R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts


LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)


Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #706
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,798
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post
Yes but reduces side bite. Everything is a trade off.
Got it, have u tried the rb6 arms yet?
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors:
My Credit Card
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #707
tef
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroargi View Post
In most of the ZX6 I have seen so far it seems that regular size servo is the way to do...why is that? Does it balance the car better?

Yeah but in all honesty some shorty servos are heavier then full size so i look at that as much as torque/speed
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors Kyosho America*O.S. Engines*TrakPower*Pro-Line Racing*Futaba*O'Donnell fuel*Team Scream Racing
tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #708
tef
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post
Got it, have u tried the rb6 arms yet?

To be honest I was ready to throw them on last night but the car was great with flat arms. I have a setup in my head to incorporate them in which im going to try soon.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors Kyosho America*O.S. Engines*TrakPower*Pro-Line Racing*Futaba*O'Donnell fuel*Team Scream Racing
tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #709
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,798
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post
To be honest I was ready to throw them on last night but the car was great with flat arms. I have a setup in my head to incorporate them in which im going to try soon.
Great keep us posted. Thanks for the info.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors:
My Credit Card
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #710
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post
To be honest I was ready to throw them on last night but the car was great with flat arms. I have a setup in my head to incorporate them in which im going to try soon.
I tried the RB6 arms car was dialed but suffers big time with chassis slapping and it Jumps very unpredictable mid air. With RB6 gal wing arm and rear motor setup is no bueno their is just way too much load on the rear when it lands. I will be moving the motor up front and keep the RB6 rear arm this should make the buggy more predictable when up in the air.
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #711
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I知 running RB6 arms all the way forward and I知 loving it. The car jumps very nice and I have more than enough steering. I知 running saddles with a stiffer setup with 40 with 3x1.4 gold up front and 35 with 2x1.6 gold rear. At first I was running the front sway bar but was getting an odd yet predictable mid corner push. Removing the bar resolved the push for me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZX6 Sheet 8-6-14.pdf (455.1 KB, 174 views)
__________________
Jeremy Clark

RB6 for Mid, ZX6 and an untold number of Axial crawlers for family fun...
Arcain41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #712
tef
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I tried the RB6 arms car was dialed but suffers big time with chassis slapping and it Jumps very unpredictable mid air. With RB6 gal wing arm and rear motor setup is no bueno their is just way too much load on the rear when it lands. I will be moving the motor up front and keep the RB6 rear arm this should make the buggy more predictable when up in the air.

They make sense on a saddle setup to me. The only thing I can see is it will come out of the corner flatter if you can get it squared up. Buggy is close out of the box at my home track (RC Excitement) so im just going to work on fine tuning it from here. I do like the idea of removing the front sway, its on my list of things to try.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors Kyosho America*O.S. Engines*TrakPower*Pro-Line Racing*Futaba*O'Donnell fuel*Team Scream Racing
tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #713
Tech Elite
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,134
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcain41 View Post
I知 running RB6 arms all the way forward and I知 loving it. The car jumps very nice and I have more than enough steering. I知 running saddles with a stiffer setup with 40 with 3x1.4 gold up front and 35 with 2x1.6 gold rear. At first I was running the front sway bar but was getting an odd yet predictable mid corner push. Removing the bar resolved the push for me.
Nice,

You should have come out last night, The old 5 is still getting it done. LOL.

I'll get that 6 soon enough though.
__________________
J.Mikoliczyk

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #714
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'll be there this Friday. Hope to see you there and I'll try to keep up.
__________________
Jeremy Clark

RB6 for Mid, ZX6 and an untold number of Axial crawlers for family fun...
Arcain41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #715
Tech Adept
 
Zylux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 116
Default

Raced / drove the zx6 for the first time on Sunday. Frantically threw ballast into it to get it to min weight (1613g?. The photo below is from the tech inspection; talk about cutting it fine! Lol . Had to share this photo. Lucky I didn't use up too much rubber.




I won't go into how the car drove because I've only been driving for a couple of months and this was my first time driving a 4wd and i had no practise with the zx6 prior to racing, but I thought it drove great. Lots of steering (which I like) and jumped really well. The race was an annual throphy race with drivers from all over the state / country. My front drive shaft popped out in qualifying and didn't make the A main but won the B main (11th overall from 35 entries). Very happy.
__________________
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Mugen MBX7E
Zylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #716
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,172
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Wow mine is like 1750 with a short pack and no weight.
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #717
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,196
Trader Rating: 309 (100%+)
Default

I know car just came out, how's the durability? Zx5 I kept breaking.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #718
Tech Adept
 
Zylux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Wow mine is like 1750 with a short pack and no weight.
Yeah, it came out to 1554g with an smc3500 shorty. Corner weights as per my photo a couple of pages ago.

I'm running stock class in Australia which is 17.5 so figured lighter is better (but I think lighter is better even for mod) .
__________________
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Mugen MBX7E
Zylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #719
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylux View Post
Raced / drove the zx6 for the first time on Sunday. Frantically threw ballast into it to get it to min weight (1613g?. The photo below is from the tech inspection; talk about cutting it fine! Lol . Had to share this photo. Lucky I didn't use up too much rubber.




I won't go into how the car drove because I've only been driving for a couple of months and this was my first time driving a 4wd and i had no practise with the zx6 prior to racing, but I thought it drove great. Lots of steering (which I like) and jumped really well. The race was an annual throphy race with drivers from all over the state / country. My front drive shaft popped out in qualifying and didn't make the A main but won the B main (11th overall from 35 entries). Very happy.

Australian weight limit is 1600g last time I checked, so you can shave a bit more.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:46 AM   #720
Tech Adept
 
Zylux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Australian weight limit is 1600g last time I checked, so you can shave a bit more.
Awesome. Thanks.

Not sure where I read 1613. I was actually thinking it was a weird number to choose as a weight limit!

Guess I'll remove some more ballast and maybe add some functional weight in the way of a cooling fan for the motor.
__________________
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Mugen MBX7E
Zylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net