Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

You're on Page 37 of 151
Go to
  • I have an issue with the ball cup hitting the top of the servo stopping the stoke and therefore not allowing full lock when turning left.
    No doubt it's something I have done just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I've done wrong?

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_1913.jpg   Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_1912.jpg   Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_1914.jpg  

• Quote: I have an issue with the ball cup hitting the top of the servo stopping the stoke and therefore not allowing full lock when turning left.
    No doubt it's something I have done just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I've done wrong?
    The only thing that I can think off is ur using the wrong ball stud.
  • I thought the same so pulled it all apart (twice) to check.
    I am at a loss so I just trimmed a bit of the ball cup (similar to what you do with the RB6) to give me that extra ~1mm and now I get the full throw so I'm happy
  • Are you sure your servo arm is perpendicular at center?
  • Quote: That's one beefy tower. Where did it break
    Top right corner came off on the diagonal cartwheeled of a jump n the tower found ground first no other damage though for such a big hit
  • anyone else noticed an excessive amount of bump steer on the front?

convinced i've built it wrong but struggling to see what.
  • Quote: Are you sure your servo arm is perpendicular at center?
    Yep it is, just really strange like I said it was only at most 1mm not even when I think about what I trimmed off.
  • Quote: anyone else noticed an excessive amount of bump steer on the front?

The picture tebo just posted of his production ZX6 has a 2mm shim under the outside steering knuckle. It does have a ton of bump steer and this shim will reduce the amount.
  • Bump steer
    Quote: anyone else noticed an excessive amount of bump steer on the front?

The picture tebo just posted of his production ZX6 has a 2mm shim under the outside steering knuckle. It does have a ton of bump steer and this shim will reduce the amount.
  • Quote: The hub carrier has a little bit more material top and bottom on the "6" the king pin screws sit in a recess top and bottom
    nice. Thanks! Still have to shave the control arms to allow full steering lock and full droop?
  • With the kit set up you will not need to shave the arms at all. I guess running more droop than the kit set up suggest will be unnecessary but if you do increase the droop the arms will need a dremel for clearance.
  • Quote: The picture tebo just posted of his production ZX6 has a 2mm shim under the outside steering knuckle. It does have a ton of bump steer and this shim will reduce the amount.
    thanks. missed that.

added the bump steer spacer. smooths out the steering nicely.
  • Quote: I have an issue with the ball cup hitting the top of the servo stopping the stoke and therefore not allowing full lock when turning left.
    Do you have a KO servo to test? Sometimes the servo cases are too big?
    Move the servo back. Use no shims. Or dremil a little off the mount to move the servo back. Or you can run rotate the servo horn on the other direction.
  • I'm using a ko RSX2 response with no issues. I also have the mount with the 2mm spacer in between.