Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: alex4r
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts (* = required to update ZX6 to ZX6.6 platform)

LA359B - Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)*
LA375 - Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)*
LA375-01 - Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 - Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 - Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)*
LA377 - Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)* (x2)
LA378 - Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)*
LA379 - Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)*
LAW54B-01 - HD Chassis*
LA355B - Side guard set*
UM713B - Rear Arms (from RB6)*
UM561 - Outer rear hinge pins*
LA236-12B - 1.2mm Front sway bar*
LA351B 4-hole front shock tower*

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals

Lazer ZX6.6
Lazer ZX6

After Market Bodies

JConcepts Silencer

Weight Reduction options for 13.5 Class

Chassis:
UMW711B - Carbon composite rear arms
LAW60 - Carbon composite front upper bulkhead
LAW61 - Carbon composite rear upper bulkhead
LAW52 - Carbon composite front chassis brace
LAW53 - Carbon composite rear chassis brace
LA209HB - Carbon composite gear boxes (pinion bearing retainer & upper gearbox half only, lower half not compatible/saves 4.6g total)
Driveline:
LA211B - Plastic drive cups for center drive shafts coming out of front & rear gear boxes (requires drilling two holes for set screws to secure LA379)
TFW001 - Aluminum blade style outdrives (for ball diff/requires TF013)
LA202 - Aluminum pinion shafts (for ball diff)
TFW126 - VVC outdrives (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
TFW008 - VVC cross pins (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
Misc:
LAB06LW - LW Blade body
SK0402 - Ti screw set (Available at Lunsfordracing.com)
PTK-T-2111 - Ti screw set (cheaper, slightly less durable option)
LNS7765 - Ti ball studs
LNS2688 - Ti Turnbuckles
LNS36107 - Ti Turnbuckles (super duty)
W0201H - Hard anodized lower shock balls
1-N3024A-R - Aluminum M3x2.4 nuts (for shock standoffs)
1-N3033NA-R - Aluminum M3x3.3 locknuts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

no gull wing arms either
Old 05-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
Is it just me, or does the "front motor configuration" seem a little odd. Here's my point:
You have the two heaviest pieces;the motor and the battery, mounted diagnally from each other. So it looks like the left rear would have more weight on it than the right rear. And the right front would have more weight on it than the left front.
It just seems like the "rear motor configuration" would be more balanced.
Thoughts?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Is it just me, or does the "front motor configuration" seem a little odd. Here's my point:
You have the two heaviest pieces;the motor and the battery, mounted diagnally from each other. So it looks like the left rear would have more weight on it than the right rear. And the right front would have more weight on it than the left front.
It just seems like the "rear motor configuration" would be more balanced.
Thoughts?
think the front motor is to allow saddle config, so its roar legal.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Old 05-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
I would bet somewhere between $500-600.
preorder quotes were 46000-47000 Yen, so on the SOUTH side of US$500 surprisingly

like $460
Old 05-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default zx6 running gear

Hi, I would be curious to hear opinions on whether the running gear of the ZX6 in the photos is really the best available in todays market?

It looks like just a basic center slipper assembly in the photo?

Can a basic center slipper car compete with a car that has a center gear diff?

I am a Kyosho guy, I have - 2x RB6, ZX5 fs2 sp and SC6, was looking to upgrade the Zx5, but aren't yet really convinced that the ZX6 is going to do it.

I ask these questions to learn more about the best types of running gear arrangements in 4x4 1/10 buggies.?

Cheers.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I like u also run an rb6, rt6 and this was on my list to get! I ended up buying the d413. I love this car and all the cool features it has. I don't want to write this car off yet but it seems behind the ball alittle.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
think the front motor is to allow saddle config, so its roar legal.
That makes sense
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi, I would be curious to hear opinions on whether the running gear of the ZX6 in the photos is really the best available in todays market?

It looks like just a basic center slipper assembly in the photo?

I am a Kyosho guy, I have - 2x RB6, ZX5 fs2 sp and SC6, was looking to upgrade the Zx5, but aren't yet really convinced that the ZX6 is going to do it.

