R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #1771
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Cool Kits

It would be nice if Kyosho would release a kit for either car in the curent version they are being run........but I digress
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #1772
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think that the ZX6 is a safe bet to stick around for a little while. They just came out with the floating servo mount and the center diff is in the works. Can't see them replacing it when an item that has alot of hype around it is coming out.

As for the current version, I think the major thing you "need" to run are the RB6 gull rear arms. Other than that, if you're on high bite carpet/turf/clay, you run the gear diffs. Lower bite, the ball diffs. Some say the HD chassis, but even on turf, the standard chassis is working well.

The RB6 on the other hand, you supposedly need the lightweight chassis, grind so the batteries fit sideways, a three gear trans etc....An awesome car, but the ZX6 is awesome almost box stock. Just buy springs to fit your need.

There were 5 versions of the ZX5 before it was fully replaced by the 6, but the ZX5 FS-->newer suspension are still the same (except the gull arms option). Diff parts are all the same. The ZX6 is just so much easier to work on than the ZX5.

I just got my ZX6 this past January and have no worries about it becoming obsolete any time soon.
dmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #1773
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post
Has there been any revisions to the ZX6 yet?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
It would be nice if Kyosho would release a kit for either car in the curent version they are being run........but I digress
The current version of the ZX6 is the HD chassis with the floating servo mount. About 60% of the factory guys run the UM713B rear arms but it isn't 100%.

Point being there really is no "current" version that is universal. I suspect at some point the LAW54B will become the kit chassis along with the servo mount but there isn't much else beyond box kit that works a ton better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcguire View Post
but the ZX5 FS-->newer suspension are still the same (except the gull arms option).
The gull arms aren't a ZX6 option. You have to figure some stuff out to make them work.

And for the record I have the UM713B arms on both my ZX6 and my ZX5 FS2 SP.

Last edited by Kraig; 04-07-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: language
Drew Manzella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #1774
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Manzella View Post
The gull arms aren't a ZX6 option. You have to figure some stuff out to make them work.

And for the record I have the UM713B arms on both my ZX6 and my ZX5 FS2 SP.
For the RB6 gull rear arms (technically an option for the ZX6 as well), all you need to do is run the arm and the RT5 hinge pin. Not sure what else is needed to be done aside bolting them on and adding hub spacers???

I too run the arms on my RB6s', ZX5 FS and ZX6. No issues at all. Are they necessary? No. I run them mainly to get the lower ride height for carpet and turf.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #1775
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Not sure what else is needed to be done aside bolting them on and adding hub spacers???
How do you hook up the ZX6 swaybar to the 713B arms? No need to post a picture of one of the clooged together solutions people have done. I have seen them. That's what I am talking about...

And my point was that those aren't a "ZX6 option part". They are a part that people run on the ZX6 because it works better. Would Kyosho include it in a future revision of the ZX6? Probably not as a straight off the shelf 713B arm. My guess is they will come up with a ZX6 specific arm that works with the car as-is, and doesn't require a hack solution for swaybar endlinks and a ton of spacers.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:02 PM   #1776
Tech Regular

I'll give you the away bar issue to a point, but I think all I did was use a shock bottom and ball on the link that mounts to the arm as opposed to the stock ball cup.

You can use the RB6 mid motor swaybar link kit worst case, but it's pricey.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #1777
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I ordered the HD chassis and the floating servo mount as well as trying the 713B arms on the rear as I already have a ton of them for my rb6. However I was unaware I needed a different set of hinge pins to mount them. Can someone also post a pic of how they made the sway bars work?

I just ordered a new kit today. Is it possible that kit will ship with the HD chassis already?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #1778
Tech Regular

Here are some pics of how I mounted the sway bar on the 731b arms.

Like I said, I used all the stock parts aside from the bottom link that actually attaches to the arm. Instead I used a short shock bottom and the ball that is pressed in that.

I made 2.0mm swaybars from some 5/64 music wire for running on turf and carpet. Because of this I had to drill out the blue swaybar balls to fit the heavier wire. Not sure if they're out yet, but Kyosho is offering a heavier swaybar kit for high traction.

In the last pic you can see the outer hingepin (suspension shaft) needed for these arms. Because it's not captured in the arm like the stock, flat LA272 arms, you need the 39.5mm RT5 pin that has nuts on each end. Part number KYOUM561.

Hope these pics help.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #1779
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Like I said, I used all the stock parts aside from the bottom link that actually attaches to the arm. Instead I used a short shock bottom and the ball that is pressed in that.
Thats pretty much what I did as well. One of these days I will find a threaded ball for mine but until then I have a plastic arm shim filling the gap in the "V".

Quote:
Not sure if they're out yet, but Kyosho is offering a heavier swaybar kit for high traction.
It says in stock on Kyosho America:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Stabili...6_p_24323.html

Quote:
In the last pic you can see the outer hingepin (suspension shaft) needed for these arms. Because it's not captured in the arm like the stock, flat LA272 arms, you need the 39.5mm RT5 pin that has nuts on each end. Part number KYOUM561.
Yup - standard RB6 outer hinge pins. For what it's worth I did grind a flat in the stock ZX6 outer hinge pin and captured it with the set screw in the center of the hub. Worked fine until my RB6 parts arrived.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:17 AM   #1780
Tech Regular

Quote:
Here are some pics of how I mounted the sway bar on the 731b arms.

I made 2.0mm swaybars from some 5/64 music wire for running on turf and carpet. Because of this I had to drill out the blue swaybar balls to fit the heavier wire. Not sure if they're out yet, but Kyosho is offering a heavier swaybar kit for high traction.

Hope these pics help.

I have a bunch of those shafts from my RT6 and haven't needed a replacement yet. That should be a no brainer. The sway bar seems pretty easy to. Thanks. Really excited to get this car together.

Does any one know if the new ZX6 kits come with the HD chassis or still just the standard?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #1781
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I originally posted, to ask "if it was a safe bet to buy a Kyosho ZX-6 right now"

I ended up buying a brand new Kyosho RB6 the newest version from tower hobbies. I just finished building it last night

I have a newly found love for Kyosho. The ZX-6 is easily worth the $579.

The kits are more money. But all of the upgrades are included. Everything built in Japan, great plastics, Delrin cnc conical shock parts.

I want a ZX-6 next.

tps3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #1782
Tech Addict

Default my mod

This is my mod to fit the gulf arm
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_20160410_110400.jpg   Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_20160410_110446.jpg   Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_20160410_110515.jpg  
bve_evb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #1783
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post

Does any one know if the new ZX6 kits come with the HD chassis or still just the standard?
Based on my conversation with someone who got a kit a month back it did not have the HD chassis.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #1784
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Based on my conversation with someone who got a kit a month back it did not have the HD chassis.
Seems odd that they wouldn't start updating the kit with the new stuff, they did with the RB6. Anyone know when the center dif is supposed to be out?
Old 04-17-2016, 03:35 AM   #1785
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

for the front CVD of 73mm, is it possible to buy only the bone part ? does anyon e know the part number ?
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote