R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #1561
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson3 View Post
I misunderstood. A lot of my steering issues went away when I went motor forward. Diff could be too tight. You could also try going narrower on the front hinge pin blocks. something else that worked for me was moving the shock in on the rear tower. Do you have a base setup you are working off?
Is your rear end planted?
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #1562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Is your rear end planted?
For the most part, yeah. I think the rear kick up is the reason though. I run the 4 bump spacer under the FR toe block and the 2 bump spacer under the RR block. I saw it on someone's setup and just tried it and really liked it. It keeps the back end from snapping out and I can drive the car hard without feeling like the car is going to loop out.
cnelson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #1563
Tech Elite

Quote:
For the most part, yeah. I think the rear kick up is the reason though. I run the 4 bump spacer under the FR toe block and the 2 bump spacer under the RR block. I saw it on someone's setup and just tried it and really liked it. It keeps the back end from snapping out and I can drive the car hard without feeling like the car is going to loop out.
Damn that's a lot lol. Isn't that the same as running 0/2?
Old 09-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #1564
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
Yes I should of thought about the diffs while I was at the track but I would say about 3/4 rotation in the front and just over a full turn in the rear as far as diff tightness. Im working off this set currently...

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...i_RCE20150312/
I would do a few things differently but they would be for my track and my driving style. Red front springs, move the hubs back 1 or 2 mm's. I liked the yellow fronts too but the Reds were similar feeing but added a little more steering. The only other thing may be to narrow up the front track width and go with c in/c in. You'll have to test these out a bit to see what you like but this is where I would start.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #1565
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I would do a few things differently but they would be for my track and my driving style. Red front springs, move the hubs back 1 or 2 mm's. I liked the yellow fronts too but the Reds were similar feeing but added a little more steering. The only other thing may be to narrow up the front track width and go with c in/c in. You'll have to test these out a bit to see what you like but this is where I would start.
Great I appreciate the input!
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #1566
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Damn that's a lot lol. Isn't that the same as running 0/2?
Yeah I know but whatever the reason, it felt good. i saw it that way on someone else's setup sheet. Had similar issues with the back being "snappy" and it helped.

I would assume it is the same as 2 bump in the RR only. Try it out and let us know. I never messed with it after I was happy.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #1567
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah I know but whatever the reason, it felt good. i saw it that way on someone else's setup sheet. Had similar issues with the back being "snappy" and it helped.

I would assume it is the same as 2 bump in the RR only. Try it out and let us know. I never messed with it after I was happy.
I'll try it. I think I do like the higher rear pivot like in 2w.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #1568
tef
Tech Regular

Quote:

Elliot Boots runs that setup with the 4/2. He also makes comments about having to shave some parts. I think its on petitrc if you wantnto look at his comments.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #1569
tef
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
Yes I should of thought about the diffs while I was at the track but I would say about 3/4 rotation in the front and just over a full turn in the rear as far as diff tightness. Im working off this set currently...

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...i_RCE20150312/
This is my setup, when they change the layout at RC Excitement it really helps the car turn and be free. Its really twitchy as traction comes up.

I have my cars set for turf for this weekends turf nationals and will be posting those setups too if they are any good. If you go the race this weekend at RC Madness swing by and say hi.

My RB6 was really good the one time i drove it on turf if you have that car and looking for a setup for that too on turf.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #1570
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post
This is my setup, when they change the layout at RC Excitement it really helps the car turn and be free. Its really twitchy as traction comes up.

I have my cars set for turf for this weekends turf nationals and will be posting those setups too if they are any good. If you go the race this weekend at RC Madness swing by and say hi.

My RB6 was really good the one time i drove it on turf if you have that car and looking for a setup for that too on turf.
I will try and swing by sunday for the mains after work, post up here where you are pitting ill come say hi. Hopefully you guys have good weather. You will love the turf, I fell in love with it but its over an hour away with no traffic so I cant club race with work going on
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #1571
Tech Adept

Fresh shell and wing on my ZX-6

Headling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:32 AM   #1572
tef
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headling View Post
Fresh shell and wing on my ZX-6

Looking good!
Old 09-15-2015, 06:20 AM   #1573
Tech Adept

Thanks, yes really pleased with the new paint job
Headling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #1574
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post

What are you running for a setup at RC Excitement ? I going to try and get down there real soon .
Old 09-16-2015, 07:52 AM   #1575
tef
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
What are you running for a setup at RC Excitement ? I going to try and get down there real soon .
I'm heading to RC Excitement within the next week or so and I'm changing my 4wd completely. I'll post my setup after I run.