I ask these questions to learn more about the best types of running gear arrangements in 4x4 1/10 buggies.?

Cheers.
It can't compete bc one car brand has a center diff? I don't get the rational...
Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

some of the parts in some of the photos on rcnews look like they are 3D printed. like the battery strap and the bracing that goes from bulkheads down to chassis.

makes me wonder if these are some prototype parts.

I'm going to guess that a full top deck will be an option. if not from Kyosho, then from a 3rd party..

http://www.rcnews.net/2014/05/09/kyo...x6-4wd-photos/

Last edited by 4WDriver; 05-10-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Current 4wd world champion used a "basic center slipper car".

Originally Posted by t8rtot
It can't compete b/c one car brand has a center diff? I don't get the rational...
Exactly.

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 06-29-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wasn't trying to say that a center skipper car can't or couldnt compete-it might be the best option for all I know.
I am trying to learn more about the dynamics of the center drive area configurations.

If I think about what happens when 1x end of the car has less traction than the other end it seems that it would make sense to have a center diff to allow the end of the car that still has grip - consistent power ( not power that is effeceted by whats happening on the car end without traction).
But as our friend says - the world champ runs a center slipper.

UOTE=t8rtot;13252254]It can't compete bc one car brand has a center diff? I don't get the rational...[/QUOTE]
Old 05-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

You bring up a good point Dragobrat but in essence isn't this how traction control works on real cars? If one end is slipping then power is reduced to that end but maintained on the other end. Maybe only on the luxury brands this is how it works?

If you had a gear diff in the middle it seems like it would act just like 1/8th scale and 1/10th some 4x4 S.C. vehicles. Maybe these are not heavy enough to take full advantage of the center gear diff? I have never owned a vehicle with a center differential (ball or gear) to know how to comment on that. Perhaps someone could chime in?
Old 05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

An open differential which is what the vast majority of rc cars will use offer no locking function (hence open), so when one end of the car loses traction through too much power being applied, the drive is diverted along the route of least resistance.

A locking differential (like the Kyosho TCD, Losi Smartdiff and Xray locking diff) will provide a locking action, reducing the differential speed across the differential, this keeps the car driving forward, the downside is if the locking action is too strong, will make the car understeer and potentially more difficult to drive, espiecially if the locking action is very aggressive coming on and off power.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
It will be the death of club racing if they're not careful. They're going to do the same thing they did to 1/8 scale.

Tire manufacturers will stop making the tires that club racers want because they are focused on high bite low wear, where as club racing tracks tend to focus on low wear. Some of them may even go to sugar to stay hip and price people further out of the game. I can't even get proline 4wd scrubs in the compound that works at my track anymore. On top of that, the "team setups" will be for mostly high bite and the average racer will struggle where previously he could just copy a team setup if they're not good at setup. Also, non sponsored people will really struggle at "big races" because the tracks EAT tires and they can't afford to compete, so everyone gets super serious and tries to get sponsors and soon you're left with what happened to the local 1/8 scale scene across America: The only ones left are the ones that have been doing it a long time, get tire sponsors, and drive around to the pro series races and rarely show up to club racing, and then the sport dies when nobody new wants to get into it.

It dies because we forget the club racer and focus on the top tier.
Awesome post, people tend to forget about the local club racers and then wonder why their local tracks close down. Recently at our local track I argued that they were making the tracks so technical and difficult that the weekend fun seeker wasn't having any fun. We have a pretty fast group of racers that show up and the tracks were being designed and groomed by them. One of them told me, if I could be fast on this track I could be fast anywhere. My reply, I am 48 years old, I haven't been to a major race in years because of work. I am not chasing sponsors and trying to turn pro and the majority of the people that race here are in the same boat as I am. Make tracks that are fun but also that the average racer can get around without crashing on every corner they come too.

Anyway, great post, if tracks focused more on their local club racers and less on the pros they would stay in business longer. The pros should support this, their purpose is to sell products for their sponsors.......the other pros aren't buying them! The club racer does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.