Wiki Posts
Search

SCTE to 810 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SCTE to 810 conversion

I am in the middle of my scte to 810 conversion and can't wait to get it on the track.

Of those of you that have done this conversion, how is the buggy handle compared to the SC truck?

I have had an RC8BE in the past but I am looking forward to a buggy that will weigh close to 2 lbs less than the RC8BE.

Just curious in seeing if this 810 buggy conversion proves to be a great handling buggy?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Ran one last year, did fine.. first time out in a full field took first place. I ran it with a xerun 540 4pole 3400kv on 3s 4k lipo and it was ballistic. Only issue with them is they are not as durable as true 1/8. On indoor tracks no issue but on huge outdoor tracks a little more concerning. If you are racing with a group of good guys and you don't crash much it will more than do it's job.. but if you run with a variety of skill levels sadly with the right hit or worse someone going backwards etc.. you're done for, no chance of survival. If you yourself are a bad driver, again not the best choice especially on a large track.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I have raced mine and your best bet as said before, is to separate yourself from the field. Try and get out ahead early and stay there because if you try and mix it up with 8ights and RC8s, you are going to get pushed around like a feather and probably break things. I am currently running on 2S with a Tenshock 5000kv motor, however with that setup it does tend to get hot quickly and doesn't have nearly as much punch I would like for my large outdoor track, it does however keep it very light and I can easily keep up with the "true" 8th scales on the straights. I think I was around 6lbs RTR. I am going to run the Tenshock 2650kv true buggy motor on 3s to keep temps down and get some punch back. This will add weight but I can now focus more on lightening the buggy

Handling wise, it is pretty awesome. Very light and nimble, doesn't get upset much. The only recommendation is to watch the off throttle oversteer, as with the short wheelbase this can cause issues (This isn't that much of an issue if you are going to be running the *longer* SCTE chassis)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 810

Cool. Good stuff. Thanks guys!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? Maybe you need

I have a 810 chasi slight use..... $20 shipped