Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

do you lose steering and throttle?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

U shouldnt have problems with that radio.. Man u got me stumped.. Try running it with just the rx8 and servo plugged in and go from there
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At this point i have switched the transponder and the BEC around so now i have the bec in the bind/batt slot and the transponder in the aux slot. It all appears to work fine now but i wont know if i have fixed my issue with jumps till i get it outside again(waiting to get the servo/trandponder/BEC mounted in place as i am still unsure of what exactly to use/where to put them.

(hoping that switching the transponder/BEC around fixes the glitches i was experiencing but unsure as of now)

I believe the first time i tried it that way i may have had the servo plug in backwards which is why i had it switched around i think(steering wasnt working and i think i relocated the whole rx to make wires fit better due to length cuasing me to unplug the others in the process which would be where i confused myself). Rookie mistake

Still curious on which wires i need to keep separate going into the rx box to avoid interference as well

Thanks again for all feedback everyone
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cmeans_23
i edited the above post with my finding on the HV compatibility
Sorry if I didn't help much. I tried but I hope you the best of luck! I hope you get back on the track soon!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
do you lose steering and throttle?
Yea its as if the receiver gets disconnected. I can rebind and go again till it bottoms out on a jump
Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty
Sorry if I didn't help much. I tried but I hope you the best of luck! I hope you get back on the track soon!
Well i know it ran fine for at least a battery pack without the BEC/transponder hooked up on this set-up and appeared to be fine. I only hooked up the BEC cause i was concerned i would run into problems with the transponder running as well. And i also felt better about taking a load off of the esc. Also dont be sry by any means i greatly appreciate any help i can get on here. Thanks again
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

and you didnt have the prob before the bec? that is real weird. it is possible that your rx is bad, or may have dirt or debris in it. i have had issues with my futaba rx's when they get dirt in them....
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have my transponder mounted on my receiver box cover. Works good for me
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
and you didnt have the prob before the bec? that is real weird. it is possible that your rx is bad, or may have dirt or debris in it. i have had issues with my futaba rx's when they get dirt in them....
I did buy it used and when i ran it before the BEC install i was also on my other RX(sr300) didn't think to mention that. So maybe that is something i need to consider as it was a used rx i bought off of a local.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

I have my transponder mounted on my receiver box cover. Works good for me
On the outside i presume? That is probably a good idea. I have enough room that i can fit it inside the rx box too depending on how i mount the rx. I orignally had it there but unsure of how i am going to mount the rx i figured i'd ask for more opinions
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ohhhhh I don't think your dx2e is dsm2 capable. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry if I am but I think only dx3s and dx3r and maybe dx3c is dsm2 capable. The rx your using is a dsm2 rx and your tx is only a dsm1 capable
Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Ohhhhh I don't think your dx2e is dsm2 capable. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry if I am but I think only dx3s and dx3r and maybe dx3c is dsm2 capable. The rx your using is a dsm2 rx and your tx is only a dsm1 capable
it is compatible just double checked.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

I don't know much, but, I'm thinking it has to do with the tx/rx.

Spectrum just doesn't cut it for me....... but, please read first statement before anyone decides to flame me about it
Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Direct power your servo and Rx. See if that solves your "brown out" problems.

Find a local racer that can help you with Mugen shocks. There is no shock help in the Mugen threads on Rctech. Mugens have weird shocks, which is why I quit using Mugens.

Yeah, allway curve your motor wires forward, not back. The Protech 4100 lipo is a good fit for the Mugen. The JConcepts Finnisher body is great fo the Mugen. Leave an extra 1/4" under the body and secure it with velcro. I removed my body posts.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

I have the same receiver as you in my MBX6E. I use a HV servo also, Savox 2274SG. I have a Novak glitch buster plugged into the bind port on my receiver. The glitch buster is stuffed in the receiver box too. I notice that you do not have an antenna tube in the pic. I know it sounds unlikely but I find that Spektrum receivers can be particular about antenna placement. I would get an antenna tube if you don't have one. I thought it odd when you mentioned that the RX seems to cut out when you land.

Are you using a shock cushion on the bottom of your RX? 2 sided tape, velcro or something similar.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.