Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New to R/c and Jato owner >

New to R/c and Jato owner

New to R/c and Jato owner

Old 05-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to R/c and Jato owner

I'm very happy with this machine!
I've never owned an R/C but a long time ago 2 cuisin had them from christmas and their were electric bugys I liked them so much but my parents couldn't afford to buy me one, it have been 14 years since then and now I live by my self and I had bought this traxxas jato, I just looked the video at the traxxas home page and love it and order it every thing in just an hour of surfering the web, I live in mexico so I had to wait like a week to get it so I start reading about r/c and the jato. by the time I get the jato I was very espectating, I recived the box at 5pm and I finished with the "break in" at 3am of the morning! I was really amazed! there was a lot of diference since that christmas! some neightboors were looking impresed at the jato at 2am of the morning! they said they heard the noise... what is that noise veeee veeee veeee veeee so they come out side and saw that little thing running the street very fast, is that thing running on gasoline? they ask, yes... how fast can it go? 55 60 miles I said, -what! every time I play with my jato theres alway a crawd when I finish. the jato is awsome it's really fast I just ordered a set of paddle tires, I'm going to take to the dunes And I come back with a video and pics.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Hi i am also knew to rc and am going to purchase a jato, i cant wait for it. What is the engine like? is it easy to start and does the roto start work well too? this is great talki to sum1 on the same level as me with the same car soon. Hopefully we can share tips and product ideas etc.

Cheers

Chris
[email protected]
Old 05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi rc fanatic! I've seen yours post did you dicede on the jato yet?
this is a very nice truck man, don't hesitate on geting it.
at fisrt it was hard to me and a little frustrating trying to start it for the first time, as I ordered a charger for the 7.2 batt I get the wrong one the charger operates with DC power (car battery power) when I try the EZ starter control on the jato it wasn't doing anything, so I thought the battery wasn't at full charge and I charge it again, then I tried again and the same nothing!
but the problem was that the piston was stucked so I did the unstuck procedure that comes on the manual and wala! it started is was very exciting after hours of trying hear it! before that I had no idea how a nitro engine sounds, besides that the jato is very newbie friendly it's a hard to drive but that because it's very fast! but I handle it better now, and hope to increase my driving with practice

Last edited by edgardomc; 05-30-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I hope your not actually running gasoline? You do know the vehicles require specific car nitro glow fuel right?

AKA Nitro Fuel.

This is hobby specific stuff and you need to buy it from a RC Shop, not a gas station.

Just making sure you know. Im guessing since its running its not gas...Im doubting it could even run on gasoline.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I hope your not actually running gasoline? You do know the vehicles require specific car nitro glow fuel right?

AKA Nitro Fuel.

This is hobby specific stuff and you need to buy it from a RC Shop, not a gas station.

Just making sure you know. Im guessing since its running its not gas...Im doubting it could even run on gasoline.
Of course I'm running nitro! Traxxas top fuel 20% nitro to more especific, but I wanted to give my neightbor a short answer, can you imagine some one who haven't seen a r/c ever not even an electric one asking is that thing running on nitro fuel?
but thank you for asking ... I'll become an expert on this forums, now i'm wondering to change my Jato engine for stronger and faster one, any sugestions????
Old 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I am very happywith mine too. I have owned a few nitro r/c's and this is the best by far.

Here is mine:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73718
Old 05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

hey! jatofever
I've seen your post too on the traxxas forums, I like your jato I just ordered the socks for mine too it't seems like you have a lot experience on finding accesories, does those shocks improve the performance or just estetic?

oh and by the way, I have already registred on the traxxas forums but not able to post yet do they take to long to allow posting?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

The shocks are stronger of course butnot needed. The GTR Traxxas shocks are really well designed(same as award winning REVO suspension. The aluminum ones are a little heavier which is good. The Jato is so light that traction becomes an issue. The stock tires are JUNK with a capital "J"!! They will need replaced right away. No one has released a tire yet for the 2.8 sized rims so you will have to buy rustler type rims to add new shoes. There are many 2.2 rims that fit the Jato. The Jato also has a center battery mount along with the common rear mount. I have yet to use the middle slot because I hear it takes away from rear traction.

Also with these shocks I had to do alot to match the great performance of the stock shocks. Like gut all the original shocks and put the shafts, pistons, x-rings(just cause they are better than the O-rings) and springs on the new aluminum shocks. Because the aluminum ones are made for the Revo. The Jato shocks have 1.3mm pistons in the rear and 1.4mm in the front. Once dialed in they are just as good as the original but look alot better and add some weight to the 4 corners for more traction.

As far as registering with the Traxxas forum I think all have to be approved or check by a real person. Being that its a holiday it could be tuesday before you get access. Also be careful over there too. They are really strict on language and other rules. You cant even ****ing do this!! 25 warning points and your gone. Ive never seen a forum like it. Its good though because its all Traxxas owners.

Sorry for the long post.
JatoFever