R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #76
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

From Mario Hudy on the Team Xray Forum:

Quote:
The XB9E body is in production and should be available shortly. Meanwhile the 808E with some small modification around the battery area will fit.
Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #77
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
One European RC shop has listed Proline Bulldog for HB D812 (#PL3399-00) as direct fit for XB9e.
From SvenRu on the Team Xray Forum regarding the D812 body:

Quote:
The Proline Bulldog for the HB D812 which is recommended by Hudy/Xray does NOT fit. To wide, collides with the batteries and to long.
Sounds like it might fit with some modifications but certainly no direct fit unfortunately

Bent
Old 07-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Posted by Mario Hudy on Team Xray Forum:

Quote:
Here some photos how standard 808E body fits with no modification on the XB9E when standard LiPo batteries are used. With the extra large battery pack which is larger a bit of the front of body might need modification.

Bent
Old 07-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #79
Tech Adept

Really dissapointed with this car! You are selling a car that you cant use beacuse there isnt a body. i have that car on bacorder at my local hobby shop so i cant change my mind and dont buy it. Xray must to inform about what aftermarket body can we adapt. Somebody told that the ftw night fox for the xb9 is a nice fit, can anyone confrim that using a 2x2s configuration
thanks
FUTABA 9353 HV
KO PROPO KIY
patxeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #80
Tech Champion

or use this

The way Xray releases this buggy is weird, I have to agree with that but the quality should be there

I have a little regret concerning the motor mount though, I wish they used four M4 screws instead of two. The design of the mount is crucial in electric, it needs a large contact with the chassis and to allow the motor to be as close to the chassis as possible

r/c channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/flysn8k
Pulse_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Newbs, the whole lot of 'ya. It's not a beginner car, you should be able to figure out bodies by now.

The J Concepts Finisher for the Mugen Mbx6r will fit fine enough. Leave and extra 1/4" under the trim line incase your batteries are huge. Mount and cut first, paint last.

Looks like a brick pack car with most likely, the 808E width. I use velcro only on my 808E, no posts.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #82
Tech Champion

It's not about finding a body that will fit, it's about not including a body when all the other companies do. Xray isn't cheap, they should have manage it better. It wouldn't be a big deal for me but I understand some find it a little exaggerated

Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #83
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
Really dissapointed with this car! You are selling a car that you cant use beacuse there isnt a body. i have that car on bacorder at my local hobby shop so i cant change my mind and dont buy it. Xray must to inform about what aftermarket body can we adapt. Somebody told that the ftw night fox for the xb9 is a nice fit, can anyone confrim that using a 2x2s configuration
thanks
Did you read the 3 posts I just made right above yours ?!?!?

A XB9E specific body is in production and will be released shortly

Until it is released you can use the old 808E body with NO modifications.

Bent
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #84
Tech Champion

anyway, a body shouldn't be THE deciding factor to buy a car

Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #85
Tech Adept

So if the 808e body is a direct fit why they didnt include it in the box? They have super quality cnc machines and they cant make an especific chassis to us? Just a grouyer nitro chassis.... oh that the way they call excellence and exclusive... ha ha ha.
And after they release the body we are supposed to buy it and pay like 45 dollars when a proline costs half the price and is way more durable!
I use to be an xray fan but if something is weird i will recognize, not as many fan boys
it is a expensive car, and yes quality is one of the best but they arent doing a good job to the electric comunity and what i see in my country is that xray is a minority in 1/8tt nitro and also the xray 808e which i owned wasnt a very good seller, this one wont be better
FUTABA 9353 HV
KO PROPO KIY
patxeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #86
Tech Champion

they should give it for free to the guys who weren't lucky enough to have it, at least I hope so

Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #87
Tech Initiate

Does the XB9E has the same twin body clips in the rear as the XB9 ?
In the picture of the XB808E body it only has one clip.

I dont think that the XB808E body has room for twin clips.

/Micke
(Has a XB9E on order)
Bonanza73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
So if the 808e body is a direct fit why they didnt include it in the box? They have super quality cnc machines and they cant make an especific chassis to us? Just a grouyer nitro chassis.... oh that the way they call excellence and exclusive... ha ha ha.
And after they release the body we are supposed to buy it and pay like 45 dollars when a proline costs half the price and is way more durable!
I use to be an xray fan but if something is weird i will recognize, not as many fan boys
it is a expensive car, and yes quality is one of the best but they arent doing a good job to the electric comunity and what i see in my country is that xray is a minority in 1/8tt nitro and also the xray 808e which i owned wasnt a very good seller, this one wont be better
Let us know when you actually get some experience with one.

If you like the ECO then the Xray should be no problem. I sold my ECO after 3 races and went back to my 808E.

I'm still on the fence between Serpent and Xray.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll probably still buy one, but it just doesn't seem like as polished of a release for this car. The general public doesn't usually have the cars in their hands before anything is posted on teamxray.com. Not including a shell certainly isn't a deal breaker, but it's disappointing and very unexpected from XRAY. Whether accurate or not, it can give the impression that they don't really care much about this car.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #90
Tech Elite

They likely don't care. It's a car produced mainly for the American indoor market that's currently ruled by Serpent and Techno. They aren't going to sell to many, even if it is a really good car. Too new of a name in a really competitive market. Xray who? Unless it's just plain way better than anything else......

It's just too darn easy to make an E car with existing parts from nitro, so why not? That's my impression. I would have chosen the Serpent layout with the front end more spead out on a 808 width chassis.
Sponsored Links