Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes

Old 04-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #1606
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
yeah, you can find anything on the internet. chances are he already has a bunch of 1/8" 48p pinions and can easily find more at his LHS. or he could buy every one you list and the motor you say and then you could be right and win the internet!

Not my point at all, after he's finished with speed runs it would be easy to sell a pro4 or nue motor, I'm not sure there's a huge crawler market, as I said the nue motor is 3mm shaft so all pinions would fit plus that motor is not sensored so for thrashing at full rpm it might be the better option, this is only my opinion, more then likely I'm wrong, I'm not into speed runs.

Ps if he's specifically chasing speed there's a lot to buy and I'm sure he's ready for that, it would be fun to push the envelope for sure, I think if speed was the goal there's a lot better option to this buggy, ie a specific 2wd with less drag/friction from a 4wd driveline.

Justin
Gceorrccc founding member.(Gceorrccc.com)
Jpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #1607
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones8352 View Post
This morning they're showing an eta of 4/25/14.
was showing last night until i noticed this evening back up
to 5/5

and PS to baddassrevo, Happy Soon to be BirthDay
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #1608
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pli View Post
I'm really exited about this car. Overall it looks very nice. I have per-ordered two of them and can't wait to get started building. However, there are two details on this car that I'm not super comfortable with:

1) The shock caps. Plastic and attached to ball ends to the tower. The fact that Ty instead chose to use the Alu caps from PL isn't a comforting sign. Does anyone know if the PL caps will be available for consumers or were they just one-off prototype parts? Or will, say, the Kyosho Alu caps fit maybe?

2) The wheel hexes. From reading the manual, it looks like there's no screw to keep the hex and the pin locked in place. Am I wrong? Experience from other cars with similar hexes tells me you need to be very careful every time you take off a wheel or that pin will easily fall out and go missing. Maybe not exactly a major issue, but potentially very annoying.

Of course, time will tell if any of these concerns are real issues. I hope not.
The Pro line caps are one-off parts for Ty. Don't think proline will be producing them in the future.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #1609
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Summers View Post
was showing last night until i noticed this evening back up
to 5/5
I think at this point you might be able to guess close, but we have to remember that there can be delays. I have seen large hobby shipments verified to be docked, but customs had an issue on this or they needed clarification on that. I have also seen shipments clear so fast it was like customs never even looked at it. I just don't want to see too much stock put in a retailer's estimate and have a hitch somewhere in the process.
Jakesterama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #1610
Tech Master

Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #1611
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
I don't care, cause i will do just speed racing runs on this!

I only care for 2 shorty with just a little to almost no mods for 4s And i think it's possible to think outside the box with this one... 3 metal gear diff's like an 1/8 Long time for a 1/10 come this way!
The sadle or the shorty batery option is a must for everyone into racing or bashing and for the speed guys maybe 2 shortys... hein?

Racer's will start to make flames cause of my post now... i know! :P

Problem for me is finding a 4s capable motor that fits in that stock 540 size space. LOL!
I would think there are better options out there for a speed run car than this...(but I'm not trying to stop you...)

From the looks of the photos you should be able to run two shorty packs... you'll need an extra shorty battery strap, and you'll need to drill the mounting hole for it in the left side of the chassis... you'd be running the motor on the front right, so you would be limited to a 3650 motor size...

The esc may end up needing to be mounted to the chassis top plate (maybe right behind/infront of the center diff.)
But this motor should do great for 4s.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m06-car-3650-2230.html
erevo1*16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:46 AM   #1612
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm1 View Post
Not my point at all, after he's finished with speed runs it would be easy to sell a pro4 or nue motor, I'm not sure there's a huge crawler market, as I said the nue motor is 3mm shaft so all pinions would fit plus that motor is not sensored so for thrashing at full rpm it might be the better option, this is only my opinion, more then likely I'm wrong, I'm not into speed runs.

Ps if he's specifically chasing speed there's a lot to buy and I'm sure he's ready for that, it would be fun to push the envelope for sure, I think if speed was the goal there's a lot better option to this buggy, ie a specific 2wd with less drag/friction from a 4wd driveline.

Justin
One thing for sure... for me never 2wd driveline! No even a single one! I can't stand 2wd bigger then mini-z's, but that's just me.

