Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sc10 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default sc10 4x4

my truck seems to have a steering problem. it runs straight and gradually as soon as i start it up but as i run it i have to adjust the steering trim until its almost all the way to the left.. i am confused as to why this is happening. everything is stock on the truck. it was the pre built sc10 4x4
Old 07-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banditstpk
my truck seems to have a steering problem. it runs straight and gradually as soon as i start it up but as i run it i have to adjust the steering trim until its almost all the way to the left.. i am confused as to why this is happening. everything is stock on the truck. it was the pre built sc10 4x4
Hmmm, sounds like a possible stripped servo horn. Or maybe a couple of teeth in the servo could be stripped and the servo is "jumping". Pull out your servo and have a look at it and the servo horn and see if there is any damage.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Hmmm, sounds like a possible stripped servo horn. Or maybe a couple of teeth in the servo could be stripped and the servo is "jumping". Pull out your servo and have a look at it and the servo horn and see if there is any damage.
Take caution. Getting to and maintaing the servo is the biggest headache with the SC10 4x4. It was one of the reasons I didn't hold onto mine for long.

Can you maybe post a video of what you are experiencing? I kind of got confused with how you worded it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Devigili22

Can you maybe post a video of what you are experiencing? I kind of got confused with how you worded it.
the video would end up being as long as my battery fully charged.. its not a quick thing that happens.

it steers and rolls straight from the start of the fresh battery then gradually over a good amount of time as i'm running it, the truck starts to pull to the right(not drastically just enough that it wont stay straight when leading up to a jump) so i have to adjust the steering trim to correct it until its almost all the way to the left