Wiki Posts
Search

Loosing ride height.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Loosing ride height.

Will the foam compensator help with this? I loose my rear to quick.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Will the foam compensator help with this? I loose my rear to quick.
Usually changes in ride height happens when the shock loses rebound pressure. How old are your seals and shock shaft guide bushings?

Last edited by nv529; 06-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

What lol, I'm not understanding the question lol, I mean no traction on the rear!?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nv529
Usually changes in ride height happens when the shock looses rebound pressure. How old are your seals and shock shaft guide bushings?
Brand new lol.. It's happened since day one.. I set my shocks up a couple times since i noticed it, get the right rebound im looking for, get on the track and within the first heat, my rear is gone. Front is ok though.

Losi 8ight T 2.0...
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Brand new lol.. It's happened since day one..

Losi 8ight T 2.0...
Ride height shouldn't change much within a mm or 2 unless the shock is leaking oil (losing rebound pressure) or the preload collars are moving.

Last edited by nv529; 06-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nv529
or the preload collars are moving.
Hmm, that is very possible. Nothing leaking. I will check it today, i am going to get some trigger time, i will keep an eye on it.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, Im with Blitz on this one. I have no clue what hes referring to.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Yeah, Im with Blitz on this one. I have no clue what hes referring to.
He is asking why his ride height is changing after running his truggy.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I thought that was fairly obvious with the title of the topic stating "Loosing ride height" lol..

Thanks nv, i never thought to check my collars.. i get so damn pumped up that i overlook the small stuff lol..
Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I thought that was fairly obvious with the title of the topic stating "Loosing ride height" lol..

Thanks nv, i never thought to check my collars.. i get so damn pumped up that i overlook the small stuff lol..
To be fair what you meant to say was losing ride height. Loose is the opposite of tight. As in if you don't know the difference between lose and loose, you may have a screw loose in your head.

Also building a shock with rebound is not right. You want the shock to be as "dead" as possible. The threaded preload collars are how you set ride height.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
To be fair what you meant to say was losing ride height. Loose is the opposite of tight. As in if you don't know the difference between lose and loose, you may have a screw loose in your head.

Also building a shock with rebound is not right. You want the shock to be as "dead" as possible. The threaded preload collars are how you set ride height.
you should tell drake he's been doing it wrong this whole time:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Every buggy reacts differently to rebound and not all cars require it. In the 1/8th world, Kyosho, AE, and HB require 25% or less for the best consistency between rebuilds.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Typing from a phone doesn't always work out to well. I know how to set my ride height. When you run rebound, it will affect your ride height if you loose your rebound.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
+ YouTube Video
indeed indeed!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Totally intrue. Rebound is a tuning aid, that lets you change the progressive rate at which a shock is damped. I normally run a little more rebound with a progressive spring, and less or no rebound with a linear spring.

For example, if you have a very progressive spring, but static damping, the ratio between your spring rate and damping changes as the shock compresses... so all the way compressed you might end up with an under-damped shock.

And to the OP, sometimes you can lose ride height due to spring fatigue. I am not sure if that is the case with your situation, but I know when I ran my durango dex210, the durango springs were just aweful, and suffered from massive spring fatigue. Every single run the car would come off the track 1mm lower. After a day of racing, my collars would be 5 or 10 turns lower than at the beginning of the day. Changed to a different spring brand, and never saw the issue again. For example, the X-grear springs on my Kyosho... I can run the car for a month straight and ride height wont change at all.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

spring fatigue and getting flat spots on your tires are the #1 and #2 reason to always store your car on a stand.

on 1/10th scale typically you run 0 rebound, it's really only used in 1/8th scale. there are some exceptions, but very few.

1/10th scale shocks are notorious for sucking in air, leaking, etc. it all depends on brand, maintenance, etc.

Don't sweat ride height change to much, it's natural that it will happen. Just check your ride height often. I check that and camber before every qualifier and main on raceday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.