing inspections all the time. Look at NASCAR. Some things get caught and some things do not. I agree with Jack, the feasibility of checking everything in the rules is not realistic. I have been a part of the rmt at other events and it is not an easy task for the crew of four and any additional help from the hosting facility. Rules in all forms of competition or sport are always pushed to the limitation as well as loopholes within them. Lets put this to rest and congrats to Ty and the hot bodies team on their win. Keep it in perspective, look at the events he has won over the last year. We should all be honored to witness the level of driving skills, mental concentration and maturity displayed by those top ten guys in the A main and the show they put on for those of us standing on the sidelines.
Amen!
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I love the sectional body design,

Don't really like the look on the car as is, but that body design could open up a lot of things. Need a cab forward look, get the cab and you're done. Need the side pods to be more or less aero, get the ones you need and you're done. Pretty cool if you ask me, though it may not happen just like that, but I sure hope that could be the case.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #188
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution03 View Post
Any word of a release date ?
we're working on it. still finalizing the instruction manual and box design. this week we already had to ammend the box so that it says "2013 ROAR National Champion". i won't quote an exact date but hopefully before the year is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
I love the sectional body design,

Don't really like the look on the car as is, but that body design could open up a lot of things. Need a cab forward look, get the cab and you're done. Need the side pods to be more or less aero, get the ones you need and you're done. Pretty cool if you ask me, though it may not happen just like that, but I sure hope that could be the case.
that's kinda part of the plan - to be able to mix and match different cabs with different sidepods. it started with me and Hara having different styling preferences - he likes the boxy high-forehead looks of the J-Concepts Punisher/Finnisher; i like the fighter jet cockpit look of the Tamiya Avante. for initial production i went with a look that's somewhat sleek and conservative but not too polarizing. who knows if we'll get to make alternate body sections because that sits on the lower end of priorities of things to do but i think it'd fun and interesting.