Is stadium truck dead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is stadium truck dead?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but even after two decades of ST existing, they still don't have their own class in the IFMAR world Championships.

I'd expect SC to fall the same way.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

show me one 2.2 truck outdoor square pin tire like an enduro or blockade... they would make a killing.

one tire that i have been meaning to try out the is the HPI ground assault in soft.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My T4 is often mistaken for a Rustler. In fact the hobby stores near me barely sell Associated parts. If it is something used on the SC10, it is available but otherwise, ST is dead in MD.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Prophet

I dont know why ST would not be more popular at indoor tracks around the states though they run pretty good on them with close racing.

They just looked good running out on the track i had to get one. I like that you can get tires for cheaper on the ST and they last longer than the SC tires.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but even after two decades of ST existing, they still don't have their own class in the IFMAR world Championships.

And they never will. It will always be 2wd & 4wd for Worlds.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong

Honesty i never cared what IFMAR or Roar races run it because it doesnt reflect on what shows up to race at local tracks there all diffrent classes that show up.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've been trying to get it going at our local track this year. I was pretty tired of SC and wanted something else but I'm a truck guy so a bought a Durango ST. We've had enough for a class every week. I think our biggest turnout was 7 and the lowest may have been a 3 but that was very early in the season. Racers are at least talking about them around here. One thing is for sure...I do prefer driving them over an SC. It also helps that our group of guys are pretty clean...we give each other plenty of room on the track.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
I've been trying to get it going at our local track this year. I was pretty tired of SC and wanted something else but I'm a truck guy so a bought a Durango ST. We've had enough for a class every week. I think our biggest turnout was 7 and the lowest may have been a 3 but that was very early in the season. Racers are at least talking about them around here. One thing is for sure...I do prefer driving them over an SC. It also helps that our group of guys are pretty clean...we give each other plenty of room on the track.

Well it is constant and growing at my local indoor track so thats good its getting talked about around in PA. I dont mind driving 2wd SC and 4x4 SC outdoors and indoor racing. But i like to try out the ST class again the trucks have inproved from years ago to make them easy to drive and jump better.

Outdoor tracks its going to be hard seeing a ST class with many of the tracks are 1/8 scale at least around me exception Trains and Lanes.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I believe ST is starting to make a come back with the release of the T4.2, than the Kyosho will be releasing the RT6 later this year or next year. At my track, on Saturdays there is usually a steady class of about 5-6 racers. I hope it can come back, it is one of my favorite classes
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well it is constant and growing at my local indoor track so thats good its getting talked about around in PA. I dont mind driving 2wd SC and 4x4 SC outdoors and indoor racing. But i like to try out the ST class again the trucks have inproved from years ago to make them easy to drive and jump better.

Outdoor tracks its going to be hard seeing a ST class with many of the tracks are 1/8 scale at least around me exception Trains and Lanes.
Pit Stop (Mount Joy, PA) is a small 1/10 scale track - perfect for ST. But yes, most tracks around here are 1/8-sized and way too big for ST.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

At my local track during weekly club races ST is dead as can be. I only see them at trophy races or the once a month summer travel series.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trick25
nope. its making a come back in a lots of area. IMO short course almost killed clean racing. and im for one glad its coming back.

only thing i wish is someone made a medium square pin outdoor tire for the 2.2 truck.
+1 to this, I would love a Blockade ST tire. or an Enduro for ST.
Originally Posted by scoob
So Losi didn't discontinue the 22t? That's great if true. I heard a friend say that they did.

A couple thing I've noticed. There used to be a ton of ST tires to choose from in my day and there aren't anymore.

The worst thing I've noticed is, while practicing at my track the other day with my old T4 I was the only ST I saw the whole day. A couple of newb racers asked me "is that a Rustler?". They had never seen a real ST before.
let me clear the air, Losi is discontinuing the current 22T READY TO RUN!!!

PEOPLE, this is the second forum i have been on where some guy goes and runs his mouth that the 22 buggy or 22 st is Discontinued; its the RTR's that are going in the sh_tter. their will more then likely be an RTC variant
Old 07-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

St is a hit or miss class around here. I too wish it would make a comeback as I've got my x-60 st just waiting for the class to get big again.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dead.

Killed off by 2wd SC. Only see them at big regional races.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Thats ashame because ST trucks handle so much better than 2wd Sc .

Short Course trucks get more marking also with the full size trucks on tv etc . So it makes sense .

ST truck kits even RTR are not that much more expensive than Short Course truck kits or RTR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.