All i want was a 1/10 4wd buggy for speed runs and since today 04-2014 i never saw one that could be the one in anything less then 4s!
Neither:
-B44's Associated
-DEX's Team Durango
-Losi
-Serpent
-Xray
Whatever they all use sadle packs, 2s (7.4v)

For motors thanks to you all and the internet i already found a bunch of fitable motors. For The Neu/Lhener/Plettenberg's/Leomotion motors i do not have the budget for it now! So maybe a Leopard Motor or that TEKIN crawlers motors, since they are just like normal motors...i like the Team Trinity 4xs ones to... on site says 4s max, but on box's says 3s max.... hum....

Anyway the crawling mode is the ESC in that mode, right?

And i am glad i am not the only one who see's that a 2 shorty lipos can fit with very little effort on the d413!

For who doesn't know me, i can say i drive safe 2 mini rc with 4s, a Losi mini8 and a Kyosho Mini Inferno. And they are still alive and drivable for the way i drive my rc's....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-Losi mini8 4s with a Neu!

+ YouTube Video

-Signature Kyosho Mini Inferno 4s with a Leopard!

I hope the 2 shorty lipos will fit... then i can start my own thing on this racer heritage d413 thing that could work very well for the speed junkies outhere....

And i do not like touring cars... cause of debris and asphalt holes on normal places i cand find, so buggy's for speeds and general fun only! :P But that's just me!

Thank you all!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-05-2014 at 04:04 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #1613
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why would you suggest 2wd to someone who's only doing speed runs? That's just asking for trouble. They can't drive to save their lives, that's why they do it.
hairless_ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #1614
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

That guy needs to stick with Traxxas.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #1615
Tech Apprentice

no idea on the proline caps im afraid and no the pins arnt captive on the hexes. on mine i put a small drop of thread lock on the pin before inserting it, it doesnt lock the pin but holds it enough so it doesnt fall out

Quote:
I'm really exited about this car. Overall it looks very nice. I have per-ordered two of them and can't wait to get started building. However, there are two details on this car that I'm not super comfortable with:

1) The shock caps. Plastic and attached to ball ends to the tower. The fact that Ty instead chose to use the Alu caps from PL isn't a comforting sign. Does anyone know if the PL caps will be available for consumers or were they just one-off prototype parts? Or will, say, the Kyosho Alu caps fit maybe?

2) The wheel hexes. From reading the manual, it looks like there's no screw to keep the hex and the pin locked in place. Am I wrong? Experience from other cars with similar hexes tells me you need to be very careful every time you take off a wheel or that pin will easily fall out and go missing. Maybe not exactly a major issue, but potentially very annoying.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #1616
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That guy needs to stick with Traxxas.
Nah man! Thanks! Traxxas for me is only for small bash!
They are all plastic, you know? Plastic is good to trow in the bushes, and for mud/water!! It doesn't rust!!

I got the e-revos 1/16 & 1/10 and only use them for small bashing sessions only on 2s and 4s.... you know... it's ridiculous trying to drive traxxas rc... it goes anywhere excpet straight! But with the right upgrades (minimal) on the right spot's they are ok! Out of the box it's just plastic, on second pack it get trims/glitchs/clearances all over the place!

I prefer doing speed racing runs on something a little better, you know? That actually don't strip diff's doing speed racing runs like on a run!

And i love to make non rc people open their mouth looking around and jumping with a bucket of questions...specially if it's gas/nitro rc's! Cause they don't listen the noise and see them moving like rockets!

Either way... i do not make only a one pass speed run... youtube is full of that!

What i actually do is empty the pack doing that and that's the way i drive my rc's!... And i guess i love doing it! It's a challenge doing those speeds and empty the pack with motor warm & ESC on end!

And happilly i got a B44.1 with 2s saddle packs!

B44.1 is from your world! (the track racers)
Nothing wrong in there... i just want more speed out of it... and the D413 could fit the bill. just that!

And i am not a Traxxas Fan boy, allright?

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-05-2014 at 09:52 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #1617
Tech Addict

Quote:

1) the PL caps were designed by me but produced by PL as a favor. they were made for the Worlds just for extra insurance. the plastic caps work well but i suppose for heavy crashers it may pose problems. HB will release aluminum caps that work in conjunction with new shock upper mounts. the PL ones that Ty is currently using is made to fit over Kyosho mounts.

2) i put some black grease on the pin before installing it. the grease causes it to stick in place. i tried thread lock before and that works too but be very careful how much you put on - if you put too much it'll be extremely difficult to remove. if you opt with thread lock just put a tiny dab at the ends and make sure it doesn't come near the axle.