Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems >

Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Solved my problems THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. For those of you who did help and are wondering what the problem was. My battery was loose on the power cable(tossing the battery as i've tried fixing one and its a PITA.)This explains why i didnt think anything was wrong with the esc as it would turn on before i got up next to my car and the D/C was not fully like the last battery i had this problem with. It was very brief. Even when i had it on the charger i had to move it around alot before it would do it and it would just make a small spark and throw the connection error on my charger. Glad to find out what it was and that it was something i had already planned to replace anyways. Thanks again for every ones help. This thread can be deleted

Last edited by cmeans_23; 05-15-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...co-thread.html
Old 05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

^i have looked through there and have only found issues related to browning out(when the esc cuts out due to a peak in power to the servo(not my problem) And even after reading/searching for my specific problems i have not found answers for most. The shock oil i'm sure i could have found in there that i just added as i was already asking other questions. I have also posted in the forum about some of these problems individually(wiring concerns mostly) and never heard much back. I have also and still do read on both The eco Thread and tekin Thread but to this point(still reading through the Threads) have not found answers to my problem. Need a solution in the mean time so i posted a thread hoping for a few suggestions in a faster time frame Not only from the Tekin/Eco users but anybody with helpful info.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

you would ask your questions in that thread and they very helpful guys will chime in. Simple as that.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

U shouldnt need the bec, the rx8s bec should be powerful enough. Try it without the bec and the transponder pluged into the AUX. spektrum is very picky with savox and castle but u dont have either one so the bec is not needing i wouldnt think. Nice looking buggy though��
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6
you would ask your questions in that thread and they very helpful guys will chime in. Simple as that.
pm'd to avoid conflict on the thread hope all is good. Thanks for you input
Old 05-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty
U shouldnt need the bec, the rx8s bec should be powerful enough. Try it without the bec and the transponder pluged into the AUX. spektrum is very picky with savox and castle but u dont have either one so the bec is not needing i wouldnt think. Nice looking buggy though��
I asked about this on the tekin thread and Randy told me that i would need the bec as my HV servo requires 7.4v to run properly. I tried it without the BEC and it did work however i installed a BEC anyways to take load off the esc as i heard these burn up a lot. And didn't want to run it without the BEC just to find out it was contently trying to pull more then 6.0 v from the esc in tern stressing the esc out
Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cmeans_23
pm'd to avoid conflict on the thread hope all is good. Thanks for you input
No conflict...just pointing you in the right direction. And if you read the rules posted by the mods they state the same thing.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6
No conflict...just pointing you in the right direction. And if you read the rules posted by the mods they state the same thing.
Thanks again
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmmmm... I have my bec plugged into the bind slot and my transponder plugged into the AUX. i use castle and savox with spektrum so i need a bec. Maybe put a couple layers of double sided tape on the receiver?? What radio you using? Dx3c? Dx3s? Dx3r?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The electronics issue is clearly not relatec to a car specific thread. First thing I would check is to see if the rx is HV compatible sine you have an hv sero. Secondly, did you install the bec correctly i.e, removing the red wire from the esc to rx connection? (correct me if im wrong with this guys)

As far as shock, setup is car specific. I wouod lookup the Mugen MBX6E manual for a base setup and work from there....
Doh! looks like the red wire is disconnected. need my eyes checked. lol.
Do you lose throttle and steering respone?
Good luck.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty
Hmmmmm... I have my bec plugged into the bind slot and my transponder plugged into the AUX. i use castle and savox with spektrum so i need a bec. Maybe put a couple layers of double sided tape on the receiver?? What radio you using? Dx3c? Dx3s? Dx3r?
dx2e. And my problem with putting a couple layers of servo tape under the reciever is then i cant get the top on without pushing down on the tops of the plugs. I am curious though if i switch the transponder to the "aux" and the bec to the bind/pwr it will work better. I think i tried this but i'll try again to be sure
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
The electronics issue is clearly not relatec to a car specific thread. First thing I would check is to see if the rx is HV compatible sine you have an hv sero. Secondly, did you install the bec correctly i.e, removing the red wire from the esc to rx connection? (correct me if im wrong with this guys)

As far as shock, setup is car specific. I wouod lookup the Mugen MBX6E manual for a base setup and work from there....

Good luck.
I did follow the instructions (pulling the red wire from the esc to the rx) I will check into the rx being HV compatible as i did not know it had to be. Just assumed all rx's were compatible i guess. Bear with me i'm new to r/c since brushless/lipo's and such have come out

Edit- i checked to see if it was compatible for HV. Found it says its Voltage Range is 3.5-9.6V so i assume that it is (correct me if i'm wrong)
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmeans_23
I did follow the instructions (pulling the red wire from the esc to the rx) I will check into the rx being HV compatible as i did not know it had to be. Just assumed all rx's were compatible i guess. Bear with me i'm new to r/c since brushless/lipo's and such have come out
no prob, hope we rctechers can help....
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
no prob, hope we rctechers can help....
i edited the above post with my finding on the HV compatibility

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.