R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #1291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
I run the 2x1.7s. I am really happy with my car right now. It's almost too easy to drive.
Did you drill out a set of your own? I have a set that used to be 1.6's that I drilled out to 1.7's.
cnelson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #1292
Tech Initiate

Default Recent Reviews

Hey Guys! I was wondering if there are any recent reviews on the zx6. I'm in the market for a 1/10 4wd buggy and so far my choices are the Kyosho zx6, HB D413, and Xray XB4 4wd 2015. I'm close to completely crossing Xray off my list due to the lack of parts support here in the US, the cost of replacement parts (2 x Kyosho), and the lack of off road racing pedigree. Can anyone compare these three buggies? What do you consider the pros and cons of the the zx6?
logiqal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #1293
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColourGhost View Post
Hi Kyosho dudes.

I run the hb d413 and i'm a little tired of the shocks. I go Emulsion, and they build up rebound (suck in air) extremely fast. I use the kyosho x-rings and green slime and all, but after 2 batteries they have 100 % rebound (starting from zero).
I know the Kyosho's are silky smooth, so do you also have to let out air every 2 batteries to have them all "dead" (zero rebound) ?
If built right, they will last forever.
Jared Tebo Products
Tony Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #1294
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
I run the 2x1.7s. I am really happy with my car right now. It's almost too easy to drive.
Are you running the 2x1.7s all around? What oils are you running?
Hollywood_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #1295
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ok, so I'm setting up my buggy with the BB shocks and I'm wondering if you guys have tried other springs such as Losi, AE, Avid etc and are they the same length as the stock Kyosho springs? currently I only have AE, but for some reason, I can't get my ride height correct. I run out of threads on top of the shock body. I'm using AE springs of similar rate to Kyosho gold springs. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
joel45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #1296
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel45acp View Post
ok, so I'm setting up my buggy with the BB shocks and I'm wondering if you guys have tried other springs such as Losi, AE, Avid etc and are they the same length as the stock Kyosho springs? currently I only have AE, but for some reason, I can't get my ride height correct. I run out of threads on top of the shock body. I'm using AE springs of similar rate to Kyosho gold springs. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
If you can't make ride height, then the spring is probably too short...
Brian C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #1297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_26 View Post
Are you running the 2x1.7s all around? What oils are you running?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Feb%202015.pdf
Old 02-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #1298
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Thanks Kevin!
Hollywood_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 AM   #1299
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiqal View Post
Hey Guys! I was wondering if there are any recent reviews on the zx6. I'm in the market for a 1/10 4wd buggy and so far my choices are the Kyosho zx6, HB D413, and Xray XB4 4wd 2015. I'm close to completely crossing Xray off my list due to the lack of parts support here in the US, the cost of replacement parts (2 x Kyosho), and the lack of off road racing pedigree. Can anyone compare these three buggies? What do you consider the pros and cons of the the zx6?
I think parts support for all of the higher end 4wd buggy's is lacking. You may as well take the D413 off of your list too if you're looking at parts support....Or just wait until the parts are back in stock and order as many as humanly possible
Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #1300
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiqal View Post
I cannot comment on the other cars since I have only driven the zx6. Thinking back on what I have purchased I don't think I have purchased any must have items to make it more durable. Instead, I purchased extra items for tuning such as springs and sway bars.

You will always get people that say buy the usual stuff, arms, caster blocks, knuckles, rear hubs, etc. But if you are lucky enough to have a store which has a track look at the spare parts hanging on the walls. Then you can decide if you need to buy all of that extra stuff to carry around with you.

As for how the car drives, well I believe any car that is setup for your driving style will be good for you. Right now I like how my car drives.

I started out many years ago racing foam tires on carpet so I like cars with plenty of steering and I have that with my car. I could probably get that with the other cars you mentioned but I am not going to buy them and try and do that. I feel, for the price I paid for my cars to be worth it and any failures that I have are because of my lack of abilities.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help but maybe someone will get some information out of my soapbox rant.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #1301
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shameless link to my for sale thread

Kyosho ZX6 roller + Team Orion 5.5 VST2 PRO
Old 02-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #1302
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeasor View Post
I think parts support for all of the higher end 4wd buggy's is lacking. You may as well take the D413 off of your list too if you're looking at parts support....Or just wait until the parts are back in stock and order as many as humanly possible
Thanks for your feedback. I was able to find parts online for the zx6 without an issue. Im leaning towards kyosho.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #1303
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I cannot comment on the other cars since I have only driven the zx6. Thinking back on what I have purchased I don't think I have purchased any must have items to make it more durable. Instead, I purchased extra items for tuning such as springs and sway bars.

You will always get people that say buy the usual stuff, arms, caster blocks, knuckles, rear hubs, etc. But if you are lucky enough to have a store which has a track look at the spare parts hanging on the walls. Then you can decide if you need to buy all of that extra stuff to carry around with you.

As for how the car drives, well I believe any car that is setup for your driving style will be good for you. Right now I like how my car drives.

I started out many years ago racing foam tires on carpet so I like cars with plenty of steering and I have that with my car. I could probably get that with the other cars you mentioned but I am not going to buy them and try and do that. I feel, for the price I paid for my cars to be worth it and any failures that I have are because of my lack of abilities.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help but maybe someone will get some information out of my soapbox rant.
I appreciate your feedback. I currently have an rb6 and that also has plenty of steering.

Last edited by logiqal; 02-11-2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #1304
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Ok so Ive had my ZX6 for a few weeks now and Ive tried a few different things and Im debating going back to the kit setup again but basically the car is very 'floaty'. That's the best way I can describe it really. Having just coming from the 22-4 I felt that car was very forgiving to drive and very planted where my zx6 is very edgy and active. The surface I race on is a medium to high traction and its wet. Low pin M4 or m4 slicks.

What would adding more rear toe to? My toe block inserts are stock right now (D in D out) What about B in F out?
Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #1305
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

I would try Tebo's CRCRC Setup and and go with his shock setup from the Reedy Race.
Team Orion Pro Carbon 100C Batteries
motorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote