R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 11-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #1111
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorfinger View Post
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some gear diffs for my ZX5 transformation to a ZX6 and there was a link to a video on here that seems to not be working any more. Is there any tips I should know about building the diffs or does someone have a link to the video. Also what are some diff oil recommendations to start with. I run on a med/high traction track.
I switched to the gear diffs when I first got the car. I started with 5kf and 3kr and it had way to much turn in. I ended up at 10kf and 7kr. The track I race on is a large outdoor track that can get loose and rough for 1/10th scale buggies. The gear diffs are pretty straight forward. I did use bearings (5 x 8 x 2.5) instead of the plastic bushings supplied with the gear diffs. Here is the link for the petitrc info on the gear diff. http://petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setu...BuildGearDiff/
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #1112
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some gear diffs for my ZX5 transformation to a ZX6 and there was a link to a video on here that seems to not be working any more. Is there any tips I should know about building the diffs or does someone have a link to the video. Also what are some diff oil recommendations to start with. I run on a med/high traction track.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...BuildGearDiff/
hloland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #1113
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post
That's great, I was going to install the setup this weekend. What tires work at ur track?
I was using proline suburb rear and proline scrub front in x2 all day. But this tebo setup feels like it will be a good base setup and work in many conditions.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #1114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:

This one?

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...BuildGearDiff/
Old 12-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #1115

Trader Rating: 462 (100%+)

Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow....I should have never sold my 1st one. Can't wait! I am going right to the gear diffs with 5/5. Does anyone make Carbon shock towers for the car?

Matt
Old 12-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #1116
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow....I should have never sold my 1st one. Can't wait! I am going right to the gear diffs with 5/5. Does anyone make Carbon shock towers for the car?

Matt
Bezerk RC. Look them up on Facebook.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #1117

Trader Rating: 462 (100%+)

Just did...Didn't see anything on F.book or online
Old 12-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #1118
Tech Adept

https://m.facebook.com/BezerkRc?refs...com%2FBezerkRc
Old 12-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #1119
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posvar View Post

Matt
I was abusing my moderator permission's looking at the 44.3 thread. Seems as though the current rumor is that the 44.3 guys are running a center gear diff and ball diffs. Silly rumor's.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #1120
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

Has anyone tried to put light diff fluid in the front than the rear? Lets say like 3k or 5k in the front and 5k or 7k in the rear.
Team Orion Pro Carbon 100C Batteries
motorfinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #1121
Tech Addict

Anybody else have trouble with the cvd pin at the axles backing out? I've been putting loctite on the grub screws but the pin works passed the screw. Its getting more frequent. When the pin backs out, the grub screw is still tight. Seems about every 4 runs I have one back out. I'm keeping the cvd's greased. I check before each run but it still happens. I thought about putting a flat spot on the pin at the grub screw but am afraid of weakening it. May be the solution though.

When the pin backs out, ugly things happen. I have destroyed caster blocks, a swing shaft and a couple of king pin screws.
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #1122
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER View Post
Anybody else have trouble with the cvd pin at the axles backing out? I've been putting loctite on the grub screws but the pin works passed the screw. Its getting more frequent. When the pin backs out, the grub screw is still tight. Seems about every 4 runs I have one back out. I'm keeping the cvd's greased. I check before each run but it still happens. I thought about putting a flat spot on the pin at the grub screw but am afraid of weakening it. May be the solution though.

When the pin backs out, ugly things happen. I have destroyed caster blocks, a swing shaft and a couple of king pin screws.
I haven't had this happen yet.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #1123
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:

Try replacing the set screw as these can go bad sometimes.

Another alternative, if I understand your problem correctly, is to apply some heat shrink to that area for added protection. I don't know if it will always stay on but it might help.

The other thing too, that I can think of, is maybe you have a wheel that is really out of balance. This condition can cause excessive vibration through the drive line and that set screw just can't take it anymore.

Report back what you find in case someone else has this problem too.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #1124
Tech Initiate

Location: South Coast RC Ministry of Propaganda, Dorset, England

Quote:

On the rear CVDs you can use heatshrink tube like others have said but I find it doesn't stay on the fronts due to the steering lock.

I bulletproof all my Kyosho CVDs (RB6 and ZX5) by grinding a flat on the pin where the grub screw goes, and I also clean them carefully with brake cleaner before reassembly to really make sure the Loctite does its job (you should clean the grub screw as well).

Also I don't grease the CVD during assembly, it just contaminates the Loctite and you can do this 24 hours later after it sets using spray grease or something similar. Plus I change the heatshrink every week. Hope this helps
HOTSHOT III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #1125
Tech Adept

love my zx-6!
Dalton98 is offline   Reply With Quote