R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-16-2002, 07:37 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default MRC trucks

Does anyone here run MRC trucks? You don't hear alot about them anymore....probably because they are getting hard to find...but I run two of them, an Ironman and an MT-10s.

The Ironman is considered a monster truck but I guess technically it isn't since it is more like a jacked up stadium truck. The funny thing about it is that it actually is a better truck than the Stampede because the stampede's ground clearance is a little bit misleading.

The Stampede has about 4" of ground clearance in the middle of the truck but since the front and rear arms are only about 1-1/2 to 2" from the ground, the effect is that the truck only has about 2" of clearance. Plus the servo hangs down there as well. On the other hand, the Ironman has 2-1/2" inches of ground clearance all the way across the board. I find that my friend's Stampedes are sometimes unable to get over obstacles that my truck has no problem with....i.e. curbs.

I originally bought the Mt-10s (stadium truck) as a parts car for the Ironman since everything is basically the same, but have since cleaned it up into a nice truck.

Tell me what you think,

crookedlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Evil_S10

if you would like to find more people that have MRC trucks, go to rcmt.net and you will find a lot of people that have these trucks.
Evil_S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Thanks...but I am already a member at that site.....I come here for my on-road car needs and I just thought that maybe I would see what people are saying over here in the truck postings.

crookedlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote