Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4.2 vs T4.2 ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default B4.2 vs T4.2 ???

Hey guys, i don't know what to do. I just can't decide whether to get the B4.2 or the T4.2.

First here are some pics of my track:

It's a tiny and medium-bumpy indoor highbite track with little jumps, medium-good mantained. I already drove the B4.2 of a friend of mine and it performed really well over the bumps. Just after the long table before the double jump it doesn't land really good.

So the thing is, i'm driving a slow, heavy, very forgiving SC4x4 since 2 years now, and therefore i'm not a very cautios driver. (i can drive through anything with my truck and break nothing xD) Now i'm worried that i'll break a lot of a-arms with the buggy (it's kinda the exact opposite to my truck), which would be a real problem as my pocket money isn't really high.

In appearance i like the T4 better and i would also save money from destroyed spoilers and shocktowers versus the B4. Another big plus for the T4 is, that i could use SC10 RPM-Arms (maybe problems with the length of the bigbores 'cause the T4.2 has gullwing arms?) so i could make it nearly bulletproof with aluminium casterblocks and the rpm-arms. Problem is: nobody else drives Stadiumtruck! Actually it's not that bad, because we only have 3 races per year and i usually don't go to other big races. If the T4.1 is at least as fast as the B4 so i can easily keep up with my friends, i could live with that. (furthermore someone has to make the first step to bring the class back). A pro for the B4 is, that i can share parts/tires with my friend and can use his shock setup. (for some reason i'm really really bad in setting up my shocks)

I will drive both with the widest T-Bone-Racing Bumpers i can get to make it as robust as possible.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wasn't that track where a RC10 was filmed recently?
First Chopper tells you to HTFU LOL,you could learn to land that double and that way you don't need to buy expensive Truck tires and RPM arms and whatnot.And there's more buggies than trucks around you so go with a B4.
Hope it helps...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Hope it helps...
Hmm unfortunately not much. I know how to land that double, the're other spots which make trouble. You see that spot with the red-white poster from where the second pic is taken? You have to drive as near to that poster as possible to take that two 45° corners as one long smooth corner. Stupidly, there's a nice edge... only a few inches too far right and you hook onto that edge -> arm broken. (which happens quite often to other buggy drivers, as you enter this corner with high speed). And you see that table in front of the drivers stand? if you land too far right, you hit some planks and stone which stands out from the ground -> also kills every buggy.

Furthermore, there may also be other causes for crashs. for example stupid sanwa users which interfere with my spektrum, new drivers who don't brake soon enough and get into oncoming traffic, outstanding nails and so on

First Chopper tells you to HTFU LOL
i do this hobby to have fun and don't want to spent thousands of dollars each year on new cars and parts. I bought my SC used, it weighs 120oz (3.4kg), i use slicks and cheap Nanotech batterys and still i'm faster than 80% of the other drivers here which rollers cost 2 times as much as my whole car. (yes also MIP Losis, teamdrivers etc.)

Wasn't that track where a RC10 was filmed recently?
possibly, we have many RC10 here. Last Father's Day, there were like 3-4 driving and a few in the pits.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

I own a t4.2 and love it already and I haven't even got it super dialed yet, it's a good strong truck that can take a pretty good beating and handles well with some minor tuning, only flaws I see in it is the ball cups of course and I would like stronger turnbuckles, in the end it all depends what YOU want to drive, I personally got the t4 because 1/10th buggies are to small for my liking although I'll probably get 1 in the future
Old 06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

thx for you'r input. Do you think it is as fast as a buggy? i think the stability won't be an issue with rpm-arms and front bumper.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody227
thx for you'r input. Do you think it is as fast as a buggy? i think the stability won't be an issue with rpm-arms and front bumper.
Stadium trucks are usually slower than buggies, given the same motor.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

On that track, I would race a B4.2, high traction, low CG...
Old 06-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

A buggy would probably be the way to go. Its faster then a T4. The T4 is in between a buggy and a SC speed and handling wise. If you do decide a t4.2 then dont buy anything RPM except ball cups. RPM arms have way too much flex for a race truck especially on a carpet track.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elex300
A buggy would probably be the way to go. Its faster then a T4. The T4 is in between a buggy and a SC speed and handling wise. If you do decide a t4.2 then dont buy anything RPM except ball cups. RPM arms have way too much flex for a race truck especially on a carpet track.
I'd have to argue with the overall statement of a buggy being faster vs. a stadium truck, I own a t4.2 my friend owns a b4.2, I'm running a lrp x12 17.5 on 30/75 gearing and he's running a tekin redline gen1 17.5 on 34/75 gearing, after a drag race he was only ahead by a couple car lengths given that he's geared for more top end and the buggy is lighter, as far as the buggy it's more agile and lighter vs the ST, IF you're getting the AE FT kit! which is highly recommended over the rtr

I do agree with the rpm parts though on both t4 and b4 all you need is the rpm ball cups the a-arms etc. are perfectly fine
Old 06-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I'd have to argue with the overall statement of a buggy being faster vs. a stadium truck, I own a t4.2 my friend owns a b4.2, I'm running a lrp x12 17.5 on 30/75 gearing and he's running a tekin redline gen1 17.5 on 34/75 gearing, after a drag race he was only ahead by a couple car lengths given that he's geared for more top end and the buggy is lighter, as far as the buggy it's more agile and lighter vs the ST, IF you're getting the AE FT kit! which is highly recommended over the rtr

I do agree with the rpm parts though on both t4 and b4 all you need is the rpm ball cups the a-arms etc. are perfectly fine

So you argue that the buggy is faster even though he beat you? Doesn't matter how far ahead he beat you, the fact is the buggy was faster, therefore proving my statement of a buggy being faster.

Yes, all of RPM parts are perfectly fine, but not for his track. It is a carpet track with high grip. High grip means you want less flex. RPM has too much flex as Erik stated.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
So you argue that the buggy is faster even though he beat you? Doesn't matter how far ahead he beat you, the fact is the buggy was faster, therefore proving my statement of a buggy being faster.

Yes, all of RPM parts are perfectly fine, but not for his track. It is a carpet track with high grip. High grip means you want less flex. RPM has too much flex as Erik stated.
Okay I get the whole "doesn't matter if you won by a inch or a mile, winning is winning" haha, sorry if I didn't explain it in full detail, that's why I stated it's lighter and him being geared up 4teeth makes a bigger difference than some think
BTW I'm agreeing that ALL he needs is the rpm ballcups
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Sorry, I thought we were talking about speed on a track not speed runs up and down the street. On a track a buggy is faster then a stadium truck. BTW your friend probably would have smoked you if he had the correct gearing in his buggy. Something more like 37/69. Just saying!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Suspended

Sorry, I thought we were talking about speed on a track not speed runs up and down the street. On a track a buggy is faster then a stadium truck. BTW your friend probably would have smoked you if he had the correct gearing in his buggy. Something more like 37/69. Just saying!
+1
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

So you're saying in a race on a track a buggy will always beat an ST , track times say different sometimes, I want to see 37/69 gearing on 17.5 running good temps cause I'd like to know what motor this is
Old 06-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Suspended

So you're saying in a race on a track a buggy will always beat an ST , track times say different, yea I'm sure someone is running 37/69 gearing in a main race with good temps
Most of the time, yes a buggy is faster. Given the same motor.

Please show us these "track times" you speak of.

But you said it was a street race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.