R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 04-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #1786
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
for the front CVD of 73mm, is it possible to buy only the bone part ? does anyon e know the part number ?
LA257-01

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #1787
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post
Seems odd that they wouldn't start updating the kit with the new stuff, they did with the RB6. Anyone know when the center dif is supposed to be out?
it was suppose to be out in march but never came out. I asked Joe again from Kyosho/orion and he said that they had some running changes and that has now pushed the release date back. his last text said there is no expected release date as of now which really sucks. I mean I really like my cars to have a center diff as it fits my driving better and kinda bought this kit with the hopes of having one for this outdoor season which is now here.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #1788
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
it was suppose to be out in march but never came out. I asked Joe again from Kyosho/orion and he said that they had some running changes and that has now pushed the release date back. his last text said there is no expected release date as of now which really sucks. I mean I really like my cars to have a center diff as it fits my driving better and kinda bought this kit with the hopes of having one for this outdoor season which is now here.
Hopefully soon. Glad your giving the car another shot!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #1789
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 281 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tobamiester Send a message via Yahoo to tobamiester

So I brought a ZX6 from a local guy a while back and been racing it with good results.

The car came with TFW126 Gear outdrives. No issues with them, just wonder if others run them and if they have switched over to them, what the handling benefits were (if any). Cheers.
tobamiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #1790
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

I have been running them for the last month or so. The only real significance that I have seen is that there is less wear and tear on the pins of the dog bone. Also things are a little quieter. You can also use TFW008 on the inside of the gear diff too!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...tfw008/p274073
Team Orion Pro Carbon 100C Batteries
motorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #1791
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 281 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tobamiester Send a message via Yahoo to tobamiester

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorfinger View Post
I have been running them for the last month or so. The only real significance that I have seen is that there is less wear and tear on the pins of the dog bone. Also things are a little quieter. You can also use TFW008 on the inside of the gear diff too!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...tfw008/p274073
Good deal. yeah I like the fit and feel. Destroyed the rears by not paying attention to them when the clips wore out. Live and learn.... Replaced them and have a stash of clips on deck.
tobamiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #1792
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobamiester View Post
So I brought a ZX6 from a local guy a while back and been racing it with good results.

The car came with TFW126 Gear outdrives. No issues with them, just wonder if others run them and if they have switched over to them, what the handling benefits were (if any). Cheers.

Been running them for quite a while, though I typically run on med.-high/high/super-high bite tracks.
Biggest benefit to them is the all metal ring and pinion, that once you get the gear mesh right and broke in, you can really hammer the gas without fear of stripping the ring and pinion, which can and does happen with the ball diffs from time to time.

By design the gear diffs do seem to have better on power acceleration, as they just lock up and go, but don't always have the feel off power of a ball diff. Almost like they like to be driven slightly on power if that makes sense. Once I got the diff oils right for what I wanted or needed, haven't had to do much else, though on low/low-med./med. grip can be a little bit of a handful with my 7k front and 5k rear oils I normally run.

Biggest down sides to the gear diffs that I've found is they have a louder gear train than the ball diffs do, mainly of the metal to metal ring and pinion, which when greased with the right stuff does get quieter. The other being if you're searching formate right oils in the diffs they aren't as easy to change the feel/settings as the ball diffs allow.

Having switched to the gear diffs, I don't think I'll be going back to the ball diffs for my normal racing/practicing, though with a new outdoor track about to open up, I might have to think about it.

I'd highly reccomend that anyone who wants to go to the gear diffs. Take the time to swap out the two little black plastic spacer/bushings that the out drives go through,,that come with the diff kit(s) and instead use two 5x8x2.5 bearings. Makes the diffs much smoother and last a lot longer

RB6 - MBX7R Eco
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #1793
Super Moderator

When you say, "though on low/low-med./med. grip can be a little bit of a handful with my 7k front and 5k rear oils I normally run" what do you mean by handful? What characteristics do you see/feel?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #1794
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
When you say, "though on low/low-med./med. grip can be a little bit of a handful with my 7k front and 5k rear oils I normally run" what do you mean by handful? What characteristics do you see/feel?

In general, loose feeling, easy to drift, or a little like driving on ice, mainly because I think the oils for that are too heavy/high and don't allow the diffs to work as effectively. Think a locked axle or posi rear end on a real car on a wet road, if that makes sense. So for those conditions maybe a 5k front and rear or even a 5k front/3k rear, 4K front/rear, 4K ftont/3k rear might be better suited for those low/lower grip levels. I don't normally run on those conditions all that much, so I am appling a bit of past knowledge from other cars over the years when I ran in those conditions more often.

RB6 - MBX7R Eco
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #1795
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea thats a tad heavy 4/3 3/2 work great on loose tracks, honestly i think it handles better than the ball diffs, for the way i drive anyway
Turtlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #1796
Super Moderator

Thanks Teufel Racing. That is what I thought you were talking about but wanted to be 100% sure.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #1797
Tech Adept

My local track is clay, I'm having a hard time figuring out what oil and springs to run. What springs/pistons/oils are you running on indoor clay tracks?
randywhite30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #1798
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gained some traction with white rear springs. I'm also using MIP Real Shocks pistons.
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #1799
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywhite30 View Post
My local track is clay, I'm having a hard time figuring out what oil and springs to run. What springs/pistons/oils are you running on indoor clay tracks?
2x1.6 front and 2x1.7, gold springs and 450CST all the way around has been winning for me on hard packed clay.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #1800
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywhite30 View Post
1.6 front and 1.7 rear pistons. Red front springs and gold rear springs. 500 kyosho front oil and 450 kyosho rear oil. Middle hole on arm and shock tower on front. 1 hole on RB6 rear arm and 3 hole on tower.