Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top truggies

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Top truggies

Hey guys I've been looking into truggies and I wanted to take your opinion on what are the best truggies available in the market today.

Kits, RTR etc they all work. Kits probably preferred due to quality

Let me know what you guys think I need help in picking a decent reliable truggy

Budgets up to 1k are fine
Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Mugen MBX6T, Castle Creations Mamba Monster ESC, 2200kv 1/8 scale motor, extra arms, springs, pinions, best 4s batteries you can afford.....you will rule the track.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Mugen is a great choice, and so is the X-Ray 2009 spec XT8. The X-Ray can be difficult to find the e-conversion parts for though. I have owned a Losi, and Associated and the X-Ray is far superior from a handling standpoint IMHO.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Kysoho or Associated are very good.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so far there is a mugen, and x-ray. But if parts are hard to find for an rc I would stay away from it. maybe its just me.

Guys just BTW I am looking to buy NEW kits/rtrs/conversions. So please list truggies that would be available in the market in new conditions. thanks!

Keep it coming please!!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Associated is what is popular at my tracks
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Love my Losi 8T 2.0 with tekno conversion. Durable, parts everywhere should you break, and a ton of setup help out as well.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Love my Losis to but really, the top 5 or 6 are all great.. If anybody says you will dominate if you run a certain type is full of crap, 90% of it is the driver..
Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

D8t-e. I have the Tekno version, but there are others. Easy to drive, great value, very robust.

I'm digging mine.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Caster F8T, no conversion needed and similiar to the mugen trucks. Solid performer and durable as heck. I tossed mine through the ringer last year and it came out smelling like roses. Had to replace upper front after a year of racing.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I've only driven losi, mugen and kyosho truggies and losi is the only one I spent considerable time with. My losi truggies were an absolute blast and tough isn't even the word for them. But I must say that the mugen mbx6t tekno v4 was a thing of beauty! In the little time I had it it was easily my favorite of the truggy class. The engineering on that truck is second to none. It is dialed.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Love my Losis to but really, the top 5 or 6 are all great.. If anybody says you will dominate if you run a certain type is full of crap, 90% of it is the driver..
+100000000000

All the top brand truggies are identical just about in reliability and performance. It's more about driver skill than anything. And every brand will have one area it will excel at a little better than the other most times. Some jump a little better, some handle rough a little better, some handle tight tracks better etc... With all the adjustment available you can make any of the top truggies work for your track and your driving style. Just pick something that you can get parts for and have fun. I've just about owned them all and I can't say definitely that one brand just completely obliterates all others because that's not the case. They all are capable in a capable driver's hands....
Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MattP
+100000000000

All the top brand truggies are identical just about in reliability and performance. It's more about driver skill than anything. And every brand will have one area it will excel at a little better than the other most times. Some jump a little better, some handle rough a little better, some handle tight tracks better etc... With all the adjustment available you can make any of the top truggies work for your track and your driving style. Just pick something that you can get parts for and have fun. I've just about owned them all and I can't say definitely that one brand just completely obliterates all others because that's not the case. They all are capable in a capable driver's hands....
Deffinantly agree on this point, and it cant be said enough that the vehicle is the winner. i have seen people turn some seriously fast laps with RTR ofna stuff before. But the top major brands (5 or 6) are all equal im most areas, all have weakness' and strengths.

I do have to throw in a plight for you to look into the Team C vehicles tho, have been running them for the past couple years now (i run 1/8 buggy 1/8 truggy electrics, nitro 1/8 truggy and the 4wd SCT) all are very solid performers. I actually have a spare 1/8 truggy i would be willing to sell off, (the class had died out here very recently). It has only 4-5 runs from last year so is near new. PM me if your interested, and yes there a several stores with parts readily availabe as most parts are the same for the nitros.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Honestly from a professional standpoint you can't go wrong with a Hot Bodies D8T with a Tekno V4 conversion. Yes this truggy wears a little faster than others, but parts are cheap, the truggy is very durable, and with the Tekno V4 conversion you'll already have a better balanced layout than the rest and it will still be cheaper than the other kits with no hop ups. For the money there is no better option out on the market at the moment than the D8T-Tekno V4.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The Team C T8Te is worth looking at as well, very durable and well balanced, good value as well since you dont need to buy a conversion kit on top of the kit price, it also comes with nice machined alumn towers and full arm holders out of the box, I added the aluminum servo saver bellcrank for peice of mind but you really dont need to add any hop-ups to it at all. I also like that it uses the two 2s packs so I can use the same packs in my SC over the winter months,